• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The defense has to come out hot and punch them in the neck. Set the tone of the game to take Rothy out the game. Kick them while they are down for that holding call in the playoffs. 

Any QB you can consistently pressure will make mistakes. Jacksonville and Chicago showed that if you contain Bell - then Big Ben will be forced to make plays down the field. Chiefs need to get a lead in this one and get pressure up the middle so Ben can't step up. He doesn't have the arm like he used to, but can still make accurate touch passes down the field. 

Question for the fantasy football players...do you bench your fantasy players when they play against the Chiefs? I have Antonio Brown and he's riding the pine this week.

For me it's a tiebreaker for bench guys/pickups.  But I don't sit studs, if they are going to go off I might as well benefit on the fantasy side.  I will be playing Brown.

Any QB you can consistently pressure will make mistakes. Jacksonville and Chicago showed that if you contain Bell - then Big Ben will be forced to make plays down the field. Chiefs need to get a lead in this one and get pressure up the middle so Ben can't step up. He doesn't have the arm like he used to, but can still make accurate touch passes down the field. 

I agree that is the goal every week but I was just talking about how Ben was kicking rocks after the game last week. Ben owned his mistakes he put it his shoulders so I am saying to dial up some extra pressure. Up the middle with our interior DL is the best place to bring pressure. Bailey, Logan, and Jones need to control the LOS. Reggie Ragland needs to get more snaps this game too, I would like his to really take over the ILB position long term. 

For me it's a tiebreaker for bench guys/pickups.  But I don't sit studs, if they are going to go off I might as well benefit on the fantasy side.  I will be playing Brown.

I keep telling myself that but can't bring myself around to doing it. If Chiefs were 0-5...different story.

I agree that is the goal every week but I was just talking about how Ben was kicking rocks after the game last week. Ben owned his mistakes he put it his shoulders so I am saying to dial up some extra pressure. Up the middle with our interior DL is the best place to bring pressure. Bailey, Logan, and Jones need to control the LOS. Reggie Ragland needs to get more snaps this game too, I would like his to really take over the ILB position long term. 

This is the exact reason why they brought Ragland to this team. We'll definitely see him more this week. Supposedly, he is a stout run-stuffer and can take on blocks from interior lineman to free up DJ. We'll definitely need it because Pitt's interior lineman are one of the best units in the league. Not sure what's wrong with Ramik, and why he was inactive last game.

This is the exact reason why they brought Ragland to this team. We'll definitely see him more this week. Supposedly, he is a stout run-stuffer and can take on blocks from interior lineman to free up DJ. We'll definitely need it because Pitt's interior lineman are one of the best units in the league. Not sure what's wrong with Ramik, and why he was inactive last game.

Not sure why they sat him either, maybe it was just a game plan numbers thing.

Jags beat Pitt with basically no QB. Bortles had 8 completions in the game for 70 yards and 1 INT. Think about that. Thsts 2000 Ravens type stuff. Jags are really kind of the Chiefs of the early 90s right now with worse QB play. Our defense right now isn't at same level as Jags though. And again for whatever reason we just never have matched up well with Pitt. Plus they are very healthy and are are far from it. Tough task.

The team that runs the ball well will win. Still not sold on the KC Defense. Could be very high scoring.

PIT couldn't stop the Jags running game even when it was obvious it would be a running play.  Chiefs may not be able to stop Bell.  It all depends on who can get off the field on third down plays or maybe get two scores ahead and force the other team into a more pass oriented game.  At least, the Chiefs won't be chasing a running QB as much.

Just line up & play. This team is different then those of years past. I'm excited to see how this season turns out. If we can maintain a relatively healthy roster, this team can be special. There is more balance between all 3 phases then I've ever seen from this team. I welcome any challenger at this point. Alex has a little "F it" in him right now & we as fans should too. Enjoy the season because it might be a special one to remember.

Just line up & play. This team is different then those of years past. I'm excited to see how this season turns out. If we can maintain a relatively healthy roster, this team can be special. There is more balance between all 3 phases then I've ever seen from this team. I welcome any challenger at this point. Alex has a little "F it" in him right now & we as fans should too. Enjoy the season because it might be a special one to remember.

Exactly right. Alex Smith is different. He's himself, he has character, no longer a robot. As long as he keeps playing like this bring on anyone. We need to win every home game and make a statement in this horrid AFC. This is ours.

Very true. The Steelers didn't have to worry about our punchless running game and could focus on Tyreek and Kelce. Kareem makes that a bad game plan this time around. But if Kelce can't play it almost takes us back to where we were. And our defense is missing a ton from the secondary they faced that day. Steelers come in hungry and healthy. This is one I put in the loss column from day one. But again your right this team even missing pieces has more options and as prior post said a QB playing better than anything we've seen in many years. There has to be a tipping point to all these injuries though at some point right?

Very true. The Steelers didn't have to worry about our punchless running game and could focus on Tyreek and Kelce. Kareem makes that a bad game plan this time around. But if Kelce can't play it almost takes us back to where we were. And our defense is missing a ton from the secondary they faced that day. Steelers come in hungry and healthy. This is one I put in the loss column from day one. But again your right this team even missing pieces has more options and as prior post said a QB playing better than anything we've seen in many years. There has to be a tipping point to all these injuries though at some point right?

The good thing is we may have some key players coming back for this game like Ford, Morse and LDT. I'm hopeful about Kelce too considering he passed the original test and came back out before being pulled. So one would imagine he has a decent chance of being Ok for Sunday (fingers crossed).

Sure there is a tipping point but why worry about it now. We can prepare for it by developing depth and allowing the GM to do his job but we have a shot this season. You as a franchise has to role with the punches and keep moving forward. Alex is playing lights out because this is his one last big shot to shine in his career. Andy is not holding back on his play calling and it shows. Personally I think Andy was waiting for this to happen and now he is really opening up the playbook because he knows this is our window right now. With Ford and possibly Hali coming back in a couple weeks will bring additional depth and pressure from the LB's which will help the back end in coverage. I get the caution but F it and play! The Chiefs will lose a game or more this season, they will probably not go undefeated but if they stay healthy at key positions we have a legit chance to bring home field advantage through the playoffs. Nobody wants to play at Arrowhead if we are playing like this in the playoffs. What better story line is it for the Chiefs to get home field and sweep the playoffs at HOME in front of our fans. 

The good thing is we may have some key players coming back for this game like Ford, Morse and LDT. I'm hopeful about Kelce too considering he passed the original test and came back out before being pulled. So one would imagine he has a decent chance of being Ok for Sunday (fingers crossed).

I forgot to talk about the interior line too... when they get healthy we will be that much better.

I don't think he'll be playing. He's not practicing today and hasn't even started protocol.

I think Bell has a decent day. It will be tougher for him. DJ and Logan weren't there last time he ran against us.

Not sure we rush Ben much. At least we didn't in the playoffs.

He was under heavy pressure in the last three games. They are not pass blocking well

Archived