Give Veach a ton of credit here. There are teams out there like TB who can't make a FG and are now looking at has been street free agents. Now you can never be sure how a young kid will handle elements and adversity, but he's clearly got elite leg talent and two prime time games hasn't shown any sign of rattling. Plus has he given up any return yardage st all in 2 games?

I gotta say, this season has been nothing but aces all season long. And I also recognize that if John Dorsey were still GM, I highly doubt that he executes either trade like Veach did. Dorsey has always frustratingly kept all his picks, even when a trade of a lower pick could've acquired very good talent.

With that being said, I love Veach's style. I do think it is very likely Veach was behind alot of the Chiefs talent acquisitions. After the signing of Harrison Butker, who replaced a very reliable kicker since Morten Anderson.

Everything Veach touches turns to gold. Spencer Ware? No problem, Kareem Hunt replaces Ware and ends up being a huge upgrade. Cairo Santos? Also not a problem, Harrison Butker was also an upgrade.

Then Veach has the foresight to strengthen positions of need before they were needed. Again, Ramik Wilson gets hurt, Reggie Ragland steps in and also looks like he has upgraded the position. Mitch Morse also goes down, but yet again, Zach Fulton steps in and also looks like an upgrade too.

In Brett Veach We Trust!

I gotta say, this season has been nothing but aces all season long. And I also recognize that if John Dorsey were still GM, I highly doubt that he executes either trade like Veach did. Dorsey has always frustratingly kept all his picks, even when a trade of a lower pick could've acquired very good talent.

With that being said, I love Veach's style. I do think it is very likely Veach was behind alot of the Chiefs talent acquisitions. After the signing of Harrison Butker, who replaced a very reliable kicker since Morten Anderson.

Everything Veach touches turns to gold. Spencer Ware? No problem, Kareem Hunt replaces Ware and ends up being a huge upgrade. Cairo Santos? Also not a problem, Harrison Butker was also an upgrade.

Then Veach has the foresight to strengthen positions of need before they were needed. Again, Ramik Wilson gets hurt, Reggie Ragland steps in and also looks like he has upgraded the position. Mitch Morse also goes down, but yet again, Zach Fulton steps in and also looks like an upgrade too.

In Brett Veach We Trust!

Veach reportedly was the guy highest on Mahomes and scouted him first/hardest. Then, we traded up for him. So maybe he sees talent and gets it instead of waiting for it (Lynch was taken when some said we wanted him). Dorsey had to do it, but Veach pushed for it.

In Brett Veach We Trust!

Fulton was decent but not an upgrade to Morse.

The signing of Butker should be a philosophy we follow for years to come. Always keep our eyes on talent in all positions and strike when we have the opportunity. Yes, it's still early in the kid's career so we can go too overboard. But if he turns out to be as good as we hope he will be, then won't the Panthers be kicking themselves? (excuse the pun)

Picking up these gems who everyone undervalues has to be ingrained into the organisation from here on. Because, if we continue to be a winning team then finding gems who make it to the later rounds will have to be a priority.

With the kind of leg that this years crop of NFL kickoffs going to the back of the endzone or over,   they need to kickoff from your own 20 yard line or kickoffs are a thing of the past.

Isn't this what the NFL wanted?  They moved the touchback line to the 25 in hopes that there would be LESS runbacks.  To many injuries on kick returns.  Now if someone could just get the word to DAT.............

Archived