DT Square claimed, Gordon released

But again how would you have signed all that beef on the front??  Got Charles happy, and been in position to ink the others.   Call it excuses, or whatever, but it's just how I see it.

I agree "on paper"  they took a step back.  They were also not in a position to just go out like gang busters, this offseason, Money wise and with only a handful of picks. Late rounders at that.   I fully expect a 6 -10 season but that doesn't mean that the moves he's made isn't gonna benefit this team for the future.  

Good or bad, we have NO clue how this thing is gonna look this season or 2-3 down the road.

I only wanted to keep Schwartz.  Albert was gone the minute Fisher was drafted.  Asamoah didn't fit the scheme.

I didn't expect the Chiefs to go bat-shit, Daniel Snyder, FA crazy.  I could have done without Joe Mays and Vance Walker.  I doubt wither make an impact, regardless of Mays' injury.  We needed OL and WR help.  It was neglected.  

PHI saw depth at WR and had a good deal in place.  They made a shrewd deal.  One I had hoped the Chiefs would be able to, especially without an R2 in a talent rich draft.  I cursed my Eagles buddy saying the Birds stole our trade.  

I doubt it was that the WR were overrated.  On the contrary, in drafts were a position is loaded, teams tend to focus on other positions knowing the loaded spot can be acquired later.  Go back and review the R2 drafted.  Reports I've read have been pretty good on all of them, thus far.  

Yep the philly trade was shitty.  Chiefs were close on that one.  

Really don't matter on the R2 picks when the chiefs didn't have one ehh??   Without being in the draft rooms I can't say if they should or shouldn't have reached at pick 23.    And again I think until these players have 2-3 years, STARTING, under their belt.  We can't say if it was a bad pick or not.  

But that Hind sight is always 20/20.

Yep the philly trade was shitty.  Chiefs were close on that one.  

Really don't matter on the R2 picks when the chiefs didn't have one ehh??   Without being in the draft rooms I can't say if they should or shouldn't have reached at pick 23.    And again I think until these players have 2-3 years, STARTING, under their belt.  We can't say if it was a bad pick or not.  

But that Hind sight is always 20/20.

Cody Latimer, Marqise Lee, or Jordan Matthews would not have been a reach at the end of R1.  Teams prioritized other positions because of depth.  That's how I'd do it.  "I like WR1, but DE1 looks good too and there are few DE.  We can always get WR2-n later. "  PHI had the luxury of making that call.  Instead of drafting DE1 they traded down.  

With a shortage of picks the Chiefs couldn't do that without a trade.  They took DE1.  We'll never know if WR was even priority to them.  In R3 they gambled on another project, Gaines.  

PS:  I love the upside of KC's 2014 draft.  But I see no immediate impact from it other than DAT on specialty plays.  Nothing meat and potatoes though.

Cody Latimer, Marqise Lee, or Jordan Matthews would not have been a reach at the end of R1.  Teams prioritized other positions because of depth.  That's how I'd do it.  "I like WR1, but DE1 looks good too and there are few DE.  We can always get WR2-n later. "  PHI had the luxury of making that call.  Instead of drafting DE1 they traded down.  

With a shortage of picks the Chiefs couldn't do that without a trade.  They took DE1.  We'll never know if WR was even priority to them.  In R3 they gambled on another project, Gaines.  

PS:  I love the upside of KC's 2014 draft.  But I see no immediate impact from it other than DAT on specialty plays.  Nothing meat and potatoes though.

Hate to play the broken record.  But next year will be the one!!   :D At least the most telling, cause the core is in place, houston maybe tagged, and  berry being the only ?  A bunch of picks and better cap situation.

At least for me it "should" give  a more solid feel on where this FO/team is headed.

Hate to play the broken record.  But next year will be the one!!   :D At least the most telling, cause the core is in place, houston maybe tagged, and  berry being the only ?  A bunch of picks and better cap situation.

At least for me it "should" give  a more solid feel on where this FO/team is headed.

Looking more and more to me like 2016 -- maybe.  Fisher, Ford and Gaines have to improve by then.  I don't mid waiting as long as I see progression.  We'll see what this season holds.

It should be noted that Berry is under contract next year too, with a smaller cap hit.  I'd still rather see them rework the deal sooner than later.

Yes I made him a ? cause of the possibility of a deal rework/extension.

But, they could just tag houston next season, and berry the next or, he could be prime candidate for a possible trade in 2015??   :o

Would that send you over the edge?   :D

But, they could just tag houston next season, and berry the next or, he could be prime candidate for a possible trade in 2015??   :o

Would that send you over the edge?   :D

Yes.  I think its obvious I'm a big Eric Berry fan

But, they could just tag houston next season, and berry the next or, he could be prime candidate for a possible trade in 2015?? :o

Would that send you over the edge? :D

Trades in the nfl are rare and even more rare for stars.

Archived