Folks on Twitter are claiming New England and the Raiders might make a move for him. But if we did get him, who would he replace? And do we have the cap space to afford him right now?

Ragland can sit. Bowman is a stud. Couple injures but him and DJ next to each other ...

Chiefs defense went from good to greet with midsession trade for Wayne Simmons in 1997. So theee type moves can work, but most of the time there's a declining talent reason for a player like this to be released. Just how desperate are we at ILB?

Although Ragland has no tackles and just one assist, he has only gotten 31 snaps. He may be just getting comfortable, but definitely has to pick it up if he wants to start in this league.

KPL has 43 snaps with 4 solo tackles.

Eligwe has not gotten a snap which is really surprising.

Wilson has 60 snaps with 4 solo tackles. I thought he would better much better this year after he killed it in preseason.

After looking at thes numbers, I might see if Bowman would sign a one year deal for a shot at a ring.

If the coaches aren't comfortable with Wilson or Ragland I think it's a no brainer. Bowman probably wants a ring so Chiefs could get some discount in the process. I don't think the front office would bring him in as a backup though, so it's all a matter of where they rank the youngsters. 

I will say this after reading preseason story about him that he has some legit reasons why he started slowly there. They switched to a 4-3 and he's coming off Achilles injury. This gives me more optimism anyway he still has some gas left in the tank and could potentially help. That said if we are keeping Ramik and this is just another roller coaster season for him, then we are out. If we aren't sold on Ramik, anything is possible.

I will say this after reading preseason story about him that he has some legit reasons why he started slowly there. They switched to a 4-3 and he's coming off Achilles injury. This gives me more optimism anyway he still has some gas left in the tank and could potentially help. That said if we are keeping Ramik and this is just another roller coaster season for him, then we are out. If we aren't sold on Ramik, anything is possible.

I agree, he has some gas left in the tank. He's played his entire career in a 3-4, so the transition to a 4-3 and required to cover more on D is a bit difficult. If we can get him, he'd be right at home because DJ is better in coverage. As far as Ramik, I haven't been too impressed so far this season. His angles, filling the gaps, play recognition aren't cutting it. 

Interesting that THIS article puts us as one of the five teams he should consider. How does everyone think Ragland has done? He's described as "outstanding" by that writer but some fans just feel like he's been good but not great. He's still young though so would we be hampering his development by bringing in Bowman? 

Interesting that THIS article puts us as one of the five teams he should consider. How does everyone think Ragland has done? He's described as "outstanding" by that writer but some fans just feel like he's been good but not great. He's still young though so would we be hampering his development by bringing in Bowman? 

You bring talent in when you can. DEpth is not a bad thing!

pass.

he got cut by an awful 49ers team.

we have a draft pick invested in Ragland who was a 1st round pick.

Gotta see what we have there.

Did he get cut for his play? Because what I have heard is that they were reducing his number of snaps because they wanted the new guys to get some experience. I mean, why not when you don't have a playoff team? He did not like that so I think he was going to sit out or something. It's possible that he is clearly better than the other guys but there's no benefit this year. He is obviously not in the Niners plans going forward, good or bad.

Did he get cut for his play? Because what I have heard is that they were reducing his number of snaps because they wanted the new guys to get some experience. I mean, why not when you don't have a playoff team? He did not like that so I think he was going to sit out or something. It's possible that he is clearly better than the other guys but there's no benefit this year. He is obviously not in the Niners plans going forward, good or bad.

SF was going to trade him to the Saints for a SEVENTH ROUND PICK, Bowman said no and wanted to be a FA to pick his team

If the guy still has skills then how do you trade him for that type of compensation unless every other team already knew he would be released and could

be signed without giving anything up

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21029031/san-francisco-49ers-had-agreement-trade-navorro-bowman-new-orleans-saints

SF was going to trade him to the Saints for a SEVENTH ROUND PICK, Bowman said no and wanted to be a FA to pick his team

If the guy still has skills then how do you trade him for that type of compensation unless every other team already knew he would be released and could

be signed without giving anything up

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21029031/san-francisco-49ers-had-agreement-trade-navorro-bowman-new-orleans-saints

We are one injury away from linebacker problems and DJ is injury prone. I say sign him if its reasonable.

Archived