Raiders week

Man there is no team I would rather beat and I mean beat down than the Oakland Raiders.  I have been a Chiefs fan since 1965 and I always hated the Raiders.  If Darryl Lamonica was on fire I wouldn't walk over and piss on him to put the fire out.    If we don't beat the raiders it will ruin next weekend.,  If you are a true Chiefs fan you have to hold a special animosity in your heart for the Raiders......as they have no heart.

It is good against evil.  And we are still the good guys.

Man there is no team I would rather beat and I mean beat down than the Oakland Raiders. I have been a Chiefs fan since 1965 and I always hated the Raiders. If Darryl Lamonica was on fire I wouldn't walk over and piss on him to put the fire out. If we don't beat the raiders it will ruin next weekend., If you are a true Chiefs fan you have to hold a special animosity in your heart for the Raiders......as they have no heart.

It is good against evil. And we are still the good guys.

Let's crush the Faiders!

Raiders did not look that impressive on D at all. We should be able to do a better job running the ball against them. Then again...the Chiefs find ways to shoot themselves at times. Last time we went to Oakland on a Thursday night we got beat by a rookie QB (Derek Carr). Only time Reid has lost to Oakland since coming to KC. Will history repeat itself or will the Chiefs get their mojo back against a reeling Oakland team?

AIex missed Robinson wide open twice. My point; if the backup receivers are getting open and not getting the ball, it's not their fault.

No doubt. I've said my piece about Alex over the years.

I was just pointing out that is still a tough blow.

Looks like hill will play.

Man there is no team I would rather beat and I mean beat down than the Oakland Raiders.  I have been a Chiefs fan since 1965 and I always hated the Raiders.  If Darryl Lamonica was on fire I wouldn't walk over and piss on him to put the fire out.    If we don't beat the raiders it will ruin next weekend.,  If you are a true Chiefs fan you have to hold a special animosity in your heart for the Raiders......as they have no heart.

It is good against evil.  And we are still the good guys.

Free agency really killed the Chiefs/Raiders rivalry, well most rivalries.  It was a lot more fun when the hate was there.  Now we see them slapping each other's asses between plays.  This game has completely lost it's fire since Marty left. At this point, they are no different than playing the Chargers or some nfc east team.  Just another team on the schedule.

Free agency really killed the Chiefs/Raiders rivalry, well most rivalries.  It was a lot more fun when the hate was there.  Now we see them slapping each other's asses between plays.  This game has completely lost it's fire since Marty left. At this point, they are no different than playing the Chargers or some nfc east team.  Just another team on the schedule.

So True

Well I am ready for Raider week, this is a special week to poke the pirates in the other eye and kick the stick off their wood peg leg. Being a big fan of Marty I think this is a great rivalry and there is no greater joy in my life then to beat the Raiders. If they can't get up for Raider week.... that would upset me. Even with the Chiefs dominance they have been good battles.

We have to respect that the Raiders have the ability to score on offense. The Chiefs defense has been giving up a ton of yards every game and that is a huge problem. Sutton has been playing soft and I think we should be blitzing more, bring the pressure from the middle. Their defense is going to be try to battle it out but I think Andy can scheme wins against the Raiders coaching staff. Even if we are short starting players on offense. The OL has been below average & we have to bring the running game. This team has to be able to run between the tackles and get 1st downs and Hunt needs to get going early.

The Chiefs defense needs to stop the run and push that pocket into Carr. Hudson is solid but Poe owned him every single game so Logan needs to man handle him. Sutton has been playing soft and on the wrong side of the ball. He is a black belt at bringing pressure and have not seen many blitzes. They are reading and then reacting which is allowing for to many yards. Red Zone has been decent but we can't give up field position every drive. Shut Carr down and that will shut down the entire team. Can't allow Lynch to get anything going and shut him down from the start of the game. 

Thursday night games are so stupid.

Just a recipe for injuries and poor overall play because it's hard to install a game plan or get needed healing time on 4 days rest. This game also represents the biggest disadvantage to the road team in all of sports. It also helps contribute to declining TV ratings. 

Raiders season is on the line as almost no team comes back from 2-5 to get into the playoffs other than the Chiefs. We are going to have our hands full. 

I have a major fear that the Raiders are going to be "on" because their season is on the line, and that the Chiefs are going to be flat after yesterday's abysmal effort.  I really hope I'm wrong, but this game on short rest couldn't have come at a worse time.  The Pitt loss would be a lesser factor if they weren't an afc team.  It's going to matter big time come playoff seeding.  Yesterday's loss could be the difference between a 1 and a 3 seed with tie breakers.  I'm just really concerned that the deflation from that loss might carry over on such a short turn around, and who knows if we'll even have Hill available?

Huge game for the division.  We can effectively bury them, go 3 games up and hold tiebreak.   If things break right, and Chargers beat Denver this week, we can effectively bury Denver the following week, and we'll hold the tiebreaker over all 3 teams with a 3 game lead on each.      

Like Others have said, Raiders will be in desperation mode, and I expect them to be very physical, much like Pitts, and try to intimidate us physically.   Will be a major test to stand up to it.  

Hill will play almost certain. Not sure what to make of this game. Andy owns the Raiders but they are a desperate team in need of a win. They have talent. I have a fear Lynch has his coming out party on Thursday. Last time we went to Oakland on a short week their RB ran all over us. Hope Andy has them ready.

We win this one, 31 to 17. I think Carr is not healthy and we are going to get healthy enough to win easily. I do think the long week after this until our next game we will see even more returning players like Hali, Morse, maybe LDT, Ehringer and possibly Nelson. Going forward this will help a lot because our schedule gets easier (as it looks now) and we went 5-1 through our toughest part so far with all these injuries. If you would have said this to me at the beginning of the year I would have laughed you off and I predicted an 11-5 or 12-4 type season too.

Archived