Man, I watched the D Harris catch in the end zone. It looked like he had possession, stepped both feet down and then got the ball ripped out.

Thought that could have been ruled a td

I know people are pissed about going for it but I love it. Always hoped Andy would be more aggressive in play-calling so im fine with the call

I was screaming take the 3 and then was screaming that's a TD!!

They should've taken the 3 points and if I was Reid I would've challenged the play.

It is more aggressive, but being down 9 the right call was taking the 3.

Being down 13 or more then I completely understand going for the TD there.

9 points and plenty of time, you gotta take the 3.

I was actually fine with going for it. I have always hated the conservative play of Andy so this was a change.

My big issue was the play call. Spread the field out but get K Hunt out there. Your best player is off the field on a critical play. uggghh

Id think taking the field goal was prob the right call but still glad andy went for it. it's nice of him to grow a set.  Plus we were getting manhandled on both sides of the ball so why not let the offense step up and try to do something. Chiefs O couldn't step up 

Shoulda coulda woulda..   It was fine.  Why not give it to the guys and say get this shit??

Hindsight yep the 3. 

But at that point in the game.  there was nothing they had done offensively and that would have been a huge boost if they made it.  Kind of a panic move?  Maybe but,  bout all they can do is learn from this and move on.  Maybe there won't be such panic if this comes around again??

Steelers are a matchup nightmare for the chiefs.  They are just that Smash mouth smack you around team.  That the chiefs are not.  But even though shit did not go thier way they did play them tight..  2 plays the other way they walk out with a win.

If things keep trending the way they are they will meet again.

You've got to kick FG and cut it to one possession game at that point. That was pure ego from Big Red in my opinion. Bill Billichek gave away the AFC Championship in Denver two years ago with the same type of decisions. He even did it twice.

Reid said he went with his gut in going for the TD, someone needs to talk sense into him if that is the case.

The Harris play was not a TD, the stupid Megatron/Dez Bryant rule would have made it an incomplete pass since he did not possess it all the way to the ground (not just two feet but falling to the ground).  It might be one of the dumbest rules in football but at least we didn't lose a playoff game because of it like the cowboys did.

Reid said he went with his gut in going for the TD, someone needs to talk sense into him if that is the case.

The Harris play was not a TD, the stupid Megatron/Dez Bryant rule would have made it an incomplete pass since he did not possess it all the way to the ground (not just two feet but falling to the ground).  It might be one of the dumbest rules in football but at least we didn't lose a playoff game because of it like the cowboys did.

The difference is Harris did not go to the ground. He had control with both feet down in the end zone, then the defender stripped the ball after the fact.

Which is very disappointing cuz we shouldn’t fuckin lose at Arrowhead no matter the circumstances.

Once we get LDT and Morse back along with Albert Wison, this offense should be back on track. Conley is greatly missed. Smith gonna have to throw to Robinson to establish that chemistry asap

Which is very disappointing cuz we shouldn’t fuckin lose at Arrowhead no matter the circumstances.

Once we get LDT and Morse back along with Albert Wison, this offense should be back on track. Conley is greatly missed. Smith gonna have to throw to Robinson to establish that chemistry asap

I don't see how Conley's 2 catches per game are that big of a loss. But no doubt he will have to develop some rapport with Robinson and even Kemp now. That type of trust/timing does take some time. Also Alex really struggled in handling the wind yesterday. His passes were sailing on him. Oline was a disaster but there's real hope there with Morse and LDT likely to return soon.

I agree with going for it, and with the point spread at the time, I understand his line of thinking.  I also really liked that he committed to going for it on 4th down prior to the 3rd down play.  What I didn't like was the play call on 4th down .  I realize we were struggling to run, but IMO if you line up on 3rd down from the 2 yard line and don't get it, you run it again.  I felt like passing on 4th down was playing to the strength of the Steelers and let the line off the hook.  

I don't see how Conley's 2 catches per game are that big of a loss. But no doubt he will have to develop some rapport with Robinson and even Kemp now. That type of trust/timing does take some time. Also Alex really struggled in handling the wind yesterday. His passes were sailing on him. Oline was a disaster but there's real hope there with Morse and LDT likely to return soon.

The Chiefs offense relies on the run and quick screens. Conley was a terrific blocker to free Kelce and Hill and whoever else got the ball on a sweep or shovel pass.

Conley is a very good run blocker, and that's where his absence will be the most notable. 

The Chiefs offense relies on the run and quick screens. Conley was a terrific blocker to free Kelce and Hill and whoever else got the ball on a sweep or shovel pass.

Its a good point about his run blocking. When healthy we are generally one of the better teams in the league at getting to second level and springing bigger plays. 

Reid is in charge of the offense. Zero first downs the first half is unacceptable. Him being an elite HOF coach, he needs to take full responsibility. Sutton too. There was no answer to Bell. The personnel is who we got

The offense got blown up by a swarming Pittsburgh defense. Obviously missing starters hurts, but nothing worked in that first half against that D. Regardless of how the offense performed however, the entire team looked flat and clearly overmatched. Reid had to of known this was coming after the way they got pummeled by the Jags. Hopefully it’s just a bad game and not the beginning of a trend.

It's interesting that we're all blaming our defence when in reality they only conceded 17 points (we gave them two points via a silly error). If Fulton doesn't toss that ball above Smith's head, and you add on the three points we could have gotten from taking a FG, then all of a sudden we're one point behind with the ball in our hands in that last drive. That's how fine the margins can be in this game and it's often the little mistakes that can make all the difference. 

It's interesting that we're all blaming our defence when in reality they only conceded 17 points (we gave them two points via a silly error). If Fulton doesn't toss that ball above Smith's head, and you add on the three points we could have gotten from taking a FG, then all of a sudden we're one point behind with the ball in our hands in that last drive. That's how fine the margins can be in this game and it's often the little mistakes that can make all the difference.

The little things that give it away:

It was absurd to go for it.  Absolutely absurd.  As a Head Coach, you have to play situation and logic.   Gut feelings are fine when appropriate, but not in this instance.   The game situation was go for the FG, period.  I love Andy, but that was a huge mistake.  

I understand why he didn't challenge.  I think he would have lost the challenge.  But a challenge at that point would have been a hail mary, so why not?   I can't kill him for not challenging, but he should be killed for the decision in the first place.  

The offense got blown up by a swarming Pittsburgh defense. Obviously missing starters hurts, but nothing worked in that first half against that D. Regardless of how the offense performed however, the entire team looked flat and clearly overmatched. Reid had to of known this was coming after the way they got pummeled by the Jags. Hopefully it’s just a bad game and not the beginning of a trend.

Should have run that 3te set more. Should have took it to them instead of the other way around.

It was absurd to go for it.  Absolutely absurd.  As a Head Coach, you have to play situation and logic.   Gut feelings are fine when appropriate, but not in this instance.   The game situation was go for the FG, period.  I love Andy, but that was a huge mistake.  

I understand why he didn't challenge.  I think he would have lost the challenge.  But a challenge at that point would have been a hail mary, so why not?   I can't kill him for not challenging, but he should be killed for the decision in the first place.  

This, automatically kick the field goal when down 9.  Probably should have gone for the TD on 3rd down.

Archived