Who should we trade/cut at the end of the season?

Let's keep this thread for the entire season and see how it looks like when the final curtain is drawn :D

1. Gaines

Not just because of yesterday. I just don't think he's good enough for where we want to be tbh.

2. Smith

There's a 2nd round pick waiting for us here. He's been great this season and hopefully, he will lead us to the super bowl. But I just don't see the logic in wasting several million dollars on an old QB when Mahomes is waiting there.

3. Conley

God bless him, he's a great guy by all accounts and has played a big role in Reid's offensive schemes. But it's hard to sit here and say he deserves to stay when he's only had ONE td since he arrived. We need to aim for better than this

I'll name those three first and let others chime in before I add more names.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaines is not a starting CB in this league and they have to address that position because Gaines or Mitchell are not the guy. If Smith brings home a SB then we all will have a different opinion of him but he has to bring home the hardware. If not then it is my homie Mahomes. Conley is a nice guy but he is not a game changer, time to move on to a different look at that position.

Gaines is not a starting CB in this league and they have to address that position because Gaines or Mitchell are not the guy. If Smith brings home a SB then we all will have a different opinion of him but he has to bring home the hardware. If not then it is my homie Mahomes. Conley is a nice guy but he is not a game changer, time to move on to a different look at that position.

Mitchell is going to get paid. He's playing like I knew he would once he got some time.

Conley is a big physical WR on a rookie contract and we definitely missed him. I don't see any scenario where Conley isn't on the TC roster assuming he recovers. 

I would cut Hali due to cap reasons and trade Smith for the same reason as well. I had high hopes on Gaines as a rookie but looks like he regresses with every injury, don't even know if he'll be on the roster at the end of the season as he could be cut a lot sooner and we probably wouldn't miss him.

I don't know if we can trade Ford but if we can I would love to send him for a mid round pick. He's a 4-3 DE that's just not working out in 3-4. His lack of coverage basically removes Houston out of the equation, we need a true 3-4 OLB. If he has no trade value I would be inclined to keep him over Hali as a backup.

Sorensen would be a nice trading chip if he has any value. Commentators love him so may be a GM jumps on board.

We'll be losing some names to free agency. I don't know the entire list but definitely wouldn't keep Bray, DAT, Fulton on the roster.

Mitchell is going to get paid. He's playing like I knew he would once he got some time.

I personally want to see a taller CB opposite Peters tbh. Teams going long against us of late have created problems. Get a tall, quality Cb then that makes life much harder for the opposition imo. Otherwise, teams will just continue to target Mitch and try to go long.

1. Smith, goes without saying.  Contract, $$ and the heir apparent in house

2. Hali.  Guy has been a non factor for years.  Cut

3. Peters.  Trade.  We can get a hefty return for the guy, and his temper/antics have me concerned going forward.  Get the value while it's highest and reload.  

4. DJ- cut/retire.  He's lost a step and he's just not a dominating force in their, misses too many tackles, doesn't wrap up.  We need to get younger on the inside anyway.

5.  I'm on the fence on this one.  Berry.  Good player, but can't seem to stay on the field.  I don't know the financial considerations of cut or keep, so I can't say if it would be good or bad business to let him loose.  Whether he stays or goes, I'm looking for a safety in the first few rounds of the draft. 

Offseason needs moving forward: RB, ILB, CB, S

1. Smith, goes without saying. Contract, $$ and the heir apparent in house

2. Hali. Guy has been a non factor for years. Cut

3. Peters. Trade. We can get a hefty return for the guy, and his temper/antics have me concerned going forward. Get the value while it's highest and reload.

4. DJ- cut/retire. He's lost a step and he's just not a dominating force in their, misses too many tackles, doesn't wrap up. We need to get younger on the inside anyway.

5. I'm on the fence on this one. Berry. Good player, but can't seem to stay on the field. I don't know the financial considerations of cut or keep, so I can't say if it would be good or bad business to let him loose. Whether he stays or goes, I'm looking for a safety in the first few rounds of the draft.

Rb?

We need depth at RB.  Ware is coming off of a season ending injury, and every time West touches the ball I'm cringing waiting for him to put the ball on the turf. I'm not suggesting a high pick or big money, but I think we can do better than West for a backup. 

1. Smith, goes without saying.  Contract, $$ and the heir apparent in house

2. Hali.  Guy has been a non factor for years.  Cut

3. Peters.  Trade.  We can get a hefty return for the guy, and his temper/antics have me concerned going forward.  Get the value while it's highest and reload.  

4. DJ- cut/retire.  He's lost a step and he's just not a dominating force in their, misses too many tackles, doesn't wrap up.  We need to get younger on the inside anyway.

5.  I'm on the fence on this one.  Berry.  Good player, but can't seem to stay on the field.  I don't know the financial considerations of cut or keep, so I can't say if it would be good or bad business to let him loose.  Whether he stays or goes, I'm looking for a safety in the first few rounds of the draft. 

RB? voyager is that you?

Ford- Im fine with letting Ford go.  He just tries to get by with his speed alone - one trick pony.  Once you stop the speed rush, he's worthless.

Hali - Unfortunately Hali, hopefully he'll retire a chief

Gaines - no brainer 

Sutton - Absolutely. every year I complain about him

Ware - saves us some money and we can get another backup rb in draft or free agency. never thought he was anything special.

Sorenson - saves money

E Berry - he's been injured nonstop and not sure if he's worth the money anymore.  Love the guy but it's a business

A Smith - Id like to keep him if he takes paycut. great teacher for mahomes

Berry has $24,900,000 in dead money if we cut him, he is traded or he plays.

Cutting DJ frees up $8,000,000 in cap space so I think he will be gone.  

Cutting Hali would free up $7,000,000 in cap space, he won't be around next year. 

Alex frees up $17,000,000 in space and he still has a lot of good years left.  I am not sure what happens here.

Guys on the "lockedinChiefs" podcast suggested that DEE FORD may need to go!!..any thoughts guys? He can't seem to handle the run and though he may get the odd sack here and there is he worth a big contract right now?

Dee is a pure pass rusher. His run stopping abilities aren’t good enough since he refused to bulk up the past off seasons.

So I say trade him and develop KPass

Tough call to make. Robinson is very good along with Hill starting, but Conley is one hell of a blocker as well.

Perhaps Hill will move to the slot next year and start Robinson and Conley at 1 and 2

Why not just get another WR who can both block and score TD's? We stifle our offence when we only have a limited amount of WR's who can score imo. 

Why not just get another WR who can both block and score TD's? We stifle our offence when we only have a limited amount of WR's who can score imo.

You think its that easy? And it’s not like Conley doesn’t catch passes man, blame the lack of targets in the redzone to him on Smith and Reid

You think its that easy? And it’s not like Conley doesn’t catch passes man, blame the lack of targets in the redzone to him on Smith and Reid

Yes, I know it's not easy. But if Jones or Brown were playing alongside Kelce, Hill, Hunt etc, don't you think they'd score TD's? Sometimes it's a matter of intelligence with the route running and stuff. The best Wr's force their QB to find them in the N-Zone. Or they get separation, beat a few guys and make something happen themselves. Chris doesn't do this I'm afraid and this is what we need to really take our offence to the next level imo.

Yes, I know it's not easy. But if Jones or Brown were playing alongside Kelce, Hill, Hunt etc, don't you think they'd score TD's? Sometimes it's a matter of intelligence with the route running and stuff. The best Wr's force their QB to find them in the N-Zone. Or they get separation, beat a few guys and make something happen themselves. Chris doesn't do this I'm afraid and this is what we need to really take our offence to the next level imo.

You’re right, we don’t see the fire and crave for greatness in him. He looks like a man out there who is following Reid’s system and not looking to achieve more personally. However, the talent is there.

Berry has $24,900,000 in dead money if we cut him, he is traded or he plays.

Cutting DJ frees up $8,000,000 in cap space so I think he will be gone.  

Cutting Hali would free up $7,000,000 in cap space, he won't be around next year. 

Alex frees up $17,000,000 in space and he still has a lot of good years left.  I am not sure what happens here.

I would keep Berry and send the DJ and Hali packing. Alex is still up in the air, he has to win big for him to stay and if not it's my homie Mahomes taking snaps next season. With all that additional cap room we could get some nice FA to send us over the top. Mahomes will have some growing pains.

Archived