IF we get Pitts in the play-offs again!!!

What would you do differently if you were Reid? I've seen people say Zombo should play instead of Dee Ford, I've seen people say we need to be more physical and run the ball more. I've seen people say we need to get back to basics and not try to be so "tricky". So what would yall do?

And you know what guys? It might sound weird, but I'd actually prefer to play them on their field next time. I just think the pressure would be all on them and we play better away from home these days. 

What would you do differently if you were Reid? I've seen people say Zombo should play instead of Dee Ford, I've seen people say we need to be more physical and run the ball more. I've seen people say we need to get back to basics and not try to be so "tricky". So what would yall do?

And you know what guys? It might sound weird, but I'd actually prefer to play them on their field next time. I just think the pressure would be all on them and we play better away from home these days.

I might agree with you on Homefield but there are two problems with that:

One, I don't want to lose enough to lose that home-field advantage. While postseason is more important than regular season, losing in the regular season does not ensure a postseason win.

Second, we would want Home-field advantage against anyone else (ahem, Patriots).

we'll lose.. you hear sSutton's interview?..he aint changing squat.he has his plan they do what they do..not very encouraging and teams now have a blue print to make the Chiefs look like children...except other teams dont have Bell or Big Ben or Antonio Brown. they tried to downplay the loss and act as if the two loses last year were unimportant..the only word I can think of to describe the reaction was arrogance .

It used to be the Colts I didn't want to see in the Playoffs..now its the Steelers

I think offensively, we just played a poor game. Maybe it was having our 2nd and 3rd receivers out for the 1st game. Kelce was a also a non-factor which makes me believe he's not fully over the concussion. Lastly, we had three starters out in the middle of our offensive line. I hope having them all back in the playoffs will make a big difference. 

Defensively, I think we missed Berry more this game than any to date. Sorensen had a bad game and he needed to be on point. Our defensive front reminded me of last year's unit and I thought I would never say that. I think Sutton needs to call more run blitzes. We need to free someone up that Pittsburgh doesn't account for. Their offensive line played lights out. Hopefully, they won't be so great if we meet again.

Lastly, I think we have a mental block with this team. We play hard and tough but they seem to bully us around and we act like we can't stop them. Someone needs to get pissed and say that they are tired of this crap and take them to the woodshed for a change. I didn't see fire yesterday. If you don't match their physicality, you are going to get manhandled. 

Having said all that, the Chiefs didn't give up. The fact that we only lost by six is utterly amazing (and on a fluke play no less). We could have lost by 20 or more. These guys are a resilient bunch. 

MAKE SUTTON RUSH THE PASSER.  Big Bens passing is awful under pressure. Crazy to not pressure him. So you give up an occasional big play. At least they are not dominating time of possession. Oh and there is the interception reality with Ben under pressure. SUTTON is a fool to have Houston in coverage against Pitts.

The teams that would worry me most in the postseason would be Tennessee, Jax and Pitt. They pretty much would all try to just run us into the ground and have the talent to do it. So we've got to at least become okay vs run as this season develops. Why wouldn't Oakland line up and give Lynch 25 carries this week worn play action by Carr. Adjustment time.

The teams that would worry me most in the postseason would be Tennessee, Jax and Pitt. They pretty much would all try to just run us into the ground and have the talent to do it. So we've got to at least become okay vs run as this season develops. Why wouldn't Oakland line up and give Lynch 25 carries this week worn play action by Carr. Adjustment time.

Because Lynch is not that good anymore. I think if teams do this we need to go to a 4 man defensive front. The 3 we habe there now are not getting it done on a consistent basis. I like our D line but you ask way to much from the front 3 if the lbs can't do their job.

Sutton is Haley's and Reid is Tomlin's bitch. Unless those two man up there's really not much that can be done for win.

It doesn't take rocket science to adjust though, does it? Reid is described as a "tactical wizard", so he's gonna have to earn his corn come playoff time. Sutton too. It would be utterly absurd if they try and go at Pitts in the same manner next time.

It doesn't take rocket science to adjust though, does it? Reid is described as a "tactical wizard", so he's gonna have to earn his corn come playoff time. Sutton too. It would be utterly absurd if they try and go at Pitts in the same manner next time.

Which is what we said this time.

Exactly this^^^^^

Geez, Pitt kept trotting 3 wr sets on the field, and dumb-dumb Sutton kept going into Nickel defense, with 2 dlinemen. And of course, Pitt would just hand the ball off to Bell..over and over and over again. Once old man Sutton went to a 3 dlinemen set, Ben would audible and throw the ball down field to Wide open WR's sitting in the zone defense. 

We got out coached but, it definitely wasn't rocket science. Whenever we did go into our base defense with 3 dlinemen to stop the run, Pitt would just throw the ball and beat the zone defense. When we tried to go man to man using our base defense, that somehow would put defenders like J. Houston man to man with the TE. 

Plain and simple, Haley out smarted Sutton/Reid. 

Furthermore...How many times was A. Brown across the field from Marcus Peters??? Not many. Brown would either be in the slot, or across from Mitchell. Never across from Peters. If the chiefs will not move their "so-called" best DB, then why in the SAM HELL would I put my best WR in his face??? That's just common sense. 

Sutton ALWAYS goes into a Nickel Set when the offense brings out 3 Wr sets. If I were playing the Chiefs, that's all the defense would ever see.

The stats tell the story..KC's Nickel defense is VERY Weak against the run.

Sutton is Haley's and Reid is Tomlin's bitch. Unless those two man up there's really not much that can be done for win.

Suttons defense didn't give up even one TD in the playoff game to Haley's offense. ZERO. And Sunday they had a 19 point offensive explosion. When you can run the ball at will, it doesn't take much from the OC. And Sutton's defenses continue to be elite in the red zone where it matters most. Our game plan vs Pitt if we play them again has to be to score 20 points. 

We don't have the linebackers to shut down the Pitt running game.  Only way we have a chance of beating them is by playing ball control, and grinding out Kareem Hunt on the ground.  We have to control the clock and chew up yardage, and hope that long periods of time on the sidelines will keep Bell from getting into rhythm.  

We don't have the linebackers to shut down the Pitt running game.  Only way we have a chance of beating them is by playing ball control, and grinding out Kareem Hunt on the ground.  We have to control the clock and chew up yardage, and hope that long periods of time on the sidelines will keep Bell from getting into rhythm.  

I agree completely. Run the ball down their throats like Jax did. We just have to recognize are not very good vs the run and plan accordingly. Problem is with the injuries we didn't have personnel to get that done either on Sunday. Hopefully if we meet again, it will be a much different oline. 

Suttons defense didn't give up even one TD in the playoff game to Haley's offense. ZERO. And Sunday they had a 19 point offensive explosion. When you can run the ball at will, it doesn't take much from the OC. And Sutton's defenses continue to be elite in the red zone where it matters most. Our game plan vs Pitt if we play them again has to be to score 20 points.

This

I see a lot of folks focused on stopping Bell, but what about offensively yall? We've not put up twenty points in these guys in the last three games. So what would you do to change that?

Agreed Haley has never beat us. We just can't block Pit. I don't know if it's mental or what.

We need NE to beat Pit for us in the playoffs and then we spank NE.

Agreed Haley has never beat us. We just can't block Pit. I don't know if it's mental or what.

We need NE to beat Pit for us in the playoffs and then we spank NE.

Go get that first seed and therefore we would be guaranteed to not play New England first which would heighten the chance of the Patriots playing the Steelers first. If the Steelers beat the Patriots, I will take that as a favor and face them again and I think we win. I don't care, I do.

Score-wise I agree defense knows how to limit the Steelers and shown in the last two games, it's the offense that's too terrible to win a football game. However Sutton isn't as soft against any other team including the Pats and focuses more on prolonging the TD instead of reclaiming the possession like he normally does. Sunday looked like Chiefs were on the field simply to avoid a blow out rather than to win the game.

Archived