IF we get Pitts in the play-offs again!!!

Rewatching the game, the first thing that stood out to me was the large amount of depth guys we have in starting roles. The second thing was, Wether it was a product of those depth guys knowledge of the scheme and how comfortable Andy is with them, or whether Andy knows we will see Pitt again, it felt like Andy was holding back.. let's hope so.

Sure we need to score as many points as possible. But I hate the idea if we can't get to 20 we can't win a game. Some times you have to win ugly. What if Pittsburgh's plan is to make it an ugly game? Guess we are screwed. Good teams find many ways to win...not just outscoring teams like we did in Houston. That model won't hold up anyway.

Sure we need to score as many points as possible. But I hate the idea if we can't get to 20 we can't win a game. Some times you have to win ugly. What if Pittsburgh's plan is to make it an ugly game? Guess we are screwed. Good teams find many ways to win...not just outscoring teams like we did in Houston. That model won't hold up anyway.

The Steelers have lost 7 games over the past two seasons (15-7). Not onc single team that beat them scored less than 21 points. NONE! In fact the average winning score vs Pitt was 28.5.

Now we cannot let them dictate possession time like they have. We must flip that around on them if we did play them again. And we almost certainly will need to score at least 20 to win. In any case if we do play Pitt again it means we are in the playoffs. I'll roll with that and take my chances with hopefully a healthier Chiefs team. Or at least more balanced injuries on both sides.

The Steelers have lost 7 games over the past two seasons (15-7). Not onc single team that beat them scored less than 21 points. NONE! In fact the average winning score vs Pitt was 28.5.

Now we cannot let them dictate possession time like they have. We must flip that around on them if we did play them again. And we almost certainly will need to score at least 20 to win. In any case if we do play Pitt again it means we are in the playoffs. I'll roll with that and take my chances with hopefully a healthier Chiefs team. Or at least more balanced injuries on both sides.

Dude...you totally forgot to mention the Steelers offensive output in those losses. Aside from the Dallas game the Steelers averaged 13 points a game in all their other losses the past two years. Without going back and watching each one its hard to know the reasons. But the jist of it is that although teams scored a lot in their wins over the Steelers...they didn't have to hit some mystical number to do so. Obviously if you score a lot you increase odds of winning. All I said is sometimes you win ugly low scoring games if you are any good. The Vermeil teams could put up 30 without batting an eye. Great offense...but not a great team. I want to believe this team is capable of scoring big but still winning games when the offense just isn't there. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I'm with the blame the offense crew. We should win every game in which we hold the opponent to 20 points or less

While I do think that we need to get Pittsburgh's offense off the field, our offense need to do a better job staying on the field and if not, scoring quickly. If your defense is going to get tired, score some points in the meantime.

Archived