Cam Erving

When we got him, Veach specifically said Cleve misused him as a Guard.  He's not a Guard, he's a T, and backup C.   Guard is his worst position.   https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/9/4/16248842/chiefs-have-an-interesting-explanation-for-their-trade-for-cam-erving

I was fine with the trade, as he has some ability, and it would be nice to have a decent swing OT. 

So what have we been doing the last 2 weeks?   Starting him at G.  And he's been getting trucked.  Veach is right, he's not an OG. Time to bench him.  I'd rather play Devey.  Or ideally, maybe Ehringer is ready, since they've been dressing him?  But Cam is a horror show at OG.  

When we got him, Veach specifically said Cleve misused him as a Guard. He's not a Guard, he's a T, and backup C. Guard is his worst position. https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/9/4/16248842/chiefs-have-an-interesting-explanation-for-their-trade-for-cam-erving

I was fine with the trade, as he has some ability, and it would be nice to have a decent swing OT.

So what have we been doing the last 2 weeks? Starting him at G. And he's been getting trucked. Veach is right, he's not an OG. Time to bench him. I'd rather play Devey. Or ideally, maybe Ehringer is ready, since they've been dressing him? But Cam is a horror show at OG.

Erving is a complete reclamation project and it stunned me when he got the start over Devey. We need Ehringer and LDT back and healthy ASAP.

I never understood releasing Reid, he sure was a terrible OT but a decent OG when given the chance. Considering our track of injuries at the position we have to start every season with 3 solid OGs on the roster. 

I guess they thought Erving was a decent swing tackle and backup OC (since Fulton will be leaving soon) but still tried to use him at OG similar to what the Browns did.

I have seen a little promise from Erving. They all played bad against Pit. Devey, Erving Witzman... all the same thing. Which one starts is irrelevant. Erving has promise as a swing tackle. Reid was basically Erving without the potential IMO. But... Basically Reid is right in there with them as a G.

Archived