Parker Ehinger?

Saw the guys on the arrowhead-pride podcast basically suggest that the coaches don't trust him and will only use him if we're down to the bare minimum. And their reasoning was because he's been training for the last few weeks and still hasn't got any snaps. What do yall think about this? How do you rate him and do you see him getting any snaps anytime soon?

I must say I was surprised about those notions expressed as I've seen many Chiefs fans say he's very talented and couldn't wait to see him come back. I personally thought that him not playing was merely a fitness thing after his injury troubles. But if it is true that the coaches don't trust him then I can't see him being around next year at all.

So it's not a matter of him lacking the talent to play like they suggested?

idk, i mean the guy was a starter last year and Erving has been bad so far.  based on what I've read the Chiefs are going to take it slow with bringing all their injured players back.

I never thought he was great. Better than Witzman, but still a below average lineman IMO. Getting LDT back is more important to me. Morse would be next.

he was also just a rookie, remember LDT and Morse didn't come out and set the world on fire.  

I fail to believe he is worse than Witzman and Erving

his injury isn't quite a year old i believe or we are right at the 1 year mark. I think they're just taking it slow with not only him, but with all of these injuries.

I think this is probably right.

He was the starting guard thru training camp and pre seaon last year and the only reason he didn't start every game before his acl injury was because he had a concussion that put him out of action for 2 games.

He was a tackle in college if i remember right their was going to be a learning curve with him anyway from changing positions and being a rookie. To early to know what he is but the coaching staff didn't have any trouble trusting him last year when he was healthy and i doubt that's changed especially since he hasn't done anything since his injury to cause mis trust.

he was also just a rookie, remember LDT and Morse didn't come out and set the world on fire.

I fail to believe he is worse than Witzman and Erving

Morse was pretty good from the get go. LDT was a late round developmental prospect. Not applicable.

Ehinger will play when he's ready and shows he deserves to play. Guy had 1 camp though. He's not been in the league long enough to be plug and play.

Not sure he was THE starter. Yes he started a couple of games but? Im not sure he is even good. Not enough snaps to know for sure.

he had started 4 games in a row before the injury.  he was on the way to become the regular starter.

I keep hearing his name mentioned here and on sports radio, so I looked him up. He hasn't started that many games. When/if he comes back this season I will have to watch to see how good he can play.

he had started 4/5 games in a row before the season ending injury.  he was playing well enough that he would've been the regular starter.  I'm not saying he's a pro bowler, but way better than what's out there now with Erving and Devey.

He looked to be on the right track as a rookie but may be the staff don't like him after coming back from the injury or he lost the traits that made him a preferable rookie starter. Don't know the details but this OL sure needs all the help it can get so there's no way the staff would keep a possibly better youngster off the field. 

Archived