The reaction to the loss, and a silver lining I see

I'm still a little peeved about the loss on Sunday. But on reflection, when I look around and see the reaction from my fellow Chiefs, it makes me proud because we have high standards and we're used to winning. And those standards and expectations are healthy and should never drop yall. If we want to be the best, we have to demand and expect to be the best, it's just that simple. I honestly think if we ever get our hands on the big trophy, it could start an era dominance for this organisation. Regardless of our recent defeats against Pitts, our record in the last few regular seasons suggests we're on the cusp of great things, we just have to climb the highest mountain to confirm it.

The silver lining we can take from Sunday's game is teams will no doubt try to replicate what Pitts did. So we're gonna have ten games of which we can prepare for Pitts ass again. Now, of course, many teams won't have a Bell or Brown on their team, but them using similar tactics (running the ball and trying to kill the clock etc) can only benefit us ahead of a possible playoff showdown. So we can learn and develop plans on how to face the Pitts style as we go along. But what can Pitts learn exactly? They won't learn anything between now and playoff time. They'll just come at us with the same thing because that's what's worked thus far. But like Juan Manual Marquez showed Manny Pacquiao as they faced off for the fourth time, you can get a knockout blow when your opponent least expects it.

What ticks me off, and I know we have injuries so that does not help, was going into the off season we went about getting run defense built up. We did this because of what happened to us against Bell and the Steelers and how we were last year. I know some injuries suck but to go around and do it again letting this team run over us again, I hope we do something. We cant have 2 or 3 man fronts. We need to get more up on the line and let our CBs/Safeties do their job too.

What ticks me off, and I know we have injuries so that does not help, was going into the off season we went about getting run defense built up. We did this because of what happened to us against Bell and the Steelers and how we were last year. I know some injuries suck but to go around and do it again letting this team run over us again, I hope we do something. We cant have 2 or 3 man fronts. We need to get more up on the line and let our CBs/Safeties do their job too.

Yep, that was the disappointing thing of the whole game. Lettin Bell do his thing again. Although tbh missing Berry was really felt for the first time I think. Can Kpass or Eligwe step in and develop before the season is done so we can have more options in the run defence? It's something to think about. Ragland needs to show us something too.

Archived