Time for KC Raider Predictions

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predicted losses to NE, Pitt and Oak to go 5-3 in the first half of the season. We stole one in NE but this is just a brutal spot. Carrs lone win vs Alex Smith was in this very spot three years ago. Our amazing division 2 plus year win streak comes to an end 27-17. 10 days off and then a bye week in three weeks could not come at a better time. Very possible we get 5 starters back during this time. This type game is just begging for injuries though.

On the other hand Andy and Alex own Oakland. Average margin of victory 13 PPG too. And we can basically end their season tonight if we could pull it out. Just don't have much confidence in our oline or run defense. Expect play action ball control offense against us.

Predicted losses to NE, Pitt and Oak to go 5-3 in the first half of the season. We stole one in NE but this is just a brutal spot. Carrs lone win vs Alex Smith was in this very spot three years ago. Our amazing division 2 plus year win streak comes to an end 27-17. 10 days off and then a bye week in three weeks could not come at a better time. Very possible we get 5 starters back during this time. This type game is just begging for injuries though.

On the other hand Andy and Alex own Oakland. Average margin of victory 13 PPG too. And we can basically end their season tonight if we could pull it out. Just don't have much confidence in our oline or run defense. Expect play action ball control offense against us.

And that, should be his speech tonight, anything less is not acceptable.

And that, should be his speech tonight, anything less is not acceptable.

I don't see Andy as that rah rah speech guy. He's just a better coach than Del Rio and knows how to give his team the best chance to win. Sutton also has clearly been in Carrs head. It's their Super Bowl of sorts and we will need to match their intensity and play physical and smart. But man his jet lagged , injury riddled team is just realistically in a tough spot. Is what it is though. Oakland came here in same spot last year.

I don't see Andy as that rah rah speech guy. He's just a better coach than Del Rio and knows how to give his team the best chance to win. Sutton also has clearly been in Carrs head. It's their Super Bowl of sorts and we will need to match their intensity and play physical and smart. But man his jet lagged , injury riddled team is just realistically in a tough spot. Is what it is though. Oakland came here in same spot last year.

Dont think a private charter from KC to Oakland creates Jet Lag. Its what 2.5 hours on a luxury plane? No excuse.  :D

If it seemed like Justin Houston was dropping into coverage on an annoying amount of snaps this year then welcome. You’re a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I’ve heard that a lot this year that Houston is dropping into coverage more often when he should be doing what he does best and is paid to do and that’s rush the passer.

I didn’t know the exact breakdown until I saw this:

According to PFF, Justin Houston has dropped into coverage 60 times this year. That's 26 percent of the passing plays he's been on field for

•  

Note that’s 26 percent of passing plays, not all plays. That’s the third highest among “true edges”, according to the next tweet. So, yeah, he is dropping back a lot compared to others. Houston is a great athlete who can make plays all over the field and Bob Sutton knows more about defense than I could ever pretend to but I still don’t get why Houston drops in coverage that often.

The key to getting after the Raiders will be making life miserable for Derek Carr. The best way to do that is unleash Justin Houston on him. Let’s see how often Bob Sutton drops him into coverage tonight.

<p>

If it seemed like Justin Houston was dropping into coverage on an annoying amount of snaps this year then welcome. You’re a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I’ve heard that a lot this year that Houston is dropping into coverage more often when he should be doing what he does best and is paid to do and that’s rush the passer.

I didn’t know the exact breakdown until I saw this:

I'm a Sutton fan as all his banged up defenses do is consistently hold opponents to a manageable point total, but we've been lacking any real pass rush and have to get him more involved there. Problem is Dee and somewhat Tamba are one trick pony types that MUST get to QB. Houston is the only complete LB we have and that ties Suttons hands at times.

According to PFF, Justin Houston has dropped into coverage 60 times this year. That's 26 percent of the passing plays he's been on field for

6:56 AM - Oct 18, 2017 · Pennsylvania, USA

Note that’s 26 percent of passing plays, not all plays. That’s the third highest among “true edges”, according to the next tweet. So, yeah, he is dropping back a lot compared to others. Houston is a great athlete who can make plays all over the field and Bob Sutton knows more about defense than I could ever pretend to but I still don’t get why Houston drops in coverage that often.

The key to getting after the Raiders will be making life miserable for Derek Carr. The best way to do that is unleash Justin Houston on him. Let’s see how often Bob Sutton drops him into coverage tonight.

LOL so why can't we just copy the LAST FOUR teams in a row that have beaten the Raiders if it's that easy? :D

Because Sutton does not look at film. When is the last time you saw a Chiefs offense or defense exploit a teams weakness under the Reid regime??

If Oakland has any coaching brains whatsoever, they will play  3 wr sets; and when Sutton goes into his stupid Nickel defense, just hand the ball off to beastmode.....all night long.

On defense, Oakland will move Mack all around the Def line and run stunts with him to exploit our shitty backup Guards all night long, blowing up any run plays, and sacking Alex at least 3 times tonight.

Score - Oakland- 20, KC - 16

Because Sutton does not look at film. When is the last time you saw a Chiefs offense or defense exploit a teams weakness under the Reid regime??

If Oakland has any coaching brains whatsoever, they will play  3 wr sets; and when Sutton goes into his stupid Nickel defense, just hand the ball off to beastmode.....all night long.

On defense, Oakland will move Mack all around the Def line and run stunts with him to exploit our shitty backup Guards all night long, blowing up any run plays, and sacking Alex at least 3 times tonight.

Sad and True

Maybe that statement right there explains why they're 1-7 against KC in the past 8 games?  :huh:

Maybe that statement right there explains why they're 1-7 against KC in the past 8 games?  :huh:

Well if that's the case, then KC wins!

But I doubt it. Oakland does know how to use their pass rushers.

I can't recall seeing Mack covering WR/TE's very often. They'll move him around, and run stunts to match him up with Erving and Witz, to cause havoc all night.

If Oakland doesn't take advantage of the Sutton and the Chiefs oline, then Del Rio should be fired immediately.

Well if that's the case, then KC wins!

But I doubt it. Oakland does know how to use their pass rushers.

I can't recall seeing Mack covering WR/TE's very often. They'll move him around, and run stunts to match him up with Erving and Witz, to cause havoc all night.

If Oakland doesn't take advantage of the Sutton and the Chiefs oline, then Del Rio should be fired immediately.

Guess who leads the NFL in explosive plays allowed? The Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs lead the NFL in explosive plays! Woohoo, this is terrific. Oh, wait. Explosive plays ALLOWED! That is runs of 11-plus yards and passes of 15-plus yards, according to this chart from the NFL Matchup show. The Chiefs are minus-14 in explosive plays vs. explosive plays allowed. I didn’t have the numbers but a few weeks ago I talked about the way to beat the...

The Kansas City Chiefs lead the NFL in explosive plays! Woohoo, this is terrific. Oh, wait. Explosive plays ALLOWED! That is runs of 11-plus yards and passes of 15-plus yards, according to this chart from the NFL Matchup show. The Chiefs are minus-14 in explosive plays vs. explosive plays allowed. I didn’t have the numbers but a few weeks ago I talked about the way to beat the...

And that is crazy because Smith is second or third in the league in deep passes this year so far and Hunt has broken a few for big yardage. And we are still -14? Maybe our success is quality, not quantity?

Phillip Gaines folks

Archived