Oakland Raiders vs Kansas City Chiefs MATCH thread

Honestly the so called stars on this team...Houston & DJ are just not the same as before injuries. The rest of the defense lacks talent other than head case Peters. 

This is not a great team. Good yes. Not great and not even close. One and done playoff ...if they get there.

SUTTON IS AN ASS! 

Peters is overated too!  A sissy at tackling and can't cover with worth a shit this year.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If houston is DONE then season over.   seriously.   it sucks but it's life.

also DJ could be done too.   

DJ is done.  Houston not sure, need more info.   Let him relentlessly rush the QB on every play next game.  If he can't get there, then yeah, his days as a premier pass rusher are probably over.  Can still be an effective run stopping OLB though.  

Either Houston has lost his explosiveness, or they are not letting him use it, but almost every time he is rushing the passer, he looks more like he's in contain.  If he's not by the guy on his 1st step, he just stands up and waits to see what's developing.  They need more.  

I'm afraid of the 1st. I saw a man with no leg drive at all the last 2 weeks.

If houston is DONE then season over.   seriously.   it sucks but it's life.

also DJ could be done too.   

This season was contingent on Houston being that dominant player he was before the injury. Especially with Berry being out. I just don't think we have enough. Good thing is AFC is weak this year...anybody's game. Who knows.

I'm afraid of the 1st. I saw a man with no leg drive at all the last 2 weeks.

Yeah, that's what I see also, unfortunately, and may be what Sutton sees also.  He hasn't lost his speed.  He can still run, but he's lost his explosiveness, his leg drive as you say.  Without it, he's a good player who can still play, and play well in the league, but not as a dominant pass rushing force like before.  

Yeah, that's what I see also, unfortunately, and may be what Sutton sees also. He hasn't lost his speed. He can still run, but he's lost his explosiveness, his leg drive as you say. Without it, he's a good player who can still play, and play well in the league, but not as a dominant pass rushing force like before.

I think Houston is fine. It's the damn scheme and that shit head sutton is not letting him play to his strengths. we can't stop the run or the pass and on top of that we can't get any pressure. Something is not right.. I don't know what the hell it is. I fuckin hope sutton gets his ass chewed out and start letting guys get after the QB. At least the QB doesn't have all damn day. Hali should help even though he is old. He at least doesn't quit. Where the fuck is Ragland? Why the fuck didn't we sign bowman ? He had the most tackles for Oakland tonight.

Man I am pissed.

I think Houston is no where close to being 100% and Sutton is hoping he can play himself back into game speed.

I also think Sutton is using him as a decoy and dropping him back into coverage.

There really is no other reason for the 3 man rush and soft coverage.

Dee Ford was shit last night too...

Where the hell is Hali? He raised a stink in training camp about "playing time"....he needs to come back strong and show us something.

DJ is not back either....Ragland has shown us nothing so far...

The bad news?

Line Backer is not ever our weakest position on Defense. Our current DB's look like the keystone cops out there.

w

I think Houston could be tired and still recovering from his calf injury.   I think these 10 days of rest will do wonders and getting Steven Nelson and Hali back along with Morse and LDT will do wonders for this team.    We will be fine.    We discovered Robinson is a gamer and our offense is back on track at least when the play calling is decent.   

I will say the rush 3 and drop 8 back in the coverage works against a team like the Patriots who pass the ball so quickly, but that scheme shouldn't be used against a team that is sending people deep and taking longer for the play to develop.  You have to disrupt the qb with some creative blitzes.  

Oh well we are 5-2 and learning of our issues now, which gives us time to address them.   

I think Houston could be tired and still recovering from his calf injury.   I think these 10 days of rest will do wonders and getting Steven Nelson and Hali back along with Morse and LDT will do wonders for this team.    We will be fine.    We discovered Robinson is a gamer and our offense is back on track at least when the play calling is decent.   

I will say the rush 3 and drop 8 back in the coverage works against a team like the Patriots who pass the ball so quickly, but that scheme shouldn't be used against a team that is sending people deep and taking longer for the play to develop.  You have to disrupt the qb with some creative blitzes.  

Oh well we are 5-2 and learning of our issues now, which gives us time to address them.   

Good point.  I heard SSJ and N. Bukaty on the Border Patrol stating that they think Sutton has just gone to the well too many times with this approach because it slowed the Pats down in game 1.

I'm hoping like hell they fix this for the Denver game.  DEN's offense is terrible and we need a game where we come out and beat ass on both sides of the ball.

I think Houston could be tired and still recovering from his calf injury. I think these 10 days of rest will do wonders and getting Steven Nelson and Hali back along with Morse and LDT will do wonders for this team. We will be fine. We discovered Robinson is a gamer and our offense is back on track at least when the play calling is decent.

I will say the rush 3 and drop 8 back in the coverage works against a team like the Patriots who pass the ball so quickly, but that scheme shouldn't be used against a team that is sending people deep and taking longer for the play to develop. You have to disrupt the qb with some creative blitzes.

Agreed. Need Nelson and Hali. Robinson probably better catching the ball and creating separation over Conley.

It’s the defensive scheme that Sutton has latched on to this year where it’s a three down lineman rush and drop eight back into coverage (including Houston) that worked so well against the Patriots that is causing all the problems with the secondary. If Sutton would blitz every once in awhile and the olbs were getting at least some pressure on the QB the secondary would look way better. And why the hell is Sorensen lining up at MLB? He should be helping stop the run at the second level and hitting people with his nasty self that catch the ball in front of the corners. And why in the hell is Peters not lining up with his wr in man and being 10 yds off the wr on obvious passing downs? A lot of the defense woes are scheme related

Seeing some of this Twitter replay of important plays during the game, Oakland should have had OPI on both the 3rd and 12 and game winning TD. Plus illegal picks by Roberts on deep pass to Cook.

This is crying over spilt milk but tape the Chiefs need to make sure League officials see for next time we play. Shocking how much they went after Gaines.

Archived