5-0 to no playoffs

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not playoff in doubt but rather SB. This has been a broken record. We saw it in Washington saw it vs Philli and Pitt. Defense has not put away teams like in previous years. Chiefs need to learn from this. One thing though - Houston is not the dominant pass rusher he once was. That stings...

Bob Sutton should be out... IMMEDIATELY

Yeah..I'm pretty tired of the "bend then break" defense. No excuse for no pressure the whole game. I knew beyond a doubt Oakland was going to score a TD at the end to win it. A game we should have won. I put the blame squarely on the coaches and our weak ass defense.

Yeah..I'm pretty tired of the "bend then break" defense. No excuse for no pressure the whole game. I knew beyond a doubt Oakland was going to score a TD at the end to win it. A game we should have won. I put the blame squarely on the coaches and our weak ass defense.

We better invest heavily in defensive picks the next few years

I’d argue we could miss the playoffs entirely. Defense reminds me of 2003’s defense....it’s that bad. Mitchell = trash, Gaines = trash, Sorenson = trash, Murray = trash. And don’t get me going on our horrible LBs and non existent pass rush. We’re in trouble.

I wouldn't go that far. 

It’s time to rebuild the defense after this season. Cut all the dead weight and the guys like Terrance Mitchell who shouldn’t be starting in the NFL. Gaines looked promising until his injury but he’s not the same player after. Murray looks lost and so does Sorenson. Hali is toast and Justin Houston ain’t the same guy anymore. DJ is too old and has clearly lost at least a few steps. Ford has sucked since he was drafted. Chris Jones is getting pushed around this year, and Logan and Bailey have been bad too. Can anyone tell me why the defense is considered so talented? It’s a legit question. Even Peters has sucked this year. Now either Eric Berry is the most important guy on any defense or this unit is extremely overrated.

Before this game I was really confident and sure last week was just the "kryptonite" thing. But this defense is horrible.

I think the pass rush put pressure on Carr on one play and took a 15 yard penalty.

I have never seen a defense lose so nany jump balls.

QBs are just going to hang back and air it out. With no pass rush the secondary will get toasted.

Before this game I was really confident and sure last week was just the "kryptonite" thing. But this defense is horrible.

I think the pass rush put pressure on Carr on one play and took a 15 yard penalty.

QBs are just going to hang back and air it out. With no pass rush the secondary will get toasted.

SAD AND TRUE

I thought the Watson just throw jump ball TD’s were flukes, now I realize it is the gameplan

We have problems and Pitt exposed us. Teams are exploiting it, and the entire team just makes boneheaded mistakes at the end. It began with that awful three and out series where Andy once again proved that for all his talents he can’t manage a game clock situation. Then after the change of possession the defense plays what is essentially a prevent defense until the last play, then they decide to load up on the run and give Carr an easy pitch and catch in the left short corner of the end zone. My big takeaway from this game is that we have a rigid coaching staff that calls questionable plays and plays not to lose in a late game situation with a short lead. We can play from behind, but top down on the staff there are far too many bad clock management plays when we have a lead.

We have problems and Pitt exposed us. Teams are exploiting it, and the entire team just makes boneheaded mistakes at the end. It began with that awful three and out series where Andy once again proved that for all his talents he can’t manage a game clock situation. Then after the change of possession the defense plays what is essentially a prevent defense until the last play, then they decide to load up on the run and give Carr an easy pitch and catch in the left short corner of the end zone. My big takeaway from this game is that we have a rigid coaching staff that calls questionable plays and plays not to lose in a late game situation with a short lead. We can play from behind, but top down on the staff there are far too many bad clock management plays when we have a lead.

I fail to see how you can even mention anything about the offense, this all on the D

Forget about the offense for just a sec. They scored 30’and the game wasn’t safe. The defense is simply incapable of making stops. Only thing that stopped the Raiders tonight was the Raiders.

Archived