5-0 to no playoffs

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch him when he "pass rushes".  You might change your opinion.   Justin is my favorite Chief player.   What I've seen the last several weeks, and especially tonight, is alarming.   And NOT on Bob Sutton.   

I agree, he's not done.  They're not using him right.

I don't agree, he's good enough to be a number 2 which he is.  You aren't going to find all pro CB's at the #2 position on any team in this league.  I didn't think he was the one getting beat, I saw it all happening on Gaines or when we were in cover 2 zone and the middle of the field was getting gashed.

The DBs look awful because there is zero pass rush.  They're not all Pro Bowl caliber players except Peters, but when the QB has all day to throw it doesn't matter who you have back there.

The entire defense is being used the wrong way.  We have man to man db's being asked to play cover 2 soft zone.

Oh, it was fatal error that got offended. My bad. But the rest of my post stands to your previous quote. I'm not blaming him for us losing; I'm saying he is not the qb that will WIN you these playoff type games. We've seen this twice in a row.

Get back to me with examples of quarterbacks that have overcome +600 yards of field position given up by the defense over 10 drives.

Mitchell was beaten badly last night on several occasions, go back and watch the tape.

We know he got beat, all the DBs got roasted all night.  No one is stating their HOF players it's just that you can't expect them to blanket WRs for 5 seconds every play.

Carr has 52 pass attempts last night and didn't even get hit.

The DBs look awful because there is zero pass rush. They're not all Pro Bowl caliber players except Peters, but when the QB has all day to throw it doesn't matter who you have back there.

The entire defense is being used the wrong way. We have man to man db's being asked to play cover 2 soft zone.

This is definitely a very legitimate point. Then the next becomes - why the hell is the Chiefs brass blind to this? What are we missing as fans?

This is definitely a very legitimate point. Then the next becomes - why the hell is the Chiefs brass blind to this? What are we missing as fans?

IDK, it's frustrating as hell to watch a soft, passive defense when the Chiefs have talent for an aggressive scheme.

They have 11 days to figure it out and do better against the Broncos who have a bad offense.

It would never happen, but if DEN comes in and moves the ball all over us and even if we win, he needs to be fired.

He’s spot on. What really concerns me is Reid’s consistent support of Bob Sutton. At what point (if at all) does Reid acknowledge that Sutton ain’t the guy? It’s so frustrating.

It'll be one of those DV G-Rob scenarios..nothing will change until next year

Get back to me with examples of quarterbacks that have overcome +600 yards of field position given up by the defense over 10 drives.

It would be nice if, Andy for all his genius, would stop being cute and out-thinking himself.  2nd an 2, jet sweep to Hill who runs out of bounds, when the clock needed to run.  The last 3rd down, going straight drop back when the defense was obviously coming.  At very least, PA would've at least slowed the rush, but instead Andy goes straight drop back and Smith gets dropped for a big loss.  Reid's moments of WTF actually hinder Smith.  Straight drop back in that situation allowed the defense to absolutely tee off on Smith, and that was inexcusable.  Another example of poor game management was the end of the first half.  Offense was moving the ball at will, Chiefs sitting on time outs, and before the field goal Reid lets 20 seconds tick off the clock and then Oak calls time out.  They miss the field goal, half over.  Had he called time out, we're one completion from a FG attempt at the end of the half.  At worst, they make the field goal, and we force them to defend a kickoff.  Would we have scored on the kickoff?  Not likely, but we have good special teams, and you have to at least give your guys the chance.  There are moments like that tattered throughout our games on a weekly basis, sometimes it bites us, and sometimes it doesn't.  

It would be nice if, Andy for all his genius, would stop being cute and out-thinking himself. 2nd an 2, jet sweep to Hill who runs out of bounds, when the clock needed to run. The last 3rd down, going straight drop back when the defense was obviously coming. At very least, PA would've at least slowed the rush, but instead Andy goes straight drop back and Smith gets dropped for a big loss. Reid's moments of WTF actually hinder Smith. Straight drop back in that situation allowed the defense to absolutely tee off on Smith, and that was inexcusable. Another example of poor game management was the end of the first half. Offense was moving the ball at will, Chiefs sitting on time outs, and before the field goal Reid lets 20 seconds tick off the clock and then Oak calls time out. They miss the field goal, half over. Had he called time out, we're one completion from a FG attempt at the end of the half. At worst, they make the field goal, and we force them to defend a kickoff. Would we have scored on the kickoff? Not likely, but we have good special teams, and you have to at least give your guys the chance. There are moments like that tattered throughout our games on a weekly basis, sometimes it bites us, and sometimes it doesn't.

Excellent take.

Pay a guy $100 million dollars to do that shit. It’s inexplicable. And the real kicker is that it doesn’t even work!!! This defense should live and die by its ability to get to the QB.

This oversimplifies things WAY to much. You adjust scheme to personel and ours is average on defense right now.

This. Pretty obvious he had good position on both TDs he have up and was pushed both times. Not sure what SP was watching.

People lose their minds after a loss.

30-24 win and people are saying allowing 24 is a respectable number. Give up 31, and the defense is atrocious.

Yes, defense looks bad currently. But Sutton is the root cause.

You could just see the prevent coming. He mirriots Reid on offense. Conservative.

Archived