5-0 to no playoffs

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that "porous" defense that has somehow allowed us to win five games against some of the best sides in the country. Oh lord how will we cope moving forward now the D has been exposed as the worst in NFL history? :D

You’re failure to even acknowledge the defensive problems of this team is concerning.

Figures we get Denver after they just get shut out. They’ll definitely be looking to put some points on the board, and the Chiefs porous defense may provide the ingredients to do so. They’re going to have to be much better next Monday.

Or it could be a game where the Chiefs get healthy and feast on their terrible offense?  Just taking the other side is all...

I mean, I really don't see how you can watch the Broncos the past 3 weeks and think they're capable of putting up 30+ points.

All the teams we've faced are some of the better teams and offenses in the league.

Well, the Broncos offense has been very bad and so has the Chiefs defense. If we can’t beat the Broncos in KC after 11 days off then I think it’s fair to say the wheels have come off. Maybe we’ll get lucky and Emmanuelle Sanders will be out again.

They said last week he's out 3-4 weeks. 

I would like to see us keep the Broncos below 13 because that's our offense's floor. I obviously think that we will score more than that anyway, but that would be my goal. With it being a division game, I doubt it though, even with Denver's struggles. Let's go for 19? That's our second best point total this year for the defense.

Gotta stop the run against the Broncos.

They will come out and do what the last two teams did:

3 WR sets, (to put us in Nickel - 2 dlinemen)

And then commence to handing the ball off to Anderson and Charles.

The Chargers did not go into Nickel when the Broncos came out in spread offense. They played base defense on early downs to stop the run, regardless of what Denver lined up in.

Then on 3rd and long, they rushed the passer with 4-5 guys, and as the results showed..They stopped the Bronco offense cold.

We match up with Denver better offensively as well. They like to play man on man all over the field (and they are very good at it) but we have been dominant so far against man defenses. We've struggled against zones. I think Denver is stubborn and egotistical enough to believe they can cover us all day in man and we will hit some huge plays against them. Hopefully the extra preparation for the coaches will allow them to see that hounding Denver's QB is the way to play them. If we go 3 pass rushers against these guys, my TV may not survive.

Get back to me with examples of quarterbacks that have overcome +600 yards of field position given up by the defense over 10 drives.

You're missing the point. Hell, Smith could have easily been one had he converted a first down and made the drive last. You would have a point if we had no shot winning the game. We did, however. ANd you are justifying SMith's limitations...which I understand, because you are not used to having a good qb, it seems.

I like being realistic and not defend "my/our guy" just because he's in our team. I like being critical--especially if a dude is representing me, being in my team.

The funny thing is that if our second to last drive took less than the 6 1/2 minutes we burned by getting first downs, maybe we would've had the ball last and won the game. I know the point is to not give the ball back at all. I'm not football stupid. But we did repeatedly get first downs.

You're missing the point. Hell, Smith could have easily been one had he converted a first down and made the drive last. You would have a point if we had no shot winning the game. We did, however. ANd you are justifying SMith's limitations...which I understand, because you are not used to having a good qb, it seems.

I like being realistic and not defend "my/our guy" just because he's in our team. I like being critical--especially if a dude is representing me, being in my team.

Alex Smith was 25-36 for 342 yards with 3 touchdowns and zero picks. We had 425 yards of total offense and 7.1 yards per offensive play. We scored 30 points. If you like "being realistic" then you should probably be pretty happy with the quarterback play.

The funny thing is that if our second to last drive took less than the 6 1/2 minutes we burned by getting first downs, maybe we would've had the ball last and won the game. I know the point is to not give the ball back at all. I'm not football stupid. But we did repeatedly get first downs.

Shit, if Kelce just runs forward instead of sideways, it's game over.

Shit, if Kelce just runs forward instead of sideways, it's game over.

But if Smith were elite, Kelce would've run forward.

I'm only kidding. I think there's plenty in Smith career that can put him down, but I don't like ever looking at one game and saying "see!" If we can do that, I would say that about the New Orleans Saints playoff game where he scored twice in the last four minutes to win the game. How's that about clutch? They put the team on his back and he delivered. Can I hype that one? See, I can't use just one game and while I can see that there are plenty of games we would have won with a better quarterback or better QB play, I don't like this game being cited. When there are other examples, it seems like reaching.

While I do think that an incomplete Carr pass would've led to a win and the same comment could be made about not winning earlier, it just seems pointless. We have iced games before and I believe we've done it against better teams and on the road.

And they both want to be 5-2 right now. One succeeded. Is that Carrs second win against us?

Yep. Both at home in that short week Thursday night game. Both in late comebacks we should have won. We will see what happens at Arrowhead in December. 

That’s fair after that Raider game. They put us in a position to win against the Steelers. You got to score more than 13 points. 20 would have won it. Defense did their job against the Steelers IMO even though they got their butts kicked. Yeah, that sounds ridiculous now they I said it.

Alex Smith was 25-36 for 342 yards with 3 touchdowns and zero picks. We had 425 yards of total offense and 7.1 yards per offensive play. We scored 30 points. If you like "being realistic" then you should probably be pretty happy with the quarterback play.

Again, it is understandable you do not know what it is to be a fan of a SB winning team. You guys seem to be totally fine with those stats and overlook the fact that few yards he did not get can be the difference between winning and losing--especially in playoffs.

My point is for you guys to not be blindsided when Smith does not get us those key plays to win the crucial playoff game; and with the defense we have...

Super Bowl winning qbs don't necessarily get you tons of yardage, but get you those clutch plays being cool under pressure.

I their last drives, Smith needed 10 yards and a first down to win and Carr needed to go 85 yards and score a TD to win. One succeeded. 

That's been my whole point and people seem to not want to get this and justify Smith. If that was a playoff game, I hope people feel nice showing off Smith's stats as they start looking forward to baseball's spring training. You have to have a clutch qb.

You're missing the point. Must be nice.

And what is the point? Derek Carr has one winning season. His team is in last place. We are in first. He had a good drive to end the game that if not for horrible officiating would never have happened. He had a fumble given back to him on an equally horrible call and a touchdown on obvious offensive pass interference that they initially called and then didn't have the guts to tell the crowd.

He has now "Succeeded" twice against us in his career.

In his best year ever he was 0-2 against us. And I'll bet you money right now that he doesn't "succeed" later this year. You can name the dollar amount.

Again, it is understandable you do not know what it is to be a fan of a SB winning team. You guys seem to be totally fine with those stats and overlook the fact that few yards he did not get can be the difference between winning and losing--especially in playoffs.

My point is for you guys to not be blindsided when Smith does not get us those key plays to win the crucial playoff game; and with the defense we have...

Super Bowl winning qbs don't necessarily get you tons of yardage, but get you those clutch plays being cool under pressure.

Playcalling went conservative as we tried to milk the clock and Alex dropped back to pass once in an obvious passing situation and the offensive line didn't hold up. Trying to place blame on one pass that never even happened is pretty shortsighted. Alex is the main reason we were leading the game at all. Just as he's a huge reason we are 5-2 and in first place right now.

I guess I forgot about Carr's Super Bowl wins.  My bad. 

Archived