Eric Berry

Sorenson completely miss timed that jump ball to Cook at the 1.

I can't stand Sorenson.  Unfortunately Murray was pretty bad tonight also, so they are kinda stuck there, but it does continue to show how great a player Berry is and was, for the few doubters he maybe had.  

I can't stand Sorenson. Unfortunately Murray was pretty bad tonight also, so they are kinda stuck there, but it does continue to show how great a player Berry is and was, for the few doubters he maybe had.

He didn't even touch the receiver on the fumble recovery. That was terrible.

But yes. Murray was awful. Even worse live than tv. He was beat many times and carr didn't see it

I'm not 100% sure the players we have on D are capable both physically and technically. And to think coming into the season...Defense was my least concern...the wheels have fallen off...amd not real sure 11 days are enough to fix the problems before seeing Denver. Eric Berry is missed in a lot of ways...

And this is a massive problem that will need to be looked at post season. You can't be missing one player and have the whole damn thing fall apart. We've got to draft another quality safety to be Berry's understudy, and of course, linebackers are a must too. If things continue to spiral downwards then I believe we'll need to make some big decisions come draft time because some of these guys are too old to ever get better. 

And this is a massive problem that will need to be looked at post season. You can be missing one player and have the whole damn thing fall apart. We've got to draft another quality safety to be Berry's understudy, and of course, linebackers are a must too. If things continue to spiral downwards then I believe we'll need to make some big decisions come draft time because some of these guys are too old to ever get better. 

I agree but must we wait until the draft?  Surely there are some players out there the Chiefs could trade for or find some unsigned people NOW? 

I agree but must we wait until the draft?  Surely there are some players out there the Chiefs could trade for or find some unsigned people NOW? 

Not sure if we can find someone that will come in and perform from day one. No team will trade away good players so we need to either take a chance on a guy based on potential or a veteran who's not living up to the expectations. 

Looks like we should have paid Branch back in the day.

Personally...mitchell, Murray, gaines and in a lot of cases sorensen...are exactly what an opposing qb lives for...cover skills are mediocre, tackling skills are terrible...the only thing necessary is to find a matchup and get good line protection..then just throw all day. Even Peters and his boneheaded plays...no wonder Houston isn't getting any pressure..he has to try to cover for their inability to perform at this level. Time and experience might be factors...but if your offense can put up 30...that should be sufficient.

Our DB's are highly mediocre with the exception of Peters.

Peters has the best pure skills in the NFL. He is also a very confused kid with a chip on his shoulder.

This season he is getting beat more often than making big plays. I hope he snaps out of his funk as we desperately need the pro-bowl version.

w

Our DB's are highly mediocre with the exception of Peters.

Peters has the best pure skills in the NFL. He is also a very confused kid with a chip on his shoulder.

This season he is getting beat more often than making big plays. I hope he snaps out of his funk as we desperately need the pro-bowl version.

w

He balled last night. He allowed 1 catch that I saw. One.

Maybe he is getting it together in coverage, maybe not? Still not making big plays.

I would not bring up his tackling if I were you....

w

Why? Never said he was a great tackler. He made a big play last week.

Not allowing plays is big.

And this is a massive problem that will need to be looked at post season. You can't be missing one player and have the whole damn thing fall apart. We've got to draft another quality safety to be Berry's understudy, and of course, linebackers are a must too. If things continue to spiral downwards then I believe we'll need to make some big decisions come draft time because some of these guys are too old to ever get better. 

Good one.  Don't forget the Dline.   Poe would provide a push up the middle when in PRIME.   None on our Dline do anything.

Two games we now have lost because no Berry!!!! I’m positive we win both if Berry is playing

I have zero doubt. Murray simply couldn't handle the single high role and Sorenson isn't getting done in the box. Hopefully experience helps both but right now we have a real talent problem at a safety position we've been really good at since Andy got here. Hopefully if Nelson can come back strong at some point he can play the nickel role and give more flexibility with the others. Bottom line is teams have figured out how to play us without Berry and we have to adjust somehow. 

Archived