• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck the Raiders

Chiefs will be fine. Defense needs to improve greatly on its pass rush so the D doesn’t have to rely on our sketchy safties.

Houston is a concern. Offense looking better this year. Robinson is coming together well, and Hunt needs to get the ball more. He should have carried this team in the 4th to end that shit

I got something, better win next week or good chance of full melt down

Far from meltdown, this team is still very strong and will be fresh for Denver. For the defense: all lies on Houston. If he gets pressure, we’ll be fine. For the offense: just need to find its rhythm with Robinson taking over and the OL recovering in time for next game

Far from meltdown, this team is still very strong and will be fresh for Denver. For the defense: all lies on Houston. If he gets pressure, we’ll be fine. For the offense: just need to find its rhythm with Robinson taking over and the OL recovering in time for next game

I mean the momentum of losing is as strong as winning. We could tailspin if we lose another one.

I said before this game we would lose, but it would not be a big deal. I'm sticking with that.

It's a sad situation on defense. I feel like the talent is there. It really is a bad scheme and teams are attacking the bend but don't break defense. Hail Mary's three weeks in a row and finding the zone holes.

New England is suffering too. They are Bend but don't break and it's not working there either

It's a sad situation on defense. I feel like the talent is there. It really is a bad scheme and teams are attacking the bend but don't break defense. Hail Mary's three weeks in a row and finding the zone holes.

New England is suffering too. They are Bend but don't break and it's not working there either

Need Hali back to spark the fire

At least we're getting exposed now. I'd rather have it now then when we went 9-0. We can still adjust - just need to finish strong. Our schedule gets much more favorable after the BYE. 12-4 or 11-5.

On a positive note:

It took two desperate teams to beat us. The Steelers Lucky fluke catch by Brown & A last resort drive (with the refs and the NFL in their back pocket) by The Raiders. They had to win, especially with their upcoming schedule. I would have taken 5-2 all day before the start of the season espeically if we knew all the injuries that would incurr. Good thing is we have virtually two bye weeks here. We are in prime position. We needed to get punished for giving up leads. Philli, Washington, and Houston all threw up long balls and killed us. 

Good news: Morse, LDT, Ehinger, Nelson, Hali will all be back hopefully. We are gonna be fine. The AFC is a tossup - it's all about momentum. Finish strong...

I don't see this at all.

Watch him.  Focus on him.  I was, and he was really piss poor rushing the QB.   He was giving up on the rush when he couldn't win early, and was just standing up.   It was quite noticeable, and I'm sure it's noticeable to Sutton also, and may be the reason he's using him like he is.  

One weird thing is that for the past two games, is it just me, or has Reid dropped all of the plays that were working from his playbook? I swear that Hunt's running plays, shovel passes, etc. have disappeared. Now, is it that defense have caught on or that Reid is saving them?

I want a meltdown. We all know it will be the same losing in playoffs. Why not melt and get Mahomes some games? Anyway.

I'm just going to imagine they made both their field goal misses and intercepted the Smith-Wilson TD. It's the only thing I can do to stay (football) sane. In real life, I can separate sport and life, but within the sports world? I have to rationalize. So not to be in denial about losing but rather be in denial about being close - we lost 37-23.

Shit, that doesn't make me feel better.

We're back to the 5-2 I thought we'd be after 7. Nope, still doesn't work.

Watch him. Focus on him. I was, and he was really piss poor rushing the QB. He was giving up on the rush when he couldn't win early, and was just standing up. It was quite noticeable, and I'm sure it's noticeable to Sutton also, and may be the reason he's using him like he is.

I was there.

So you must have seen all the times Justin was in pass rush mode, was stopped early, and just stood there playing contain?

I saw him stop when the ball was gone...

Not in the middle of the rush.

These takes are silly.

Watch again.

2 qtr around the 7 minute mark- Houston was in the back field twice, missed a sack by a finger tip, drove the tackle back on another rush. Rushed on another play and instantly read the qb draw.

Man, these losses really make people lose it.

How's that J Houston contract now seem, Phata  :wacko:

Frustrating. I don't have to explain. I asked for only one sack on that last drive. His strip sack was valid, although called back on a penalty. He's paid to much for that to be his singular contribution tonight.

Top-tier players in the NFL are overpaid, and the Chiefs as an organization have succumbed to the philosophy that building around linchpin players is essential to win championships. It works great until people get hurt and return in a condition substantially weaker than what they were contracted for. The same thing has happened with Berry. The Chiefs, already at a competitive disadvantage in free agency, will now be dealing with a cap-imposed competitive disadvantage for years to come.

Archived