I saw him stop when the ball was gone...

Not in the middle of the rush.

These takes are silly.

Watch again.

2 qtr around the 7 minute mark- Houston was in the back field twice, missed a sack by a finger tip, drove the tackle back on another rush. Rushed on another play and instantly read the qb draw.

Man, these losses really make people lose it.

This is just false.  It was noticeable on several plays, and on replay.   

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The play that sticks out to me most (although not the most damaging) was the play where Dee Ford couldn't figure out who had the ball after Carr's play-action fake to the runningback running wide left. He didn't commit to either player: He just froze.

The entire Chiefs defense is playing as if they don't trust their teammates to do their job. And that's understandable, because literally none of them are doing their job.

Watch the game, again. I just gave you the quarter and time. I'm done with you until you actually watch.

If you say the only time Justin stood up and stopped was after the ball was released, then you are either consciously lying, or just didn't see the several plays where it happened.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and tell you to watch again.  

If you say the only time Justin stood up and stopped was after the ball was released, then you are either consciously lying, or just didn't see the several plays where it happened. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and tell you to watch again.

Oh and he has a sack called back. So yea, his legs are done.

One weird thing is that for the past two games, is it just me, or has Reid dropped all of the plays that were working from his playbook? I swear that Hunt's running plays, shovel passes, etc. have disappeared. Now, is it that defense have caught on or that Reid is saving them?

I want a meltdown. We all know it will be the same losing in playoffs. Why not melt and get Mahomes some games? Anyway.

We don’t know it will be the same losing. I’m riding with Smith, he played well. The protection should have held up on that last 3rd and 8. They only rushed 3.

All in all, Hunt should have ran this game to the end

Oh and he has a sack called back. So yea, his legs are done.

Actually he didn't  He had a fumble recovery on Bailey's sack that was called back.   His legs aren't done.  He can still run well.  His explosiveness may be done.   It has been the last few weeks.  

3-7-OAK 21(14:14) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 4-D.Carr sacked at OAK 16 for -5 yards (97-A.Bailey). FUMBLES (97-A.Bailey), RECOVERED by KC-50-J.Houston at OAK 16. 50-J.Houston to OAK 16 for no gain (74-V.Alexander). PENALTY on KC-21-E.Murray, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at OAK 21 - No Play.

Actually he didn't  He had a fumble recovery on Bailey's sack that was called back.   His legs aren't done.  He can still run well.  His explosiveness may be done.   It has been the last few weeks.  

3-7-OAK 21[/size](14:14) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 4-D.Carr sacked at OAK 16 for -5 yards (97-A.Bailey). FUMBLES (97-A.Bailey), RECOVERED by KC-50-J.Houston at OAK 16. 50-J.Houston to OAK 16 for no gain (74-V.Alexander). PENALTY on KC-21-E.Murray, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at OAK 21 - No Play.[/size]

Yes. Bailey. My bad.

Show me a play where Houston quits.

I just watch the whole game in person and now on tv. I saw a guy stopping the run which was the game plan. Attaching the qb when called on.

Yes. Bailey. My bad.

Show me a play where Houston quits.

I just watch the whole game in person and now on tv. I saw a guy stopping the run which was the game plan. Attaching the qb when called on.

I didn't say he quit.  I said he stood up and stopped, looking to contain, after he didn't immediately explode past his guy.  He did what I said he did, several times, and it was before the ball was thrown.   

It's a sad situation on defense. I feel like the talent is there. It really is a bad scheme and teams are attacking the bend but don't break defense. Hail Mary's three weeks in a row and finding the zone holes.

New England is suffering too. They are Bend but don't break and it's not working there either

I think the defensive  talent is overrated. Secondary giving up huge chunks. LBs missing tackles. Little pressure. Peters is is a mental train wreck. Mitchell is ok at times. Gaines shouldn't be on an NFL field. Logan, Bailey And Jones disappear.

I think the defensive talent is overrated. Secondary giving up huge chunks. LBs missing tackles. Little pressure. Peters is is a mental train wreck. Mitchell is ok at times. Gaines shouldn't be on an NFL field. Logan, Bailey And Jones disappear.

Peters is fine on the football field. I don't give a shit about his personal state of mjnd. He balled last night.

Sorry, Peters in not meeting my expectations this year. Poor tackling, dumb ass penalties, and a real shortage of big plays.

With EB out, we really need more from Peters.

w

Certainly entitled to your own opinion. When you compare him to his previous years, yea it's not as good. He played elite. It's hard to constantly match elite.

Marcus peters is the last person in this team I'd be analyzing and worrying about.

I would love to see Justin Houston's last few MRI's....I think he is still recovering and may be impaired.

Too soon to say he is "finished", but he is no where near 100%

w

If anything, I'd say it's that calf.

He was getting pressure early in the game. Then Sutton has him off the LOS.

Early in the year he was in the backfield all the time. Berry out, his role changed.

Certainly entitled to your own opinion. When you compare him to his previous years, yea it's not as good. He played elite. It's hard to constantly match elite.

Marcus peters is the last person in this team I'd be analyzing and worrying about.

Agree, but I would like to see the defense going for stopping the catch more than going for the INT sometimes - because we seem to still not catch the ball. We have to have the opposing QB make a mistake (and good defense positioning) but if we go for the INT on a jump ball,we (and probably most teams) don't get the INT but the offense gets it. Maybe they don't if we are defending the pass instead of going for the INT.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but that's what it seems like.

Watch him.  Focus on him.  I was, and he was really piss poor rushing the QB.   He was giving up on the rush when he couldn't win early, and was just standing up.   It was quite noticeable, and I'm sure it's noticeable to Sutton also, and may be the reason he's using him like he is.  

How much of this do you think is playing on a short week after a physical game on Sunday?   I actually think getting Hali back could help by keeping these guys fresh.  

Archived