Other issue - Oline

O-line can not block well enough on the 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 3...Pathetic.

w

Hunt doesn't need a big seam to get 2 or 3 yards.  My issue is the fact that we rarely ever run in those situations.  Hunt had 18 carries.  That should be 25.  Reid falls in love with the pass and abandons the run, same knock on him since his days in Philly. 

Hunt doesn't need a big seam to get 2 or 3 yards. My issue is the fact that we rarely ever run in those situations. Hunt had 18 carries. That should be 25. Reid falls in love with the pass and abandons the run, same knock on him since his days in Philly.

He's been doing it here.

Last week was atrocious play calling.

I'm not as worried about the Oline.  Getting LDT and Morse back will do wonders up front.  Its play calling!   We protected long enough to have multiple huge plays last night.  We had the ball with 4 minutes left and just needed one first down.  We ran it right up the gut twice against a D stacked to stop the run.  Then we did a straight drop back on 3rd down when they had their ears pinned back.   He just always turtles up in those moments and its crazy because everyone watching knew the D wasn't going to be able to stop that O when they had 4 downs to work with.   Oh well.    If you would have told me we would start the season 5-2 I would have been happy with that.   

I'm not as worried about the Oline.  Getting LDT and Morse back will do wonders up front.  Its play calling!   We protected long enough to have multiple huge plays last night.  We had the ball with 4 minutes left and just needed one first down.  We ran it right up the gut twice against a D stacked to stop the run.  Then we did a straight drop back on 3rd down when they had their ears pinned back.   He just always turtles up in those moments and its crazy because everyone watching knew the D wasn't going to be able to stop that O when they had 4 downs to work with.   Oh well.    If you would have told me we would start the season 5-2 I would have been happy with that.

Agreed. It's like he wasn't even trying to get a first down. Just wanted to kill as much time as he could before punting.

while the Playcalling was pretty conservative on that last possession, let's not forget Kelce's mistake in running laterally to try and get more yards and got tackled.

If he just falls forward it's at least 3rd and 2 and if he would've ran hard going forward he might've picked up the first since he's good at that.

Archived