This guy is a starting WR in the NFL.

You could see it even in preseason. He gets separation constantly. He breaks routes and looks at the qb when the play breaks down. Can't teach that.

Happy for this kid and the chiefs future at WR.

For those who don't think Hill is a number 1, I think you are mistaken.

I always said he could be something special. Just needs to get that first TD under his belt (and if he keeps getting separation like he's doing then that's only a matter of time) and I'm sure his confidence will skyrocket. He has all the tools to be a top-class WR in this league, I truly believe that. 

While I think we miss Conley's blocking, I think Robinson may turn out to be our best overall receiver in year or two. I really don't think we'll need to draft a WR if he keeps developing. We'll need to address our defense in the offseason.

While I think we miss Conley's blocking, I think Robinson may turn out to be our best overall receiver in year or two. I really don't think we'll need to draft a WR if he keeps developing. We'll need to address our defense in the offseason.

Best case for us would be Robinson developing into a possible #2 next year.   Getting Conley back along with Hill we wouldn't necessarily have to blow a ton of FA money on one, because like you said that D is gonna need fixing unfortunately. 

Having depth with Robinson is great no doubt. Even the oline depth while not great..is still managing decent protection and so-so on gap management. Hell..Butker comes in and raises eyebrows. Offensively..its getting done... I just wish the defensive depth was a bit more than it is..i think Sutton developed a defense to suit the strength of the players..i.e. Berry, Hali, Houston, Ford, Peters, DJ...etc. And the core of that group have been injured or just not playing as nasty as they can. It seems like a lack of leadership..i just don't see the fire...and it seems to be the reason we are 0-2 in the last 2 games. But I'm on board with Robinson...just not onboard with needing a 54-52 shootout every week.

So far Robinson has been better than Conley imo.  But I've never been a big fan of Conley.  This year was the first time that he really made a contribution, and he gets seriously injured in the 5th game.  Pulling for Robinson

Conley would move to where he was supposed to be. Robinson has been thrust into a role he has not been adequately trained for. He has some of the physical traits you want, but his experience is insufficient for executing at the level Conley did.

Having depth with Robinson is great no doubt. Even the oline depth while not great..is still managing decent protection and so-so on gap management. Hell..Butker comes in and raises eyebrows. Offensively..its getting done... I just wish the defensive depth was a bit more than it is..i think Sutton developed a defense to suit the strength of the players..i.e. Berry, Hali, Houston, Ford, Peters, DJ...etc. And the core of that group have been injured or just not playing as nasty as they can. It seems like a lack of leadership..i just don't see the fire...and it seems to be the reason we are 0-2 in the last 2 games. But I'm on board with Robinson...just not onboard with needing a 54-52 shootout every week.

You tell me one defensive player that gets amped up to play contain defense.   I think you hit on something.   We have a ton of passionate aggressive players and we run a containing bend don't break defense.   Its like snipping a dog or bull.  They are never the same afterwards because you take the thing that comes natural to them.

Also we don't have to hold teams to under 20 to have a chance to win now, because the offense has turned the corner as long as Reid doesn't turtle up.   This conservative defense is no longer necessary.   Let em loose Sutton, you are already giving up hung chunk plays lets at least lay the wood while doing it.

Robinson is getting more separation than I have ever seen from Conley. he is a starting caliber WR based on what I've seen so far. It shouldn't be a huge surprise as he was recognized as a first round talent who had maturity issues and kept getting into trouble.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/demarcus-robinson?id=2555478

Now he's had two games, this little break should give him even more time to work with Smith and learn the schemes. He's clearly got all the physical talent to be a monster. Fast, elusive, quick stutter feet that can baffle opponents and of course the ability to get separation. And another thing he does is watch his QB, he doesn't just run a route and expect the ball to come to him. He sees what's happening at the time and adapts accordingly, so he has intelligence too. He's also shown great hands tbh. He's got so much in his arsenal. We just have to hope and pray he can become one of the top guys in the future like Brown and Jones.

Well, I'm afraid there's another gif HERE of Robinson getting separation AGAIN, and being wide open AGAIN, and not being seen by Alex. 

That's near on FOUR TIMES in two games now!!..just shocking man. I hope Alex and Robinson were working hard in training over this little mini-break because D-Rob is looking more and more like the real deal with every game he plays.

Well, I'm afraid there's another gif HERE of Robinson getting separation AGAIN, and being wide open AGAIN, and not being seen by Alex.

That's near on FOUR TIMES in two games now!!..just shocking man. I hope Alex and Robinson were working hard in training over this little mini-break because D-Rob is looking more and more like the real deal with every game he plays.

If Smith sells the check town, then he's open. But if Smith is looking toward him, the defender who drops down to the check down, would've been defending Robinson. When Smith turns to the checkdown, Robinson has his defenders attention. Maybe still completable, but not "wide open." I mean, if that is, then I question whether the other three are wide open.

Robinson gets between the two defenders and has ample amount of space for Smith to throw into imo. The top QB's can make that throw with their eyes closed I think. Perhaps I'm being harsh on Alex but it just shows everyone how good this kid Robinson is at getting himself free of his man and finding space. 

Archived