When we lost five in a row in 2015

We're all peeved at what's happened over the last week, but when one thinks back to that period we had back in 2015, I'm sure all of the same questions and worries being expressed now, were also expressed back then, right? The defence conceded thirty or more points THREE TIMES in that run, and the offence never put up more than twenty-eight points in all of the first six games. And yet, Reid and Sutton found a way to galvanise the team and we went on to win eleven games in a row if you include the playoff game. 

So when I think back to those times, I guess it puts things into perspective. Defeats come with the territory guys. In fact, just this second I've just seen a team I've followed for a very long time, the New Zealand Allblacks rugby team, who are as dominant a side as you will ever see, lose a game today by five points. So it just underlines the fact that no team is invincible one hundred percent of the time. 

We've had a great start to the season yall. No team have had it tougher than us and despite a plethora of injuries we've still beaten some of the best teams in the country. Yes, there are some issues to be addressed. But can we really doubt Reid and Sutton's ability to fix them? Let's keep the faith yall. Especially as I think we have a much better team now than we did back then.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pissed for the 1st 24 hrs after the Raider loss. Primarily because its a game we had won and let it slip away.

My angst about this team isn't based on losing a game or two. It's just how bad the defense has played. It flat out sucks. I'm beyond wins and losses during the season. I want results in the post season. I just don't believe this defense is good enough to hold up its end. We will probably have to face the Steelers or Pats...this team won't beat them.

Biggest issue with the defensive scheme is the lack of aggression they are allowed to have. The defense Sutton learned under was an attacking style defense that was aggressive. This team needs to be allowed to make plays and not just be asked to prevent them. If Sutton allows them to be that style based off the Ravens and Jets system he learned from then we would truly see how good or bad they are.

Personally feel the defense is still very good but playing soft zone isn't meant for this group. Man to man mixed with some cover 3 or 4 works best. Most of all Houston has to be allowed to rush the passer I get the don't let them know he's rushing but teams don't even account for him and just double down the line

Does the 32nd ranked defense also come with the territory? We can’t stop anybody, and that’s a HUGE problem.

LOL you being negative again? What a surprise :D

How good was our defence when we lost five in a row? Let me give you a hint...IT WASN'T GOOD!!!. And yet we all know what happened after that.

LOL you being negative again? What a surprise :D

How good was our defence when we lost five in a row? Let me give you a hint...IT WASN'T GOOD!!!. And yet we all know what happened after that.

If you re happy with 11 wins and an early exit in the post season then I can't subscribe to that. I want more.. sorry.

If you re happy with 11 wins and an early exit in the post season then I can't subscribe to that. I want more.. sorry.

So do 31 other teams. Good luck with that. If you are healthy and hot in December, it will happen. If not probably not. All we can ask is to get to the dance and see what happens. I will take this over 2-14 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yeah I was frustrated with the game as it should have been a relatively easy win.  However every single one of us would have been elated with 5-2 as a possiblity before the season started.   We got a mini bye and then we beat Denver and we will be right back on track.  

For me the state of the team is the concern rather than back to back losses. They looked very weak on both sides of the ball when it matters and that's not an easy thing to bounce back from. The schedule will get a lot easier going forward which should bring in more wins but I'm concerned with the path to the ultimate goal. With a couple key names off the field the roster doesn't look as talented as I assumes, which is worrying me for years to come. 

For me the state of the team is the concern rather than back to back losses. They looked very weak on both sides of the ball when it matters and that's not an easy thing to bounce back from. The schedule will get a lot easier going forward which should bring in more wins but I'm concerned with the path to the ultimate goal. With a couple key names off the field the roster doesn't look as talented as I assumes, which is worrying me for years to come. 

We've been missing players since the second game. It's not like they were missing and we just fell apart. We still went 5-0 at the end of the day and have lost two very close games that we could have easily won.

So do 31 other teams. Good luck with that. If you are healthy and hot in December, it will happen. If not probably not. All we can ask is to get to the dance and see what happens. I will take this over 2-14 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

We already know as long as we have Andy Reid as HC we won't be a 2-14 team ever. Andy's floor is very high. I'm more interested in his ceiling. For all his success in the regular season what do we have to show for the playoffs? 1 wildcard win against Brian "frickin" Hoyer? Better than the previous coaches after Marty....but are you okay with that and nothing more?

That is a fair point. It is a tough call. They were pissed at Andy in Philadelphia for going to the the AFC Championship game every year, but never winning the SB. I get that frustration, but I would not mind it compare to where we have been.

It is hard to tell if they were elevated beyond their talent by Andy or held back by Andy. I think elevated beyond, but that is probably loyalty to my guy. I can say that before he was my guy, I thought they were idiots for getting rid of him. The grass is always greener.

Are we a talent rich team that is held back by coaching, or are we a sub par talent team that is kept relevant by coaching? It it hard to tell as a group. I love that we are a force to be reckoned with, but worry that we are not World Champion material.

I'm a firm believer in the notion that "you can't win the lotto unless you buy a ticket". Andy taking us to the playoffs consistently whilst being a dominant regular season team will surely take us to the SB sooner rather than later? I mean let's be real here, we've beaten most if not all of the top teams in the country, and we've won on the road consistently aswell. I know the playoff record needs to improve, but everything we've done over the last few years suggests we have the makings of being an SB winning team.

We already know as long as we have Andy Reid as HC we won't be a 2-14 team ever. Andy's floor is very high. I'm more interested in his ceiling. For all his success in the regular season what do we have to show for the playoffs? 1 wildcard win against Brian "frickin" Hoyer? Better than the previous coaches after Marty....but are you okay with that and nothing more?

I'm pretty tired of the discount our win gets because of Frickin' Hoyer. We would have beaten their real starter. We didn't get to choose. And when we earned the bye week, I think we would have beaten someone in the WC game. We earned ourselves out of the opportunity to say we won 2 playoff games and performed well in another (Indy).

But we needed the AFC Championship game last year, in my opinion. And we didn't get there. Wanted the SB but the AFCC was my minimum, so I wasn't [fill in the blank]. This year it is SB or bust and we have to play better defensively and convert first downs to seal games like we did in the 10 game win streak.

I mean, isn't the equivalent of 2 playoff wins over four years still not good enough? We can still be disappointed without discounting our win and ignoring the second seed we got. Saying we were bounced in the Division Round twice, lost in the WC Round once, and missed the playoffs one year is already a shit-we-need-to-do-more summary.

5-2 and first place in AFC West vs very difficult schedule is the most imporstant fact.

And th3bfsct we get more home games this next half of play with the schedule in our favor. Heck even if we split with Denver and Oakland, we still can win it out right because I see 11-5 winning the division and possibly 2nd seed. I want it all though and would love to go 13-3 or 12-4 for the first seed. I think both NE and Pitt loses at least 4.

No I perceive negativity with someone who constantly moans about the team despite us being top of our division and being the last team to be beaten in the entire country.

The team has some serious problems. Sorry if I’m not a sunshine pumper who’s happy making the playoffs and then losing. What has being the last undefeated team ever gotten the Kansas City Chiefs? Thought so.

The team has some serious problems. Sorry if I’m not a sunshine pumper who’s happy making the playoffs and then losing. What has being the last undefeated team ever gotten the Kansas City Chiefs? Thought so.

The Patriots, who had "the worst defense in NFL history" just a few weeks ago, didn't do too bad yesterday, did they? Put down the tissue box buddy, you'll feel better for it :D

The Patriots, who had "the worst defense in NFL history" just a few weeks ago, didn't do too bad yesterday, did they? Put down the tissue box buddy, you'll feel better for it :D .

So you are putting us in the same boat as the Patriots?...lol. silly.

The Patriots, who had "the worst defense in NFL history" just a few weeks ago, didn't do too bad yesterday, did they? Put down the tissue box buddy, you'll feel better for it :D .

You’re comparing apples to oranges; the Patriots own 5 SBs and have perhaps the greatest coach in the history of football. It’s kinda different don’t you think? And the Patriots defense is still bad.

Archived