When we lost five in a row in 2015

Do you have confidence that Sutton will make the adjustments to fix it or teams will continually exploit our defense? Unfortunately I don't have confidence in Sutton, especially when we have no pass rush and Houston is roaming the middle of the field instead of rushing the passer, Sorenson is being used as our ILB on every play getting killed in the run game and our defense diving at ball carriers instead of wrapping up. The defense may not be the 'worst ever' but they are regressing.

Sutton has done a really good job in KC with a defense which has almost never been healthy since he got here. The bend don't break scheme has been really good for us overall and a great adjustment by him in my opinion. But now he's got to find something else with maybe his most hamstrung talent wise defense.

We can't stop run without committing safety in the box, and can't play a lot of man to man he much prefers because we've got several weak links in secondary. He really needed to mix things up more and gamble more going forward unless some injured players come back and help in earnest.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have confidence that Sutton will make the adjustments to fix it or teams will continually exploit our defense?  Unfortunately I don't have confidence in Sutton, especially when we have no pass rush and Houston is roaming the middle of the field instead of rushing the passer, Sorenson is being used as our ILB on every play getting killed in the run game and our defense diving at ball carriers instead of wrapping up.   The defense may not be the 'worst ever' but they are regressing.

Since Sutton has been here we've enjoyed a plethora of wins. Surely he deserves a little more patience? It's not like we've lost five in a row again like we did two years ago. Mistakes have been made by both him and Reid but they are still a pretty awesome combination to have and hopefully, this little break has given them time to assess the situation and come up with some answers. I don't think the task is as big as people think tbh.

Do you have confidence that Sutton will make the adjustments to fix it or teams will continually exploit our defense?  Unfortunately I don't have confidence in Sutton, especially when we have no pass rush and Houston is roaming the middle of the field instead of rushing the passer, Sorenson is being used as our ILB on every play getting killed in the run game and our defense diving at ball carriers instead of wrapping up.   The defense may not be the 'worst ever' but they are regressing.

The defensive scheme has just been to soft and they need to get more aggressive. 

I'm hopeful with the extra time this week, Reid and Sutton sit down to ALOT of game film and figure it out.

The Broncos offense is terrible.  The Chiefs need to use this as an opportunity to pound on someone defensively.

For the most part, we've faced pretty good offenses with good QBs and talent.  Not so much with Denver.

I know the flavor of the week thing to regurgitate from Sports Talk this week is "This is the 2003 Chiefs' defense" and that notion is laughable.

This defense DOES have good players, pro bowl caliber players that the 2003 defense did not have.  The Chiefs didn't have 1 pro bowl player on defense from 2002 to 2004.

Andy Reid has like 187 career wins, I know it's hard for some of the fans, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he just might be able to help Sutton figure this out and have a good defensive performance on MNF against a bad Broncos' offense.

I agree with what both of you are saying. We have the talent.  Sutton has called PATHETIC games the past few weeks. 

That being said, I trust Reid to fix it (not Sutton).  We should look ok vs the Donkeys. 

I am worried that the Donkeys will try to pound the ball (much like the Steelers have done the last few times we've played them).

I agree with what both of you are saying. We have the talent.  Sutton has called PATHETIC games the past few weeks. 

That being said, I trust Reid to fix it (not Sutton).  We should look ok vs the Donkeys. 

I am worried that the Donkeys will try to pound the ball (much like the Steelers have done the last few times we've played them).

I live in Denver. Van Joseph has been on the radio/TV all week saying that they will in fact try and get their running game going to protect Trevor.

Since Sutton has been here we've enjoyed a plethora of wins. Surely he deserves a little more patience? It's not like we've lost five in a row again like we did two years ago. Mistakes have been made by both him and Reid but they are still a pretty awesome combination to have and hopefully, this little break has given them time to assess the situation and come up with some answers. I don't think the task is as big as people think tbh.

The problem is the big games, Indy playoff game and that defensive second half collapse and the Pats terrible game plan where we played that soft zone and just let Brady rip us apart two years ago.  Last years Pitt game the blame can be shared all around but the memory of Houston chasing Brown 40 years down the field doesn't do Sutton any favors.

steelers and raiders back to back on short rest.? how much did we loose by?   winning pct of teams we have played? team with the best record in the nfl has one loss, that came from us.. we have two...

and thats with nearly the entire offensive line out, our safety, and one of our possession recievers.. yeah dj and houston are looking like there playing hurt.. yes, we need to get our cornerbacks healthy..

but its far from the end of the world going into game 8

I live in Denver. Van Joseph has been on the radio/TV all week saying that they will in fact try and get their running game going to protect Trevor.

I'm NOT looking forward to watching a motivated Jamaal get more opportunities.. this game is one of the reasons he is now a donkey. He had more than earned the right to finish his career here. Dorsey grossly mishandled jc and j mac. I gotta believe played into his dismissal. Same contract we gave spiller, laughable. Hopefully we can tighten up on d and stop jamaals shot at playing spoiler to the organization that cut bait a bit too premature on the franchise's leading rusher.

I'm NOT looking forward to watching a motivated Jamaal get more opportunities.. this game is one of the reasons he is now a donkey. He had more than earned the right to finish his career here. Dorsey grossly mishandled jc and j mac. I gotta believe played into his dismissal. Same contract we gave spiller, laughable. Hopefully we can tighten up on d and stop jamaals shot at playing spoiler to the organization that cut bait a bit too premature on the franchise's leading rusher.

Jamaal would sure look good as Kareems backup right about now.

As Chiefs fan we know what happens next. I won’t be surprised if JC gashes this D tomorrow night.

What do you mean by we know what happens next? Is there some history at play here or something I'm not remembering?

Not with Charles there isn’t. I remember Succop beating us last year but obviously that’s different because he’s a K. I was just one who really thought JC had something left in his tank, and won’t be surprised if he does some damage tomorrow.

Not with Charles there isn’t. I remember Succop beating us last year but obviously that’s different because he’s a K. I was just one who really thought JC had something left in his tank, and won’t be surprised if he does some damage tomorrow.

I think most Chiefs fans thought he could come back and still be productive. His role there makes sense and I agree we will likely see him play well. He's the best RB we've ever had and I've got nothing but respect for the guy.

Archived