Missing on Brandon Carr

This offseason Brandon Carr hit Free Agency. Ultimately he signed with Baltimore, just like Jeremy Maclin did. However, I understand why the Chiefs had no interest because of the small sample size they say in Terrence Mitchell. But after watching Mitchell so far, he's a liability. Taller WRs are just out maneuvering him for the ball, and a taller CB like Brandon Carr would likely fare much better and defend much better as well.

If not for Mitchell replacing Phillip Gaines and keeping him off the field would be the biggest reason enough. Of course the Chiefs didn't foresee Steven Nelson getting hurt and putting Gaines into the game. Them again, Gaines is just so terrible that Brett Veach really needs to have contengency plans in place like this to keep the Chiefs from being so vulnerable at that position.

He played poorly for sure. All the DBs did. Even Peters. Mitchell will be fine I think. These guys need some time off and will be back to playing well. I am more concerned with Peters. I hope he can handle this adversity without self destructing. He has gotten lit up a little over the past few games. The break has come at a good time.

He played poorly for sure. All the DBs did. Even Peters. Mitchell will be fine I think. These guys need some time off and will be back to playing well. I am more concerned with Peters. I hope he can handle this adversity without self destructing. He has gotten lit up a little over the past few games. The break has come at a good time.

He didn't give up anything against the raiders.

He didn't give up anything against the raiders.

Many easy first downs against humanity him and the long touchdown to Cooper in zone when Cooper came from left to right across the field. Cooper making the catch, fine. But Parker and Peters were neither one their to challenge the catch or make the tackle.

It’s no big deal. They had a bad game. Who cares. But Peters is a proud dude and very emotional. I worry about him coming unglued.

Mitchell has been fine. I font understand the hate on him.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan but he's far from the problem with this team.  He got pushed off for the one TD and half the hards he gave up were on that one play.     Gaines and Murray were far bigger problems Thursday night.

This is a ridiculous thread.   No way do I want a retread who was never as good as that 2nd contract he got.   While I'm not super happy with the secondary, we will be getting back our 2nd best DB in a week which will get Gaines off the field so much and you can't predict Berry's injury.  Besides Murray actually has talent, so while he sucked it up he has the ability to learn from it and the experience will probably pay off for us next year.

I don't think Mitchell is that bad. Decent #2 CB.

No one can cover the other teams #1 WR for 3 to 5 seconds. NO ONE.

That's what we've been asking both Mitchell and Gaines to do.

Peters does not have to worry too much about it because he is always facing the opponents #3 WR, and he usually wins that battle.

But Mitchell and Gaines are always facing the teams #1 or #2 WR.

Normally I’d say gross and he doesn’t fit our man 2 man D........well with running 90% zone scheme I think Carr could of shined. Probably cost was more than anything

Actually...

1-Year Contract - $23M($4M signing bonus) + 3 Option Years

2017: $2M

2018: $4.5M(Option Year)

2019: $4.5M(Option Year)

2020: $4.5M(Option Year)

Archived