Should all the focus at the next draft be centred around the defence?

If we get a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith, we could potentially have two picks in that round and, with the current defensive issues we've seen this season, would yall feel inclined to pick mainly defensive players regardless of whether we reach the SB or not? I think I would tbh. I'd get a talented CB first, then an inside linebacker. Those would be my round two picks. Third round I'd get an outside linebacker, then in the fourth round a free safety. After that I'm looking at a defensive end and a guard for rounds five and six respectively. Round seven perhaps we could take a chance on another inside linebacker.

Then I'd get me a WR and RB in free agency probably. But yeah should we go all out for defensive players next draft yall? And if not, what would you suggest we do? 

If we get a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith, we could potentially have two picks in that round and, with the current defensive issues we've seen this season, would yall feel inclined to pick mainly defensive players regardless of whether we reach the SB or not? I think I would tbh. I'd get a talented CB first, then an inside linebacker. Those would be my round two picks. Third round I'd get an outside linebacker, then in the fourth round a free safety. After that I'm looking at a defensive end and a guard for rounds five and six respectively. Round seven perhaps we could take a chance on another inside linebacker.

Then I'd get me a WR and RB in free agency probably. But yeah should we go all out for defensive players next draft yall? And if not, what would you suggest we do?

Bpa.....if it is an area we need then great. I would also look at some FA types because we can get a lot of cap space cleared up too

We have scouts at most games.

Well, apparently it was one of the "scout directors" or something like that. So maybe a little higher than your average scout? Regardless though I'm just trying to figure out who they might have been watching. Because apart from Darnold, there aren't many players on either side with a whole bunch of hype. 

Well, apparently it was one of the "scout directors" or something like that. So maybe a little higher than your average scout? Regardless though I'm just trying to figure out who they might have been watching. Because apart from Darnold, there aren't many players on either side with a whole bunch of hype.

Notredame has some studs across the board.

Archived