2015 Draft. Marcus Peters VS passrusher Bud Dupree

Bud plays for the Steelers. Did we take the right guy? Bud went about 5 picks later. We traded up for Peters too i think. not sure.

The obvious answer here is Dee Ford. The year before the Marcus Peters pick, they took Dee Ford with their 2014 1st Round Pick. With Justin Houston and Dee Ford on each side of the defensive line.

Now if you remember, the Chiefs largest weekends was at CB. The starters were Sean Smith and Marcus Cooper. Peters was by far the better choice for the Chiefs.

I was concerned about Peters because he had baggage coming out of college. But there was no denying his talent. If he hadn't had his "issues" he may very well have been a top 10 pick. Now that having been said...Peters quickly made a name for himself as a ballhawk. And then teams were afraid to throw his way. Times have changed. Now teams are more willing to test him and they have been rewarded. Peters does not look as tough as he did the past 2 years. The only 2 plays I remember from the Oakland Raiders game that involved Peters was the late hit on Carr as he was going down and the long PI call that set up a touchdown. That isn't good.

Archived