3rd week in a row

So then would you have loved him to play this year and prove others who don't believe what you just said wrong? It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Or do you not wish that upon your worst enemy? Is that a crime against football, in other words?

I realized that in my first response, I probably didn't answer your questions, so here goes:

1) Kaepernick opted out of his contract, and the 49ers are better for it. Kaepernick went 1-10 with the Chip Kelly scheme, and 1-7 with the Tomsula scheme. Even if Kaepernick by virtue of being Kaepernick helps the team to a win or two by a series of explosive plays, it would have been only against terrible teams, and not near enough to make potential free agents think that the 49ers are setting up for their future. Kaepernick has sufficiently proven that he doesn't make terrible teams substantially better. His best days were with some of the league's best-ever teams.

2) I don't have time to watch bad football, and I feel sorry for those whose fanship dictates that they have to set aside precious life to watch their team play badly season after season. The 49ers are in the beginning stages of a total rebuild, and they won't be good for at least a couple of years. By Kaepernick being gone, there is inherently a light at the end of the tunnel. Having Kaepernick as a starting quarterback was a constant guarantee of fundamentally terrible football: A herky-jerky offense never fully redeemed by the occasional explosive play, draining the life out of an otherwise capable defense taxed and tired by excessively repeated trips to the field.

3) The NFL caught up to my viewpoint concerning Kaepernick. Many fans are still lagging behind, but that's always going to be the case. Since 2012 I've been saying that explosive football is no excuse for fundamentally bad football, and five years isn't going to change the perception of fans who correlate explosive football directly to good football. They are not the same, but those fans just don't know better.

I realized that in my first response, I probably didn't answer your questions, so here goes:

1) Kaepernick opted out of his contract, and the 49ers are better for it. Kaepernick went 1-10 with the Chip Kelly scheme, and 1-7 with the Tomsula scheme. Even if Kaepernick by virtue of being Kaepernick helps the team to a win or two by a series of explosive plays, it would have been only against terrible teams, and not near enough to make potential free agents think that the 49ers are setting up for their future. Kaepernick has sufficiently proven that he doesn't make terrible teams substantially better. His best days were with some of the league's best-ever teams.

2) I don't have time to watch bad football, and I feel sorry for those whose fanship dictates that they have to set aside precious life to watch their team play badly season after season. The 49ers are in the beginning stages of a total rebuild, and they won't be good for at least a couple of years. By Kaepernick being gone, there is inherently a light at the end of the tunnel. Having Kaepernick as a starting quarterback was a constant guarantee of fundamentally terrible football: A herky-jerky offense never fully redeemed by the occasional explosive play, draining the life out of an otherwise capable defense taxed and tired by excessively repeated trips to the field.

3) The NFL caught up to my viewpoint concerning Kaepernick. Many fans are still lagging behind, but that's always going to be the case. Since 2012 I've been saying that explosive football is no excuse for fundamentally bad football, and five years isn't going to change the perception of fans who correlate explosive football directly to good football. They are not the same, but those fans just don't know better.

Are you telling me that Harbough should have started Smith over Kaep in that playoff run?

Kaep took em to the SB and almost won after a blackout caused the 9ers to gain momentum and allow their big play making QB to shine like the star he was.

Remember that beat’s commercial Kaeperjack starred in? “Im the man im the man im the man, yes I am yes I am yes I am”

Archived