Steven Nelson..how highly do you rate him?

Found this in Arrowhead Pride written in the middle of training camp. Fits my belief this guy is legit and ascending. Let's hope he can get back up to speed over the next month and really help at crunch time of this season. If he can, this would be a massive upgrade in the slot but also a tackled to help in run defense and a guy that won't give up 200 yards to anyone on the outside. Losing Berry stung big time. This looks like it was a dagger too.

3. This team needs Steve Nelson to be healthy.

I can’t stress how much I’m beginning to think the key to this Chiefs team having one of the best defenses in the league is Steve Nelson.

Think about it. Here’s your (healthy) base 3-4 defense:

DL: Allen Bailey, Bennie Logan, Chris Jones

ROLB: Dee Ford

LILB: Derrick Johnson

RILB: Ramik Wilson

LOLB: Justin Houston

LCB: Marcus Peters

SS: Eric Berry

FS: Ron Parker

RCB: Steve Nelson

As has been well documented, Nelson’s best coverage comes in the slot, but after watching a week of camp, I believe he’s the Chiefs’ most formidable option at right cornerback.

Found this in Arrowhead Pride written in the middle of training camp. Fits my belief this guy is legit and ascending. Let's hope he can get back up to speed over the next month and really help at crunch time of this season. If he can, this would be a massive upgrade in the slot but also a tackled to help in run defense and a guy that won't give up 200 yards to anyone on the outside. Losing Berry stung big time. This looks like it was a dagger too.

3. This team needs Steve Nelson to be healthy.

I can’t stress how much I’m beginning to think the key to this Chiefs team having one of the best defenses in the league is Steve Nelson.

Think about it. Here’s your (healthy) base 3-4 defense:

DL: Allen Bailey, Bennie Logan, Chris Jones

ROLB: Dee Ford

LILB: Derrick Johnson

RILB: Ramik Wilson

LOLB: Justin Houston

LCB: Marcus Peters

SS: Eric Berry

FS: Ron Parker

RCB: Steve Nelson

As has been well documented, Nelson’s best coverage comes in the slot, but after watching a week of camp, I believe he’s the Chiefs’ most formidable option at right cornerback.

Mitchels Style may be better in slot coverage? Nelson at corner Mitchell at slot.

How did yall feel he got on yesterday? I thought he done very well tbh and a clear upgrade on Gaines. IF we had Nelson against Pitt, then I think the result may have been different.

He was an obvious upgrade in the slot.. Hopefully as he gets back we will give him the base d reps as well

Archived