Great KC story about Marcus Peters

I definitely see him a little differently after reading this. He actually does give a ton back to the inner city he grew up. And not just a lot of money but a lot of his own time. Somehow he's got to keep his emotions under control on the field, but hard not to respect his perspective. Even if I don't fully understand it.   

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article180399941.html

Good for him. Even though Ian worried he is on the verge of melting down, I am rooting for him. Sure selfishly, but also for him personally. He has been a good law abiding citizen here as far as I know. He has played his heart out. I don’t know what else you can ask. He and Kelce are emotional guys. That’s why they are as good as anyone in the league. Physical talent, sure, but also crazy drive.

They are both good guys even if they piss us off with their temper.

Good for him. Even though Ian worried he is on the verge of melting down, I am rooting for him. Sure selfishly, but also for him personally. He has been a good law abiding citizen here as far as I know. He has played his heart out. I don’t know what else you can ask. He and Kelce are emotional guys. That’s why they are as good as anyone in the league. Physical talent, sure, but also crazy drive.

They are both good guys even if they piss us off with their temper.

I've been very down on him this year and believe the off field issues have hurt his play. But it's good to hear he actually does care about and support the community he kneels for. I think after reading this I just see a very loyal guy that needs to understand when he's wearing the uniform his loyalty should be here first. His emotions as a 24 year old scare me still.

Archived