Anyone hear anything?  I haven't heard a peep about where he is in terms of being able to contribute at some point in 2017.  The PUP only kept him out the first six-weeks.  Since we're in week eight I would have thought there would be some news.  If he can go, the Chiefs sure could use a bit of his old magic coming off the bench here and there.  That's assuming he has anything left in the tank...

All Andy said was he's doing ok. Tamba said on Twitter a few weeks ago he hoped to be back in a few weeks. And added some pictures of him working out. But that's it. One odd deal after his tweets ranting about how healthy he was in July. We know he has bone on bone knee issues which usually means full replacement for most people.

I doubt Tamba has much left in the tank...at least as an effective pass rusher. He was solid in run support and certainly supplies leadership on the field. Just seems odd he complained about not playing more in the playoff game and then had to be put on PUP to start the season. Mixed message there. 

I doubt Tamba has much left in the tank...at least as an effective pass rusher. He was solid in run support and certainly supplies leadership on the field. Just seems odd he complained about not playing more in the playoff game and then had to be put on PUP to start the season. Mixed message there.

I don't know. Tamba has always been pretty average vs run which is likely why he played so little vs Pitt. Surprising thing last year despite just 3 sacks he was still a productive pass rusher. Even with the decrease in playing time, Hali still posted an overall PFF grade of 81.4, which ranked 21st out of 106 edge defenders in 2016, notching 43 total pressures and a pass-rush productivity score of 9.1. If we could get even that the last 6 weeks into January it could really help. But no idea what's going on.

I don't know. Tamba has always been pretty average vs run which is likely why he played so little vs Pitt. Surprising thing last year despite just 3 sacks he was still a productive pass rusher. Even with the decrease in playing time, Hali still posted an overall PFF grade of 81.4, which ranked 21st out of 106 edge defenders in 2016, notching 43 total pressures and a pass-rush productivity score of 9.1. If we could get even that the last 6 weeks into January it could really help. But no idea what's going on.

Tamba is good in small doses, which was the case in previous years. I think he could provide a nice boost this year as well just don't have to expect him to keep it up all game long every week.

Tamba is good in small doses, which was the case in previous years. I think he could provide a nice boost this year as well just don't have to expect him to keep it up all game long every week.

Yea but, I think it's sort of a bad situation when we are awaiting the return of a "past his prime" player to return to the lineup. That says a lot about our Talent pool. More specifically Ford and Kpass not being ready yet.

I mean what are we really expecting from Tamba, when our pass rush is so shitty right now..

Problem is I don't even know why he's out right now to begin with. Is this something beyond knee issue or did he try some sort of experimental treatment or what the heck? I'm not counting on anything from him, but at least its possible he could still help us. Just a very odd situation.

Tamba has gotten better over the years at all things OLB. His smarts are what we need now.

He's certainly better than Dee Ford 

(Dee is kinda like Jeff George . . . million dollar physical assets . . . ten cent head)

Zombo is OUTPLAYING Ford

Gimme 15-20 play of Tamba and Zombo the rest of the time. Bring in Ford on late game drives where they have to pass.

Yea but, I think it's sort of a bad situation when we are awaiting the return of a "past his prime" player to return to the lineup. That says a lot about our Talent pool. More specifically Ford and Kpass not being ready yet.

I mean what are we really expecting from Tamba, when our pass rush is so shitty right now..

The lack of production from Ford and the rest was probably the reason Dorsey paid Hali 2 years after drafting his replacement. It's sad that we have to wait for the return of an oft-injured vet who constantly had knee problems for years.

Problem is I don't even know why he's out right now to begin with. Is this something beyond knee issue or did he try some sort of experimental treatment or what the heck? I'm not counting on anything from him, but at least its possible he could still help us. Just a very odd situation.

The vagueness of his status is the annoying part. Reid says he's doing okay but never states the initial issues so I'm guessing last year's knee issues are persisting may be? Regardless he could end up being a decent rotational contributor at OLB but I doubt he would still be on the roster if he didn't have huge dead money attached to his new contract.

All Andy said was he's doing ok. Tamba said on Twitter a few weeks ago he hoped to be back in a few weeks. And added some pictures of him working out. But that's it. One odd deal after his tweets ranting about how healthy he was in July. We know he has bone on bone knee issues which usually means full replacement for most people.

Is this true or rumor? If he's running bone on bone in his knee he'll never be effective over the long run again. Best we can hope for is short periods of effectiveness. I've been there. It sucks hard.

Archived