Please stop ChiefsSP

You honestly think beating Denver would make it stop?

You would sure think that if we are 6-2 and in total command of the division after a brutal 8 game stretch and all these injuries that it would at the very least slow the sky is falling avalanche of posts. It's up to the Chiefs to get this done though. If we lose though, OUCH!

Cmon Chiefs. We didn't hear much from him the past 5 weeks and now every single post we seem to have the worst team in the league. Please beat Denver and make it stop! :D :D

You’re nuts, and not being factual. I’ve been very active on this board since the beginning of the season, and not just in the GDT. If calling out the Chiefs 28th ranked defense is illigitimate to you that’s your problem. Stop spreading fake news.

I’m not upset, just puzzled as to why I deserved my own thread. ????

I went string to string yesterday right before I wrote this and literally read negative post after post that even went beyond defense. Seemed out of place for a 5-2 first place team. You aren't the only one, but it grew tiresome and I saw your name the most. I'd apologize but there was absolutely no malice involved st all. Call you king of the pessimists. You'd call it realist. All good.

And zero doubt some of the issues you bring up are very legit and concerning. But that said we are also only team to beat Philly and win at NE and are in first place. There's a lot of really good things going on here both for now and the future.

In the end though we need to win on Monday and that does more to quiet critics than anything I could possibly say 6-2 with at least a 2 game division lead and the weaker half of our schedule upcoming would be amazing. Certainly better than most projected. Lose and It allows everyone, even the Chargers back into a wide open race where criticisms will become more valid and more numerous v

I'm not looking for pessimists or apologists. I'm looking for realists. There certainly are those who are overboard with their criticisms of this team. At 5-2 we are in solid shape. But the apologists also go overboard in explaining away what are some huge flaws with this team. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

I went string to string yesterday right before I wrote this and literally read negative post after post that even went beyond defense. Seemed out of place for a 5-2 first place team. You aren't the only one, but it grew tiresome and I saw your name the most. I'd apologize but there was absolutely no malice involved st all. Call you king of the pessimists. You'd call it realist. All good.

And zero doubt some of the issues you bring up are very legit and concerning. But that said we are also only team to beat Philly and win at NE and are in first place. There's a lot of really good things going on here both for now and the future.

In the end though we need to win on Monday and that does more to quiet critics than anything I could possibly say 6-2 with at least a 2 game division lead and the weaker half of our schedule upcoming would be amazing. Certainly better than most projected. Lose and It allows everyone, even the Chargers back into a wide open race where criticisms will become more valid and more numerous v

I agree with you - I’ve been very pessimistic about the Chiefs. In my view, until they win a SB, it’s just the same old. Yes, we’re 5-2 and it looks like we’ve got the upper hand in the AFC West, but we’ve been down this path many times before. If we’d beaten Pittsburgh I’d feel much better about this teams chances in the postseason. But we didn’t. And then against a bad Raiders offense we make them well by allowing Carr to torch us for 417 yards...the 6th highest total given up by the Chiefs....ever!!! I desperately want the Chiefs to prove me wrong; in 25 years it hasn’t happened. Will this be the year?

On a side note, if you went through every thread before posting this that’s kinda crazy ????

I agree with you - I’ve been very pessimistic about the Chiefs. In my view, until they win a SB, it’s just the same old. Yes, we’re 5-2 and it looks like we’ve got the upper hand in the AFC West, but we’ve been down this path many times before. If we’d beaten Pittsburgh I’d feel much better about this teams chances in the postseason. But we didn’t. And then against a bad Raiders offense we make them well by allowing Carr to torch us for 417 yards...the 6th highest total given up by the Chiefs....ever!!! I desperately want the Chiefs to prove me wrong; in 25 years it hasn’t happened. Will this be the year?

On a side note, if you went through every thread before posting this that’s kinda crazy ????

Who said I went through every string? Every string I went to had negative comments. Also I can't stare at ledgers and financial reports all day at work without going stir crazy. This board is a perfect break for me.

More importantly do you really think the Raiders have a bad offense? I'm not buying that but if it's true they are sunk. They should be formidable because of that offense which is now healthy. They sure didn't win 12 games last year because of defense.

As for what we do in January, we've got to get there first. Clearly we've proven we can beat nearly anyone if we play well. But we aren't at the moment and need to get it back quickly to reaffirm our dominance over this division and give us another shot in the postseason. Weve got a veteran opponent with a really good defense and expensive WRs coming in here Monday. Won't be easy. Neither will trip to Dallas where we complete a brutal stretch of playing four of the leagues top five teams according to power rankings with us being the fifth.

Who said I went through every string? Every string I went to had negative comments. Also I can't stare at ledgers and financial reports all day at work without going stir crazy. This board is a perfect break for me.

More importantly do you really think the Raiders have a bad offense? I'm not buying that but if it's true they are sunk. They should be formidable because of that offense which is now healthy. They sure didn't win 12 games last year because of defense.

As for what we do in January, we've got to get there first. Clearly we've proven we can beat nearly anyone if we play well. But we aren't at the moment and need to get it back quickly to reaffirm our dominance over this division and give us another shot in the postseason. Weve got a veteran opponent with a really good defense and expensive WRs coming in here Monday. Won't be easy. Neither will trip to Dallas where we complete a brutal stretch of playing four of the leagues top five teams according to power rankings with us being the fifth.

The Raiders shouldn’t have a bad offense, but up until they played the Chiefs they did. They had no running game and their offensive line was struggling. Derek Carr was playing poorly also. Even after their explosion against us, they’re still the 23rd ranked offense in football. Point is that our defense allowed it to happen.

Archived