Byron Maxwell Available

The Chiefs have HUGE liabilities at CB. Terrence Mitchell just cannot defend against the jump-ball throws. On top of that, he rarely plays the ball, meaning he never turns his head toward the ball, getting him called for Pass Interference all the time. And teams are seeing this and continuing to expose Mitchell, who is not a #2 CB on a good defense.

And then Phillip Gaines, who is just outright terrible. It's really a testiment to how little quality depth the Chiefs have in the secondary.

Why Byron Maxwell? Well for starters, he's a bigger, more physical defender in the mold of Sean Smith in his days with the Chiefs before going to Oakland and sucking. Bottomline, Maxwell would be a huge upgrade over Gaines, and would likely take Mitchell's starting job. The Chiefs really need to scoop this guy up who used to be a member of the Legion of Boom in Seattle and if nothing else, might provide some leadership in the CB corps.

The Chiefs have HUGE liabilities at CB. Terrence Mitchell just cannot defend against the jump-ball throws. On top of that, he rarely plays the ball, meaning he never turns his head toward the ball, getting him called for Pass Interference all the time. And teams are seeing this and continuing to expose Mitchell, who is not a #2 CB on a good defense.

And then Phillip Gaines, who is just outright terrible. It's really a testiment to how little quality depth the Chiefs have in the secondary.

Why Byron Maxwell? Well for starters, he's a bigger, more physical defender in the mold of Sean Smith in his days with the Chiefs before going to Oakland and sucking. Bottomline, Maxwell would be a huge upgrade over Gaines, and would likely take Mitchell's starting job. The Chiefs really need to scoop this guy up who used to be a member of the Legion of Boom in Seattle and if nothing else, might provide some leadership in the CB corps.

AGREED!

There is no such thing as a perfect CB man. Mitchell is the best we got and has done well. Quit crying about a few games. You think he was going to be mistake free the entire season? Man o man. What kind of iceman are you??

The majority of those yrds have been like 3-4 Hail Marys. THAT HES BEEN IN POSITION ON. man, Phillip Gaines isn't even in the vicinity on more than half of his plays allowed. That dude is a Canadian football leaguer. He's absolutely atrocious

The majority of those yrds have been like 3-4 Hail Marys. THAT HES BEEN IN POSITION ON. man, Phillip Gaines isn't even in the vicinity on more than half of his plays allowed. That dude is a Canadian football leaguer. He's absolutely atrocious

Well I wouldnt say he wasnt in the vicinity. He doesn’t have the ball skill awareness we need him to have. But for some strange reason, he’s pretty clutch deep in the red zone

Regardless of how Mitchell is doing we need help at CB and Maxwell learned the trade in one of the most physical secondaries in the NFL. At this point he probably won't get a huge long term deal but wouldn't mind bringing him in just for this season.

Regardless of how Mitchell is doing we need help at CB and Maxwell learned the trade in one of the most physical secondaries in the NFL. At this point he probably won't get a huge long term deal but wouldn't mind bringing him in just for this season.

Agree

Darrelle Revis is also out there.  No NFL team seems to have expressed interest in him?  Would it be worth bringing him in for a look see?

There is no such thing as a perfect CB man. Mitchell is the best we got and has done well. Quit crying about a few games. You think he was going to be mistake free the entire season? Man o man. What kind of iceman are you??

Dude, you clearly don't watch Chiefs games. If you had watched any of the games, you'd see Terrence Mitchell and Phillip Gaines both getting burnt badly and outjumped for the ball even when they were in position to defend the catch and still failed.

Hell, even on plays that Gaines and Mitchell actually do come in contact with their hands, they just end up tipping it in the air for an easy catch to the WR.

Marcus Cooper and Will Fuller were having terrible seasons, and then end up having a career best game against those guys. Mitchell still deserves to atleast be on the field from time to time, but Gaines has absolutely NO BUSINESS on the field whatsoever.

Dude, you clearly don't watch Chiefs games. If you had watched any of the games, you'd see Terrence Mitchell and Phillip Gaines both getting burnt badly and outjumped for the ball even when they were in position to defend the catch and still failed.

Hell, even on plays that Gaines and Mitchell actually do come in contact with their hands, they just end up tipping it in the air for an easy catch to the WR.

Marcus Cooper and Will Fuller were having terrible seasons, and then end up having a career best game against those guys. Mitchell still deserves to atleast be on the field from time to time, but Gaines has absolutely NO BUSINESS on the field whatsoever.

Exactly Giving up Hail Marys still count and show a lack of skills 

You said Mitchell got burnt badly and was in position to make a play on the ball. That’s contradicting yourself right there.

I’m riding with Mitchell, not Gaines. Nelson is replacing Gaines and Mitchell is our #2

You said Mitchell got burnt badly and was in position to make a play on the ball. That’s contradicting yourself right there.

I’m riding with Mitchell, not Gaines. Nelson is replacing Gaines and Mitchell is our #2

I said that both players get burnt and outjumped defending the pass. I did not say that while defending a play in which either player was burnt, they also were outjumped for the ball.

Either you just can't comprehend the English language that well, or you're just looking hard for anything you can find to argue about. That is troll-like behavior. So in honor of not polluting this board, you should just be quiet.

I said that both players get burnt and outjumped defending the pass. I did not say that while defending a play in which either player was burnt, they also were outjumped for the ball.

Either you just can't comprehend the English language that well, or you're just looking hard for anything you can find to argue about. That is troll-like behavior. So in honor of not polluting this board, you should just be quiet.

Bitch you tryna fight? I’ll tomahawk chop your ass into lil ice cubes if you talk to me like that again

Marcus Cooper huh? He is back to WR? Reliving his college days. I don't remember playing him though.

On the other hand Amari Cooper had a big day on us though.

Sucks Marcus Cooper couldn't make it with us as a CB but ficticiously dominate us in your mind as a WR.

Marcus Cooper huh? He is back to WR? Reliving his college days. I don't remember playing him though.

On the other hand Amari Cooper had a big day on us though.

Sucks Marcus Cooper couldn't make it with us as a CB but ficticiously dominate us in your mind as a WR.

Whoops, I meant Amari Cooper. My bad.

Archived