Cousins ESPN Article

PAChiefsFan79

This part of the story is messed up - Dan Snyder is a prick:

The visitors locker room in Cleveland was buzzing. Cousins was standing by his locker, receiving celebratory handshakes and backslaps from teammates, when Redskins owner Dan Snyder and team president Bruce Allen entered the room-and essentially breezed right past him. Snyder, according to a witness, patted Cousins on the shoulder and kept walking.

Snyder and Allen were on their way to see Griffin, the dynamic multi-threat quarterback who was seen as maybe the future of the NFL. Griffin seemed annoyed that the team had given the start to Cousins, and would later confess as much to reporters. He felt his knee was healthy enough for him to play; the team's medical staff felt otherwise. Snyder and Allen were aware of the tension and sought to reassure Griffin that no matter what Cousins did, RG3 was still the Chosen One. Cousins is polite and charming but also a fiery competitor who has been dismissed his entire football career as "just a guy." On that day, he soaked up the scene and tried not to let the snub bug him. His teammates, however, were furious. When head coach Mike Shanahan heard what happened, he paid a visit to Snyder's office. "Kirk is a strong guy, and he can handle it, but his teammates are pissed at you," Shanahan says he told Snyder. "That's not the way you handle things. If you do that, you run the risk of losing the football team in the future."

I've been hearing for several weeks the situation there is becoming almost untenable and it has become almost likely he will end up in SF. If that does happen, it would be a reason I would walk out and not return to being a Redskins fan until Snyder was gone. You don't find a legit QB and let him go over what is simply the going rate for QBs in this league. Moronic.

Man, not sure if I am SF. Cousins is legit and I really like him, but they are on their way to a top pick in what people are saying is a block buster QB class. So you pay a solid QB huge money or take a chance on much higher up side guy for pennies. I think I would go for the rook and have more money left to rebuild.

Man, not sure if I am SF. Cousins is legit and I really like him, but they are on their way to a top pick in what people are saying is a block buster QB class. So you pay a solid QB huge money or take a chance on much higher up side guy for pennies. I think I would go for the rook and have more money left to rebuild.

Sf has soooo much cap space though. I'd pay him and they can still draft a top talent, and sign about 10 more guys!

Their cap situation is too good.

What has Cousins done? Not impressed.

What would you like him to do? Last year he threw for 1415 yards more than Alex's single season best. Each of the past two seasons he has thrown for 25 plus touchdowns, I'm sure you know Alex has never done that.

He is on pace this year for 4350 yards, 30 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. That would be three straight seasons of 4100 plus yards and 25 plus touchdowns and a low interception rate. It's not his fault they are 28th in defense. He's gonna get paid.

What would you like him to do? Last year he threw for 1415 yards more than Alex's single season best. Each of the past two seasons he has thrown for 25 plus touchdowns, I'm sure you know Alex has never done that.

He is on pace this year for 4350 yards, 30 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. That would be three straight seasons of 4100 plus yards and 25 plus touchdowns and a low interception rate. It's not his fault they are 28th in defense. He's gonna get paid.

He's been better than Robert Griffin III. That's not the same as being a quarterback that helps his team win games. He can chuck the ball everywhere. Great. What does he do when the season is on the line?

You're right: He'll get paid. He's still grossly overrated.

Are you suggesting that he's better than Smith?

He's been better than Robert Griffin III. That's not the same as being a quarterback that helps his team win games. He can chuck the ball everywhere. Great. What does he do when the season is on the line?

You're right: He'll get paid. He's still grossly overrated.

Are you suggesting that he's better than Smith?

Don't worry. Your statement doesn't pass the smell test or the eyeball test, in addition to not being backed by stats or logic.

On what basis?

Kirk Cousins hasn't been able to get his first long-term contract done. That in itself proves a lot: The Redskins won't pay enough to lock him up, and no one else will meet the Redskins' asking price. 32 General Managers don't agree with you, and Cousins lacks even one post-season victory. The burden of proof is on the argument for Cousins, not the argument against Cousins. If stats is all the argument for Cousins has, along with this supposed eye-test not presently validated by expert opinion, maybe there's something wrong with your position.

On what basis?

Kirk Cousins hasn't been able to get his first long-term contract done. That in itself proves a lot: The Redskins won't pay enough to lock him up, and no one else will meet the Redskins' asking price. 32 General Managers don't agree with you, and Cousins lacks even one post-season victory. The burden of proof is on the argument for Cousins, not the argument against Cousins. If stats is all the argument for Cousins has, along with this supposed eye-test not presently validated by expert opinion, maybe there's something wrong with your position.

32 gm's don't agree with what?

He's making 20 plus million so that means the redskins thought enough of him to keep him around again.

You are delusional.

No one matches up to Alex..

this has gotten obscene

32 gm's don't agree with what?

He's making 20 plus million so that means the redskins thought enough of him to keep him around again.

You are delusional.

No one matches up to Alex..

this has gotten obscene

Don't misrepresent me. I didn't say Alex Smith is the best quarterback in the league.

But to suggest that a done-nothing quarterback best known for being unable to sign a long-term deal is "wanted" the way true "Franchise Quarterbacks" are wanted is silly.

Archived