Stumbled on this gem from The Sporting News

The author should be shot

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-rumors-deals-philip-rivers-carlos-hyde-martavis-bryant-49ers-patriots/cg3p3011htkv1gueixvt4j24b

In a nutshell, the Chiefs should trade Mahomes to Browns for Jason Mccourty & D Kizer.  It's soo short-sided - Alex is old, we gave up a future first rounder and Kizer has been a bust so far.   

The author should be shot http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-rumors-deals-philip-rivers-carlos-hyde-martavis-bryant-49ers-patriots/cg3p3011htkv1gueixvt4j24b

In a nutshell, the Chiefs should trade Mahomes to Browns for Jason Mccourty & D Kizer. It's soo short-sided - Alex is old, we gave up a future first rounder and Kizer has been a bust so far.

Well, if we did trade Mahomes, he would look worse on the Browns team than here and Kizer would look better here than there.

But yes, that would be a stupid trade.

The author should be shot

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-rumors-deals-philip-rivers-carlos-hyde-martavis-bryant-49ers-patriots/cg3p3011htkv1gueixvt4j24b

In a nutshell, the Chiefs should trade Mahomes to Browns for Jason Mccourty & D Kizer.  It's soo short-sided - Alex is old, we gave up a future first rounder and Kizer has been a bust so far.   

That trade proposal was dumb.

That being said, what is the floor for trade compensation in order for the Chiefs to consider trading Mahomes and continue rolling with Smith?

I don’t think you change the plan. We have seen what can happen to a promising playoff team when your starting QB goes down. I don’t plan on going into the playoffs with Bray because Mahomes got a concussion.

We are good at QB. Best we have been in my memory.

I don’t think you change the plan. We have seen what can happen to a promising playoff team when your starting QB goes down. I don’t plan on going into the playoffs with Bray because Mahomes got a concussion.

We are good at QB. Best we have been in my memory.

Our QB situation is near the top of the league for sure. A QB playing at a really high level AND a big time talent behind him being developed. This is NOT the Chiefs we have known for decades. We actually sacrificed something for now to be better in the future. That's rare in this league with a top tier team like we clearly are. 

Jesus, every one of those trades is fucking moronic.

If I were a sports writer on bleacher report or something, as a troll joke, I would like to do a series of trade proposals where I simply list why one side would do the deal and never mention the other side at all. In order to keep it funny, I would have to find some type of parameters where it would make sense for the team acquiring the player and some type of realistic rationale but have no explanation for why the other team would do it. It couldn't be too obvious like saying how a team would love to trade for LeBron James. It would have to have some nuance to it. I wonder if anyone would catch on or if with just the nature of the stupid trade proposals they would just think it was another dumb proposal.

Our QB situation is near the top of the league for sure. A QB playing at a really high level AND a big time talent behind him being developed. This is NOT the Chiefs we have known for decades. We actually sacrificed something for now to be better in the future. That's rare in this league with a top tier team like we clearly are. 

That's right: Most top-tier teams invest in the quarterbacks that have already won them Super Bowls, and ride that train as long as they can. Out of the 19 franchises that have won a Super Bowl, only ten have won one with at least two different quarterbacks. And when you look at those ten teams, you don't find a single example of a team that won a Super Bowl after they traded up for a top-ten draft pick to obtain the successor. The Chiefs haven't copied a model for success. They've actually taken a path quite different from those of the franchises deemed to be models for the league. Rodgers fell to the Packers. Other were capable quarterbacks but surrounded by quality rosters.

Amazing: More than half a century, and not a single analogy to be found anywhere, and yet so many are convinced that the Chiefs are executing a tried and true blueprint for success. Years of propaganda by Kansas City beat-writers certainly have had an effect on the fans. Aesop had it right so many years ago.

Mahomes has never played a down in the regular season. Why so sure?

I just know what I see. Is that a guaranty? No. You are absolutely right. But Foles went to a Pro Bowl and I have more confidence in Mahomes.

So let me reword. There are backups who I would be shocked to see succeed. There are others, I would be shocked if they failed. Mahomes is the latter. Not many people have the latter.

I just know what I see. Is that a guaranty? No. You are absolutely right. But Foles went to a Pro Bowl and I have more confidence in Mahomes.

So let me reword. There are backups who I would be shocked to see succeed. There are others, I would be shocked if they failed. Mahomes is the latter. Not many people have the latter.

What's the threshold for 'success' or 'failure'? I'm sure we can agree that there are some excellent quarterbacks that never won a Super Bowl, but I've never met a Chiefs fan content with anything less than that.

I forgot Alex has already won us a superbowl, Phatal. Hold on I'm getting a call...

(What's that... Alex Smith hasn't won us shit except regular season games and a gimme playoff game? That's weird. And you say Phatal has a fucked up mancrush on Alex Smith that colors his judgement? Hmmm strange... well I'm in the middle of a post on the cc board so i gotta run. Thanks for calling.)

Sorry, had to take a call from Reality. Now where was I?...

I forgot Alex has already won us a superbowl, Phatal. Hold on I'm getting a call...

(What's that... Alex Smith hasn't won us shit except regular season games and a gimme playoff game? That's weird. And you say Phatal has a fucked up mancrush on Alex Smith that colors his judgement? Hmmm strange... well I'm in the middle of a post on the cc board so i gotta run. Thanks for calling.)

*shrug*

So many words, but you actually never address my contentions. Is it possible that my arguments challenge your preconceived notions?

Though they did not trade up, green bay was content on letting a rookie learn for a couple years behind Farve and Rodgers did well for them so far. Even if we do. With Smith it is not like he played as a hof type qb for years here. Efficient yes, great leader but not elite. Reid saw something in Mahomes and we jumped at the chance. Worse comes to worse we hold on to Smith for another year If we need to next year

You're dodging the question: When is a bird in the hand potentially worth two in the bush? What would Mahomes have to accomplish so that in the end moving on from Smith proves to have been justified?

Every player reaches the point where they can no longer continue their career in the NFL, and the Chiefs should have a plan in place for the day that Smith is no longer the best option available at quarterback. That being said, it's one thing to want someone better than Smith, but no one's even taken a stab at what exactly "better" would be.

Show me one playoff game since Alex got here he had a healthy J Charles or J Houston and I'd bite on us not getting it done because of him. Instead the fact is Alex has gotten better in the postseason than regular season and played well in both NE and Indy losses.

Show me one playoff game since Alex got here he had a healthy J Charles or J Houston and I'd bite on us not getting it done because of him. Instead the fact is Alex has gotten better in the postseason than regular season and played well in both NE and Indy losses.

Shhhh... i actually like Alex Smith but phatal has an unhealthy obsession with him.

That said i was a very outspoken proponent of us trading up for mahomes. Not for any qb, specifically only for mahomes. I think he has a bright future however i am fine with him sitting and learning for a while.

Phatal does not believe in potential, unless it's Alex's potential. He's also been in full meltdown mode any time the subject of qbotf comes around. I just like to stoke the fire.

It's ok though, he followed alex over here from san Fran. I guess i inherently distrust anyone who would abandon their team like that, even though i agree alex got a raw deal in frisco.

Shhhh... i actually like Alex Smith but phatal has an unhealthy obsession with him.

That said i was a very outspoken proponent of us trading up for mahomes. Not for any qb, specifically only for mahomes. I think he has a bright future however i am fine with him sitting and learning for a while.

Phatal does not believe in potential, unless it's Alex's potential. He's also been in full meltdown mode any time the subject of qbotf comes around. I just like to stoke the fire.

It's ok though, he followed alex over here from san Fran. I guess i inherently distrust anyone who would abandon their team like that, even though i agree alex got a raw deal in frisco.

You should distrust me less because I was right about San Francisco. I had a pulse on the league's quarterbacks before pretty much everyone else. That's just how it is.

Archived