Stumbled on this gem from The Sporting News

I forgot Alex has already won us a superbowl, Phatal. Hold on I'm getting a call...

(What's that... Alex Smith hasn't won us shit except regular season games and a gimme playoff game? That's weird. And you say Phatal has a fucked up mancrush on Alex Smith that colors his judgement? Hmmm strange... well I'm in the middle of a post on the cc board so i gotta run. Thanks for calling.)

Sorry, had to take a call from Reality. Now where was I?...

ROFLMAO!!!

All the staff is in love with Mahomes who has been considered a better prospect than Kizer. I'm guessing Hunt starts firing people as soon as someone in the Chiefs organization requests that trade.

Well yea

Keizer is going to suck

Called that

Shhhh... i actually like Alex Smith but phatal has an unhealthy obsession with him.

That said i was a very outspoken proponent of us trading up for mahomes. Not for any qb, specifically only for mahomes. I think he has a bright future however i am fine with him sitting and learning for a while.

Phatal does not believe in potential, unless it's Alex's potential. He's also been in full meltdown mode any time the subject of qbotf comes around. I just like to stoke the fire.

It's ok though, he followed alex over here from san Fran. I guess i inherently distrust anyone who would abandon their team like that, even though i agree alex got a raw deal in frisco.

The people who were Anybody But Alex, I couldn't stand. Those who wanted Lynch, bugged me a bit. But I have no problems with people who wanted Mahomes. He's been professional and has potential. Not that it's required to be respected if the starter, I appreciate that he has been and I don't think it's just lipservice. Kaepernick from day one would talk about never wanting to be the back up. I wasn't a Niner fan so I didn't even have the back up of just hoping for the team to succeed regardless of quarterback. I was a Chiefs fan who wanted Smith to do well in the other conference.

Shhhh... i actually like Alex Smith but phatal has an unhealthy obsession with him.

That said i was a very outspoken proponent of us trading up for mahomes. Not for any qb, specifically only for mahomes. I think he has a bright future however i am fine with him sitting and learning for a while.

Phatal does not believe in potential, unless it's Alex's potential. He's also been in full meltdown mode any time the subject of qbotf comes around. I just like to stoke the fire.

It's ok though, he followed alex over here from san Fran. I guess i inherently distrust anyone who would abandon their team like that, even though i agree alex got a raw deal in frisco.

It doesn't really matter because his time here is almost over. Now if we renegotiate his contract with the intention of keeping him beyond 2017, we will have another heated debate. I' really doubt that happens though.

I like Smith, and i really wouldnt be upset if we kept him for another year or maybe even two.. But I feel much better about having Smith as a QB, knowing I also have Mahommes.

Its good to hear good things about your backup quarterback, Its also nice to know if smith gets hit in the head again... we have somebody behind him, that at least has talent.

and yes, I believe that Mahomes will develop and be a very, very good qb.....  A Rifle for an arm, natural pocket presence. Can deliver from any platform.. and has some vision. And he

is learning how to study professional defenses from someone who happens to be quite good at it.

In terms of whether Mahomes has "it"...id love to see us up 21 pts going into the 4th qtr and bring him in to get some game experience. It wouldn't really interfere with Smith's sales pitch for his team next year...as most teams would typically run the clock down at that point. I'm curious how well Pat would do.

In terms of whether Mahomes has "it"...id love to see us up 21 pts going into the 4th qtr and bring him in to get some game experience. It wouldn't really interfere with Smith's sales pitch for his team next year...as most teams would typically run the clock down at that point. I'm curious how well Pat would do.

Most likely Andy would have him hand it off 3 times, run clock, punt and then put in our stellar "prevent" defense.

Archived