Trade deadline thread!!

With the trade deadline now just around the corner, I figured I'd start a thread so folks could discuss who they'd like the Chiefs to bring in or any rumours that are floating around. 

The general consensus seems to be that we should bring in a CB, FS or ILB to help out the team? So who out there would be viable options? 

Alright guys!!..today is the day. I dunno why but I've still got a feeling that Vontae Davis could be heading our way. Saw an interview of him after the game on Sunday and he was talking as if he's off. And when you consider that Mitchell was dropped last night, it's clear Andy might wanna get some talent in at CB. 

Would also love to see Veach and co spring a surprise and get more help at safety or linebacker if possible. 

Would love to see the Chiefs make some moves for a DB, RB and or WR but no cap space.  Someone could always get cut though.

I think the bigger issue is that we've already traded a first and a fifth next year. The cap space they can always maneuver around. But I can't see them trading many more 18 picks. And certainly not for a guy like Vontae Davis who is a UFA after this season.

I think the bigger issue is that we've already traded a first and a fifth next year. The cap space they can always maneuver around. But I can't see them trading many more 18 picks. And certainly not for a guy like Vontae Davis who is a UFA after this season.

Yep. Gonna be hard for Veach to pull trigger on a guy we will only have for a few months. You don't see a ton of trade deadline deals for a reason.

Yep. Gonna be hard for Veach to pull trigger on a guy we will only have for a few months. You don't see a ton of trade deadline deals for a reason.

Wouldn't the cost for Davis be less then?

It sounds like the Colts are open to dumping Hilton and Moncrief as well.

Wouldn't the cost for Davis be less then?

It sounds like the Colts are open to dumping Hilton and Moncrief as well.

Absolutely. I'm not saying it's not possible, only that deals aren't very common because you bring in guys unfamiliar with your system and it takes time to acclimate. And then you lose the guy to free agency and a draft pick. I don't want to go overboard on the meaning of one fifth round pick but as Luv pointed out we'd be down to 4 picks next offseason. Veach is his own guy though and no telling for sure what he's thinking here as he's never been in this spot.

Well, as usual, Andy wasn't giving anything away today in relation to potential trades...

As expected, Andy Reid was quiet on his weekly conference call when asked if his Kansas City Chiefs would make any moves at the NFL trade deadline set for 3:00 p.m. CT Tuesday.

“I know (Brett) Veach is all over that,” Reid said. “That’s what he does, and so honestly I’m trying to get caught up on Dallas here because it’s a short week, so I haven’t spent much time in that area.”

LINK

I really hope Veach can pull a rabbit out of the hat somehow. CB, Linebacker or WR, anything to just get the fans hyped and give the roster a little boost as we move forward.

Archived