ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpgAdam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowFollow @AdamSchefter
More

With NFL’s trade deadline coming up Tuesday, Colts receiving inquires on CB Vontae Davis, per league sources. Talking to at least 2 teams.

Sounds interesting. Would yall be happy if we got this deal over the line? We have a connection there as Ballard left us to become their GM didn't he? So who knows!!.

is some footage from his form last season.

So what are the chances that one of the teams talking to the Colts are KC guys? Would really love this to happen as it would mean we'd have two elite CB's in our secondary. The way he shut down Hopkins in that video above was just brilliant. By having Davis it would put pressure on the QB for sure as he would have to be wary of which side he targets.

I would make the move if possible, but not sure we would have the picks IND is looking for unless Davis isn't going to go for much.

also, I wonder how difficult the transition is for CB to come to a new team and scheme 8 games in?

I would make the move if possible, but not sure we would have the picks IND is looking for unless Davis isn't going to go for much.

also, I wonder how difficult the transition is for CB to come to a new team and scheme 8 games in?

He's start instantly.

Bowman called plays for Oakland 5 days after coming at ILB.

May be there's someone on the Chiefs roster that Ballard is really high about. In that case I would imagine it would cost less to get Davis but still the asking price might be very high. Don't know what he thought about Ford back in the day but I would call it a great swap for both teams, with the Chiefs attaching a pick to the deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Chiefs have to regret not acquiring a good CB. Teams will continue to line up opposite of Marcus Peters and destroy either Terrence Mitchell or Kenneth Acker.

Peters, Nelson and Mitchell got it done last year and I think they can again this year.

Peters, Nelson and Mitchell got it done last year and I think they can again this year.

Got what done? The Chiefs didn't win a single playoff game. These players weren't good enough outside of Peters of course, to allow the D to go man to man in the secondary. Why is that important you ask? LeVeon Bell. Instead of Eric Berry forced to help out over the top for, Bell ran all over the D. Sure DJ was out, but still, Berry up in the box shuts down Bell.

So again, the Chiefs were forced because the lower caliber talent to limit Antonio Brown, allowing Bell to eat the D alive. If the Chiefs had quality CBs opposite Peters to play 1 on 1 coverage, then the Chiefs could've stopped BOTH Brown and Bell.

Could a would a should a. We didn’t have better CBs. Still did a great job of stopping TDs and taking the ball away. Just got to get back to that. We don’t have the horses to dominate the line or shut down WRs in man or LBs to dominate the middle. But we have a lot of solid lunch pail guys.

The same group was the strength of the team last year. Don’t think it is out of the question to see us improving on D.

Think we need to put Mitchell back in there as the starter and play Nelson in the slot. Those guys are not terrible. They could use some pressure to help them. They could use a second safety to help them.

Mitchell is better than he gets credit for.

Got what done? The Chiefs didn't win a single playoff game. These players weren't good enough outside of Peters of course, to allow the D to go man to man in the secondary. Why is that important you ask? LeVeon Bell. Instead of Eric Berry forced to help out over the top for, Bell ran all over the D. Sure DJ was out, but still, Berry up in the box shuts down Bell.

So again, the Chiefs were forced because the lower caliber talent to limit Antonio Brown, allowing Bell to eat the D alive. If the Chiefs had quality CBs opposite Peters to play 1 on 1 coverage, then the Chiefs could've stopped BOTH Brown and Bell.

They did a good job against Pittsburgh. You have to give them that.

All of the fretting about draft picks, and yet the Patriots have managed to get where they are because they bought ready-made talent with next year's draft picks. If they hadn't been bitten so badly by the injury bug, they'd be 7-1 if not 8-0. The Chiefs were right to pass on Davis, but not because he could cost them more picks. Good teams know where to spend their draft capital.

All of the fretting about draft picks, and yet the Patriots have managed to get where they are because they bought ready-made talent with next year's draft picks. If they hadn't been bitten so badly by the injury bug, they'd be 7-1 if not 8-0. The Chiefs were right to pass on Davis, but not because he could cost them more picks. Good teams know where to spend their draft capital.

Well, maybe because he's done for the year with surgery..

Could a would a should a. We didn’t have better CBs. Still did a great job of stopping TDs and taking the ball away. Just got to get back to that. We don’t have the horses to dominate the line or shut down WRs in man or LBs to dominate the middle. But we have a lot of solid lunch pail guys.

The same group was the strength of the team last year. Don’t think it is out of the question to see us improving on D.

Think we need to put Mitchell back in there as the starter and play Nelson in the slot. Those guys are not terrible. They could use some pressure to help them. They could use a second safety to help them.

Mitchell is better than he gets credit for.

Agree, Mitchell is better than he credits for.

Some people fail to realize that this guy defends the opponents best WR over 80% of the game. He doesn't have the skills/talent of a #1 CB, but he's always responsible for defending like one. 

Last year, Mitchell win/loss % was around 70/30 wins to losses. This year, his win/loss has been more like 40/60,

40% win, 60% loss.

Idk, maybe he's regressed a little, but I personally feel like Peters, Mitchell and Nelson are our best bets down the stretch. And from what I've seen from Acker the last 2 wks, Gaines looked better. At least would be around the WR when they caught the ball. Acker did not appear to handle himself whenever the WR performed any cuts. Dez ran a simple out pattern, and Acker was lost... 

Roethliburger had a pedestrian day with no TDs and an INT. We didn't lose that game because of our corner trio. But we did get to that game in part because of them.

Some people fail to realize that this guy defends the opponents best WR over 80% of the game. He doesn't have the skills/talent of a #1 CB, but he's always responsible for defending like one.

Last year, Mitchell win/loss % was around 70/30 wins to losses. This year, his win/loss has been more like 40/60,

40% win, 60% loss.

Idk, maybe he's regressed a little, but I personally feel like Peters, Mitchell and Nelson are our best bets down the stretch. And from what I've seen from Acker the last 2 wks, Gaines looked better. At least would be around the WR when they caught the ball. Acker did not appear to handle himself whenever the WR performed any cuts. Dez ran a simple out pattern, and Acker was lost...

You make a good point. As bad as Gaines was at least he was athletic enough to hang with MFL WRs. I am good with Nelson. He should get a few games to get back in the groove. He is fiesty and not afraid to stick his nose in. Just no more Acker starting.

40% win, 60% loss.

I agree with this completely. Acker bails everytime giving the underneath stuff up. He has no confidence in his speed. If teams had more patience they would just through outs and in routes on him all game

Archived