Chiefs have a golden opportunity

We have never won back to back division titles snd winning tomorrow would make it really hard for anyone to catch us. And it would clearly lament our status as a Super Bowl threat. Lose and we won't be able to get to the bye week fast enough to try and regroup while we keep everyone still in the race. Expect the Broncos A game, so we need to bring ours as well.

Time and time again when the chiefs seem to be faced with a season "big game" they fall short.

They should absolutely win this game. If not.. It's gonna be an epic fail.

I agree, they should win this game, but like you said, it seems like this team plays poorly when the ante gets upped. If they don’t win tonight then the 5-0 means little in my view because this team will clearly be heading in the wrong direction. And, there’d be no reason to believe they’d beat Dallas next week.

Liked what I saw from the guy who does the breakdowns on AP, if we win then it softens the last two losses, one is two our kryptonite and the other is a short week Thursday night game with BS calls which is always tough.  If we lose or if it is to close for comfort though, than we know for sure there is major issues with our team.  I think that is a good way to look at it, not that a win takes away all of our issues but it does help knowing it isn't as bad as it looks....

Bills front destroyed the raiders oline

Makes me really question our guys

Yes sir.. THIS^^

That narrative is quite disturbing to me. Our front was not able to make Carr uncomfortable at all...

The bills did play a lot of zone defense, which forced Carr to hold the ball a little longer than he did against us. But, our front has not been performing worth a damn as of late.

I swear, if Denver comes in here and puts on an Offensive Show of epic proportions,  I'm gonna completely lose my shit... 

Denver will be desperate, like Oakland was against us.   We have to match or exceed their desperation.  We're a better team.  I expect a win.   If we don't win this game, this division becomes pretty wide open and steeped in mediocrity for the rest of the season.   A division where 9-7 might suffice, and an early playoff exit would be expected.   If we win, the division race should be done.  It's that important.  

Denver will be desperate, like Oakland was against us.   We have to match or exceed their desperation.  We're a better team.  I expect a win.   If we don't win this game, this division becomes pretty wide open and steeped in mediocrity for the rest of the season.   A division where 9-7 might suffice, and an early playoff exit would be expected.   If we win, the division race should be done.  It's that important.  

I thought we were a better team than both Pitt and Oakland....

Nonetheless, we SHOULD win tonight. But I gotta feeling if we do win, it's gonna be very close.

I don't expect the offense to showcase very much if we jump out to an early lead. At that point, I expect Reid to try and rely on the defense to pull this one out, especially if we have a small lead. 

I thought we were a better team than both Pitt and Oakland....

Nonetheless, we SHOULD win tonight. But I gotta feeling if we do win, it's gonna be very close.

I don't expect the offense to showcase very much if we jump out to an early lead. At that point, I expect Reid to try and rely on the defense to pull this one out, especially if we have a small lead.

Prevent you from winning offense and defense in the same game?

Sanders is out! 

Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) said he will not play Monday night in Kansas City.

Sanders said he is "a week away" and plans to return for Week 9 against the Eagles. Sanders also revealed he was originally diagnosed with a "six-week injury" when he went down in Week 6, although Sanders "expects to easily beat that" timetable. It sounds like Sanders is dealing with a high ankle sprain. Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Taylor, and Bennie Fowler will round out Denver's three-receiver package. AJ Derby should also see more targets.

Mission accomplished. Whet a great first half of the season. Grabbed a 2 1/2 game lead in the division. Won a shootout in NE, beat the NFCs best in Philly, won an ugly type game vs Denver. This is how championships are won with teams that can win in different types of games. Most importantly for our future nobody in this division can match the Kelce, Hunt, Hill trio. Gotta work on that run defense in the second half of the season though. IE...hope those ILBs coming off major surgery start to get that quickness missing so far back. Unfortunately Dorsey ignored that position to long and now we are paying price. But at least there's some hope.

Archived