Deshaun Watson is already a superstar

Legend of AC

He played really well absent a few plays. He averaged 13.4 yards per attempt. Even if you were to take away the 72 yard touchdown and 59 yard touchdown, he would still have averaged 8.1 yards per attempt. Obviously, you don't take those away, I'm just saying a lot of times people's numbers are high because of two throws. Those plays definitely helped, but even without them, he did get a pretty high yards per attempt. I'm sure they want to work on his two interceptions. The third one was obviously in desperation and so I don't blame him for that.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951729

Guy has destroyed the entire league this year. Here’s hoping Mahomes is anywhere near as good! As Chiefs fans we’ll always be left wondering. Hope this isn’t 83’ all over.

What happened in 83? Oh, and yes I've been watching this Texans game and although Watson was intercepted three times, he was very impressive tbh. Watson is having the time of his life but as we all know folks are gonna be watching these guys closely and soon enough they will find a weakness somewhere in his game. Pat will be under pressure next season but we just have to trust in the process and hope that he can live up to the hype. Being compared to Rodgers is a tough thing to live up to. But hearing what Kelce had to say about him the other day has given me confidence that Pat is doing the right things behind the scenes.

Meh. I loved Watson in that draft. But You've got to win more than 3 games before I'd call anyone a superstar. And I thought you would at least wait for Mahomes first INT to start suggesting he's a bust. LOL

Well, you can think whatever you want, but he’s a special player already and his play shows it. When he figures out how to read NFL defenses he’s going to be scary.

If there's anyone who would post this it would be ChiefSP. Talking about "83 all over again" before Mahomes takes a snap.

I didn’t post this to slight Mahomes at all; I’m super pumped to see him play and excited for his talent. But, we traded up and took Mahomes when a lot of folks thought it was going to be Watson. It will be interesting to see how these two guys progress.

Well, you can think whatever you want, but he’s a special player already and his play shows it. When he figures out how to read NFL defenses he’s going to be scary.

I know most people thought the exact same thing about RGIii as a rookie too. I like the kid, always have. We will see. Gonna take more time than this and better than a 3-4 record for me to personally give him superstar status.

What really does piss md off is that I had to watch ugly Cowboys-Redskins game instead of that thriller.

I didn’t post this to slight Mahomes at all; I’m super pumped to see him play and excited for his talent. But, we traded up and took Mahomes when a lot of folks thought it was going to be Watson. It will be interesting to see how these two guys progress.

I think if this was Mahomes doing the same thing, but Chiefs losing the games, people would want to pump the brakes.

I think if this was Mahomes doing the same thing, but Chiefs losing the games, people would want to pump the brakes.

Perhaps, but it’s a team game, and that Houston defense couldn’t stop anything today. Watson most TDs ever through 7 games as a rookie - that’s impressive no matter his record.

Three interceptions, and one a pick-six. One of his four touchdowns came on a screen pass, and we all know how Chiefs fans feel about screen passes [when they're thrown by Alex Smith].

It's a little early to be calling "superstar".

RGIII had over 4,000 yards of offense, 27 TDs, completed 65 percent of his passes and only threw 5 picks while leading a team to a 10-6 record as a rookie. I'll say this though. Watson looks like his success he had at Clemson translates well to the NFL. In the end Mahomes has by far the better arm and will be better

RGIII had over 4,000 yards of offense, 27 TDs, completed 65 percent of his passes and only threw 5 picks while leading a team to a 10-6 record as a rookie. I'll say this though. Watson looks like his success he had at Clemson translates well to the NFL. In the end Mahomes has by far the better arm and will be better

As cool as I am on Watson, Mahomes has proven nothing. He doesn't get extra credit just because he's on the Chiefs' roster and has a rocket arm. Plenty of people have rocket arms and never do anything with them.

Guy has destroyed the entire league this year. Here’s hoping Mahomes is anywhere near as good! As Chiefs fans we’ll always be left wondering. Hope this isn’t 83’ all over.

You will be wondering like you always do.

Your the same guy that cried over us not taking lynch, getting Smith instead of Kap, that Denver was set with Osweiler.

Maybe you should let things play out a little before you jump the gun.

Watson sure has been a very nice surprise but so far he seems to be a better fantasy QB than he's a real starter. Obviously he's still learning and probably will be even better in the future but ever since RG3 I'm skeptical about any rookie QB. Even though coaches are supposed to be professionals they don't always take rookies seriously. 

As cool as I am on Watson, Mahomes has proven nothing. He doesn't get extra credit just because he's on the Chiefs' roster and has a rocket arm. Plenty of people have rocket arms and never do anything with them.

No doubt Mahomes hasn't earned anything yet although a big part of this deal is how he handles himself in pratcice and the film room. And I really trust Andy Reid when it comes to evaluating and developing QBs. He won't go with Pat next year if he didn't think he could win with him. So we will see. I'm very optimistic though we've drafted an elite level talent and put him in a very good situation to succeed. Same for Watson who was by far the most experienced QB at the top of this draft and went to a team loaded with talent and especially so at WR.

Archived