Chiefs Donks - Game Thread

We had 15 more first downs than Washington and won by 9 points despite an awful start. People have dropped a lot easier catches than that for us. It's part of the game. But whatever. Heck what happens vs Pitt is easy INT does t deflect to Brown for a long TD. . As I said the bar here has been raised. That's a great thing. Meanwhile we've flipped the script on the Donkeys and taken over this division. Can't really believe an Elway team has that bad of a QB situation and seems content with picking up our castoffs. We continue to break down walls and do things this organization hasn't done in decades. Just a matter of time before the Lombardi follows suit. I'm enjoying this ride. Added bonus watching our haters squirm.

Yeah the Broncos are up a creek with their QB situation. But it likely won’t last because Elway won’t stand for it. I really hope the Lombardi comes soon; this franchise deserves to see that success.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be in the extreme minority, but I don't mind the play call at all. What I do mind is that it must have looked so predictable formation wise, that Gruden was able to call it before the snap, and if he could from the booth, Denver could from the field. They must disguise plays like that better. And also instruct the passer that if it's not open, just keep running, or throw it away.

We can't just run the ball when we want to, so we have to have plays like this in our repertoire. I hope they keep stuff like this in. Just disguise and execute it better.

I agree in principal. It's just that we had their D reeling st that moment and I would have attacked single coverage and kept ball in Alex's hands to pretty much guarantee 17-0 lead. That said idea wasn't crazy at all and it was just executed very poorly. Tim Grunhard broke down play and said 2 of the four guys we needed to fool, bit on the Tyreek run. But when Tyreek started messing around with the ball trying to find the laces, he saw one of the LBs and S retreat backwards obviously sensing something was up. He also mentioned as you did Hill was deeper than he usually would be. Also consider we pulled trick red zone plays in both Denver games last season. They had to talk about this. And in the end it wasn't there and Tyreek has to be able to see it and just run the ball.

I agree in principal. It's just that we had their D reeling st that moment and I would have attacked single coverage and kept ball in Alex's hands to pretty much guarantee 17-0 lead. That said idea wasn't crazy at all and it was just executed very poorly. Tim Grunhard broke down play and said 2 of the four guys we needed to fool, bit on the Tyreek run. But when Tyreek started messing around with the ball trying to find the laces, he saw one of the LBs and S retreat backwards obviously sensing something was up. He also mentioned as you did Hill was deeper than he usually would be. Also consider we pulled trick red zone plays in both Denver games last season. They had to talk about this. And in the end it wasn't there and Tyreek has to be able to see it and just run the ball.

This was my point. We were running the ball effectively early. Kelce had softened them up.

Archived