Chiefs Donks - Game Thread

acker was better than gains..... but i do agree mitchell prlly would be better.. no question nelson was better than gains.. as well

the running game is a problem..

Elliot had 12 yards against Denver. Our run game will be fine.

Andy has to establish it. It was starting to work on the edge early and he stopped.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitchell should start next week assuming. Nelson, is a solid tackler we missed his physicality in the run game. Our offense is going to put up points against Dallas. I expect a shootout like the Oakland game - except we're on the better end this time.

Mitchell went from finishing up at starter to starter this year and didn't see the field today that I noticed. Acker didn't look great but give him a few more starts and we'll see. Peters had a great game as a ball hawk. Don't ask me about his tackling skills. He's not a complete CB by any stretch.

Mitchell went from finishing up at starter to starter this year and didn't see the field today that I noticed. Acker didn't look great but give him a few more starts and we'll see. Peters had a great game as a ball hawk. Don't ask me about his tackling skills. He's not a complete CB by any stretch.

He finished tackles tonight .

I dont want pittsburgh

I DO!!!..i want Pitt and nobody else. I want to put the record straight where they are concerned and there is no better time than the playoffs. I don't know why people are fretting!!!....the last two games have been very close and the law of averages says we've got to win one sooner, rather than later.

Anyway, reading this thread back has given me a laugh. We apparently have the "worst defense of all time", our "offense sucks", Hunt is crap, Reid can't call the right plays and we will never win another playoff game again. Yep, just another night of bed wetting in the chief kingdom :D 

The bottom line is we absolutely needed a win by any way we could get it. Yes, it was a scrappy, ugly win, but at least that shows we can win in all kinds of different ways. We blew away NE and Houston, and today our defense got the job done. Would yall rather we score a whole bunch of points like Houston and still lose? Denver have the best defense in the country and we put 29 points on them AGAIN, that's something that should be commended, not belittled.

The Dallas game should be another tough affair. But it's one we're more than capable of winning imo. Having watched them against Washington they were a little fortunate at times I thought. Washington were right in the game until the injuries became too much to overcome. 

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs go 14-2 in the season, that's how easy our schedule gets in comparison. Obviously it's not likely with so many injuries but still probable. 

Yep, and folks will still swear blind that we're "crap" and have no business being in the playoffs :D 

damn somebody asked reid if hill was left handed.. he said no, he is right handed but we had him throw with his left..,  then said  that was kinda of a dumb question...

that's not what he said.  He said it was a dumb questions because Hill is left-handed.

He also then said they won't call the play again basically.

Chiefs' fans are unbelievable.

16-10 point win, Denver got 6 points in complete garbage time, and people are still whining.

The Chiefs f*cked around last night and scored 29 points on the league's best defense and won by 10 against our #1 Division Rival

You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if that happened, would you? I mean, what would you have to moan about? :D

It just doesn’t seem realistic. The defense is a major cause for concern and when we play another competent offense (possibly Dallas) we’re in trouble unless we get turnovers. That’s not a recipe for success, but don’t take my word for it. Barring a miraculous defensive turnaround (which doesn’t seem likely given our personnel) this team will be one and done AGAIN in the playoffs.

It just doesn’t seem realistic. The defense is a major cause for concern and when we play another competent offense (possibly Dallas) we’re in trouble unless we get turnovers. That’s not a recipe for success, but don’t take my word for it. Barring a miraculous defensive turnaround (which doesn’t seem likely given our personnel) this team will be one and done AGAIN in the playoffs.

Then don't watch. 

Denver was only in the game for a few moments last night when they made it 20-13.  The Chiefs responded and kept it at a 2 score game the rest of the way out and were up 16 when Denver scored a garbage TD.  

The Chiefs didn't even play that well offensively and still put up 29 against the league's best defense.  How was the defense even bad last night?  Just because Denver ran the ball while being down 2 scores the whole game?  Who cares?  Let them run it, it eats clock and prevents big plays.  Denver literally had 1 good drive the whole game.  The Chiefs created turnovers and got sacks as well.

The crybabies are hilarious, all these years with Reid and Smith it's been "We can't win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith, he's not a top 5 QB.  All that matters is having a top 5 QB."

Now this year it's "defense wins championships". 

The defense really hasn't changed this year from any other season.  You're just now finding something else to b*tch about because Alex Smith is playing as well as any QB.

The NE defense has performed worse than ours this season and yet they've seemingly turned things around. I have faith our boys will do the same and yesterday was a good start. 

Archived