DEN gave the Chiefs the game, but the Chiefs tried to give it back.  One stupid play call almost turned the game around,  Two easy drops by Harris, one a TD, cost the Chiefs points.  I don't blame Reid too much for cutting down the offense.  The Donks couldn't pass the ball and no reason to give them another cheap turnover.  KC lost a game they had in the bag last week so let's be happy about an ugly win and go on from here.

Defense looked to be on track tonight. Offense was 2-12 on third down. Defense was on the field a lot.

Dallas will try the deep pass a lot. But they'll be ready.

Dallas will have no running game against us. Mcfumble sucks.

Happy we won, but this is a win I won't be watching again. Maybe a highlight video of the first quarter. Glad we didn't lose it.

I'm with you. It was ugly. But that's important to win those type of games. We had one on one matchups we could have exploited but I believe Andy thought he could just wait the game out with the lead because Denvers offense wasn't going to beat us.

Seriously..you have us beating Dallas that confidently? I know Elliott will be out..but our defense is so weak...any RB they throw in could do damage. Piss poor tackling is really starting to irritate me.

Dallas is a good team with or without Elliott that plays a zone defense which is a good match against our strengths. But Andy Reid knows how to beat that division like he now dominates ours. I think we will win even in a short week. But it's hardly a given. Expect a ton of Chiefs fans to make that trip. Great time for a bye week after that as well.

I'm with you. It was ugly. But that's important to win those type of games. We had one on one matchups we could have exploited but I believe Andy thought he could just wait the game out with the lead because Denvers offense wasn't going to beat us.

I do not envy the job of a coach (besides the paycheck). He can't explain that to anyone because that would just be bulletin board material for the Broncos the next time they play us. If they can't beat us there just get even more dirty. (Plus, media crazies. Second, you can't really save much but you can't show everything either. So I do wish we executed better and we should, but there was no reason to open it all up when Denver wasn't going to do anything.

But let's say that they convert the two point conversion and recover the onside kick? We could be in overtime because of stupid conservatism. But on the other hand if we try to be aggressive and don't score at the end with the field goal, they wouldn't have needed the two point conversion on and they recover the onside kick?

Furthermore, unfortunately pitt and Oakland exposed all of our defensive weaknesses...and Denver could have capitalized and won the game but their offense beat themselves over and over. Not to mention Andy trying to get cutesy with play calling when it should have been run it down their throat time. The play calling and decisions are very suspect. 6-2 feels good...wins over Philly and N.E. feels good...but the kc we saw last night is NOT the team that beat those teams..the dynamic had changed somehow...

I do not envy the job of a coach (besides the paycheck). He can't explain that to anyone because that would just be bulletin board material for the Broncos the next time they play us. If they can't beat us there just get even more dirty. (Plus, media crazies. Second, you can't really save much but you can't show everything either. So I do wish we executed better and we should, but there was no reason to open it all up when Denver wasn't going to do anything.

But let's say that they convert the two point conversion and recover the onside kick? We could be in overtime because of stupid conservatism. But on the other hand if we try to be aggressive and don't score at the end with the field goal, they wouldn't have needed the two point conversion on and they recover the onside kick?

We used the game plan circa 2013 to get that win. And that can leave you with little margin for error. But there's no team in football which commits less errors than us. And I think Andy was probably kicking himself and a little gun shy after Tyreek INT. Denver really committed to stoping Hunt which left Kelce especially in one on one situations. I thought we could exploited that even more. We definitely needed that last FG to seal game.

This team just continues to do what it has to consistently win games against all styles and calibers of opponents.

Bottom line is that we took on the #2 team in our division and beat them. After the first quarter we had a 2 possessions lead and I think we Harold a 2 possession lead the rest of the game. Could be wrong.

That is taking care of business. We will kick Dallas’s ass next week with or without Zeek. We did a lot of runners Ng clock. We could have ran it up if we wanted to, but why chance a pick 6 when you can just bang field goals and win.

The problem with the Hill pass play was not just calling the play. Apparently, he wasn't coached to throw it away and I don't know why he threw it with his left hand. And I don't know if he really considered the option of just running to get however many yards he could. He didn't have to throw it. The other option is that he thought he could get it there with his left hand and that's even worse. I wonder if the play with motivated by Poe's touchdown throw last year. If so, get that out of there. Cute is one thing, but stupid or trying to make some stupid point is another.

The problem with the Hill pass play was not just calling the play. Apparently, he wasn't coached to throw it away and I don't know why he threw it with his left hand. And I don't know if he really considered the option of just running to get however many yards he could. He didn't have to throw it. The other option is that he thought he could get it there with his left hand and that's even worse. I wonder if the play with motivated by Poe's touchdown throw last year. If so, get that out of there. Cute is one thing, but stupid or trying to make some stupid point is another.

He's left handed.

IIRC, Gruden called the play before the snap.  If he knew it was coming, then so did DEN.  Either the word was out that the Chiefs had installed the play or there was some tell that tipped Gruden and possibly the Donks off.

Our defense is also not SB worthy. I really would like Sutton/Reid to give someone else a shoot at ILB. DJ is downright terrible right now. It's like playing 10 vs. 11. He is always out of position, and not fast enough to recover anymore.[/quote

I disagree.. I tire of seeing him dive at opponents legs just as much as the next guy, and he has clearly lost a few steps, but I still believe his leadership n experience are something we will miss when he hangs them up.. I'm not happy with how the middle of or d is playing, and I for one love our middle backer depth, however aside from a missed diving attempt here n there or him being responsible for a wr on a drag route he is still easily our best option. Luckily for us I believe he will be our lb coach once he retires.

Our defense is also not SB worthy. I really would like Sutton/Reid to give someone else a shoot at ILB. DJ is downright terrible right now. It's like playing 10 vs. 11. He is always out of position, and not fast enough to recover anymore.[/quote

I disagree.. I tire of seeing him dive at opponents legs just as much as the next guy, and he has clearly lost a few steps, but I still believe his leadership n experience are something we will miss when he hangs them up.. I'm not happy with how the middle of or d is playing, and I for one love our middle backer depth, however aside from a missed diving attempt here n there or him being responsible for a wr on a drag route he is still easily our best option. Luckily for us I believe he will be our lb coach once he retires.

I'm not sure what you have been seeing, but DJ has been horrible. He is above average in pass defense, but his run defense is one of the main reasons our run defense SUCKS AZZ!

Denver gave that game away....

Defense is overrated....

ASmith is starting show he cannot compete....his throws got worse and worse as the game wore on....he will kill the playoff chances

When everything was working , Smith was letting it fly. The past few weeks when things have been more difficult, he’s turned back into throw it away Alex. I absolutely understand that there are times where throwing it away is the best thing to do, but the past three games I see him reverting back to being ultra conservative and last night was a prime example. Smith (and Reid to an even larger extent ) played the final two and a half quarters as not to lose, and that’s maddening to me. Our offensive game plan and execution after the stupid goal line halfback pass was worse than a prevent defense. I’m happy to get the win and a commanding lead in the division, but a team with a competent offense beats us last night. This team is starting to feel more and more like the team that went 9-0,13-3 and didn’t win a playoff game, though this team has a slightly better defense and a not as good offense. Even at 6-2, I don’t feel like this team is playing very good football in the second quarter of the season.

Archived