Denver gave that game away....

Defense is overrated....

ASmith is starting show he cannot compete....his throws got worse and worse as the game wore on....he will kill the playoff chances

Disagree. He didn't have a good second half or end of first half. There are weaknesses, but he's a competitor and he has played well in the playoffs before. He's played clutch before (and not so clutch, too). He's also played better this year so it should help come playoff time. Not saying that it will be enough or predicting a Super Bowl win, but I don't think this game shows anything. I think they respected Denver's D too much, Smith was off, and drops hurt.

Before anyone says that I'm explaining it all away, I do realize that he like every quarterback has his weaknesses, even in his good seasons. I particularly hate anyone using some game in the middle of the season, win or a loss, as evidence of what is to come. The NFL has ebbs and flows and while I acknowledge that there are weaknesses, we don't know what will happen.

I'm one of the biggest Smith haters on the planet, but I will admint he has been playing his ass off this season. I do like the fact that he does not turn the ball over. And with the way our defense has been playing, AS11 is really covering their butts by not throwin turnovers.

Denver really was taking the run away last night. They had 7-8 players in the box all night long. Since their DB's are so good, they can afford to do that and it worked. There were always more guys in the box than we could block....I felt bad for Hunt running against a brick wall last night. Tough kid he is.

I'm one of the biggest Smith haters on the planet, but I will admint he has been playing his ass off this season. I do like the fact that he does not turn the ball over. And with the way our defense has been playing, AS11 is really covering their butts by not throwin turnovers.

Denver really was taking the run away last night. They had 7-8 players in the box all night long. Since their DB's are so good, they can afford to do that and it worked. There were always more guys in the box than we could block....I felt bad for Hunt running against a brick wall last night. Tough kid he is.

Denver defense is the real deal. Oline looked better. Smith played well enough , no ints and some key runs. Give Denver D credit.

Alex has one turnover all season. Easy to take that for granite. Still looking forward to next year & the start on the Mahommes ERA.

Yes let's not overlook how good this defense has been this year.  They haven't given up a 300 yard passer all year, let alone 250 yards.  They've done this facing Dak, Carr, Rivers (2x), Taylor and Eli (albeit without his WR's) and now Alex.  I said it in the game thread, we are not going to face a defense nowhere near as good as this the rest of the year except for the rematch.

Yes let's not overlook how good this defense has been this year. They haven't given up a 300 yard passer all year, let alone 250 yards. They've done this facing Dak, Carr, Rivers (2x), Taylor and Eli (albeit without his WR's) and now Alex. I said it in the game thread, we are not going to face a defense nowhere near as good as this the rest of the year except for the rematch.

They will have folded by then. So it won't be tough

I'm not sure what you have been seeing, but DJ has been horrible. He is above average in pass defense, but his run defense is one of the main reasons our run defense SUCKS AZZ!

I'm seeing dj relying on throwing his body to submarine under blocks to try to make the play behind the line.. A few years ago when he started doing this everyone saw him as one of the best at his position in the game.. Problem is he isn't making that tackle anymore. I think this is something he learned through self scouting, but it's time to self scout again. When he use to submarine in he would come with force, keep his eyes on the ball carrier, and even occasionally try to get his hands on the ball carrier( I know crazy right). Now I believe he is relying on being a shin banger in the hole. I believe the lack of fire there is a career extending thing.. Problem is we all know it's almost over. Come on dj, go out banging! My point tho is ill take dj @75% over ramik, kpl or any other kid still trying to learn the game. Dj understands formations, alignments, n what the o is tryin to do.. Do some of the other kids have more physicality? Currently yes.. Come playoff time? Let's hope not.

Alex was somewhat victimized by his own receivers last night.  The Florida kid, Kelce and Harris each dropped easy passes which likely would have added 70 yards or more and a TD to Alex's final stats.  All 3 of these drops were on 20+ yard passes, so no Captain check down on them. Still, he missed some passes that he's been completing earlier this season,(like the streak to Hill) so not one of his better efforts.

Archived