Who plays CB?

With the sorry ending of the Raider game and the sorry performance of Acker tonight, who plays against Dez next Sunday?  Short week and defense slump makes it hard to be optimistic and the biggest issue is the lack of a shut down on the right side of the defense.  Well....that and the lack of a run defense.

With the sorry ending of the Raider game and the sorry performance of Acker tonight, who plays against Dez next Sunday? Short week and defense slump makes it hard to be optimistic and the biggest issue is the lack of a shut down on the right side of the defense. Well....that and the lack of a run defense.

Watching it again, first thing i notices is our dline isn't getting blown off the ball, the ILB, are making Zero plays.

It would be obvious we are in man coverage. I heard a pretty good explanation last year on the radio from a former Chief. Especially in zone, it is hard to know when to pickup and release guys. You move a guy to the other side and it makes it that much harder to know what your assignment is. If we run straight man every down we will get eaten up. So we have to change it up.

If I'm the opposing Off. coordinator in a 4 WR set I put the #4 WR, the one just called up from the practice squad, on Peters side then line up Dez Bryant, Odell Bechham, etc. on the other side.

Thomas against Acker was a good example of that.  Semian's poor play made it a mute point last night.

If I'm the opposing Off. coordinator in a 4 WR set I put the #4 WR, the one just called up from the practice squad, on Peters side then line up Dez Bryant, Odell Bechham, etc. on the other side.

That's what everyone does already. When is the last time you've seen Peters lined up across the field from the other's team #1?????

NO ONE puts their Top Flight WR on Peters side. Our pass defense suffers for this scheme by Sutton. You basically have to have two #1 CB's in this system, to be successful.

Archived