Marcus peters

I've been saying all season that Peters' is soft when it comes to tackling. Tackling is a pure fundamental like blocking. If he hasn't "learned/developed" this by now after HS, college and several years in the pros then I suppose he never will. He gets a pass because he intercepts the ball once in a while.

That was pretty chicken shit right there.

When I saw the Cam thing at the SB I knew he would never be a champion. To back away from a fumble in the SB? And call yourself Superman? That and this are just guys being scared.

Not going to crush him over it because he has made some great open field tackles, but that was embarrassing.

I've been saying all season that Peters' is soft when it comes to tackling. Tackling is a pure fundamental like blocking. If he hasn't "learned/developed" this by now after HS, college and several years in the pros then I suppose he never will. He gets a pass because he intercepts the ball once in a while.

He's a big time playmaker. Those are extremely hard to find and it certainly does get you a pass on a lot of stuff. Just a gigantic TD vs Denver plus another INT. Same thing he did to help us win in Carolina last year.

The kid is elite and still learning/developing. Let's not slaughter him over one error because his TD basically set the tone for us and helped win the game.

One error?  He wimped on an obvious tackle.  He carried an interception around like a loaf of bread and could have had it knocked out of his hand while scampering around for no gain.  He created a 15 yd. penalty after scoring for no reason.  That's in just one game.  Add in all the other bonehead actions over the past 2 1/2 seasons and it's easy to get down on him no matter the talent or record.  All he has to do is play every down hard and stop showing off and he'd be a great asset.

Jet..if you call that 1 error..you have only watched 1 game. I agree with the poster who said his head is getting big...it is. The strip was great..the TD was great...all occurred on one play..all credit to him..bravo. He has cost us points off of boneheaded pass interference calls over and over. I agree he is talented..but his last pick..running with the ball in 1 hand..acting larger than life...not a good trend. That shows a "me" mentality more than a "team" mentality.

No big deal carrying the ball with one hand. Berry does that every time he gets an interception.

Berry does it differently, I feel. But I might be wrong. Still one handed, but looks more in control. Peters looks in control, but that's sort of in the same way that many think Shaw has it easy because he's so big. It's actually easy to f' up.

JC got stripped with both hands on the ball holding on for dear life by Peters..its just cocky to do that..i don't like it.

What JC did was actually more dangerous with the ball as has been proven by his past fumble issues. He's got to learn to go down and not good stood up and try to get six extra inches while guys are plugging away at the ball. The holding the ball like a loaf of bread is pretty common among defensive playmakers who are always looking to score. Its clearly not smart, but as was mentioned before Eric Berry does it as well. And Berry and Peters are as elite as it gets at making big plays after the turnover. Id just suggest both probably feel awkward with the ball wrapped up and trying to run. Or maybe they are hot dogging it. Or likely both.  

Archived