Marcus peters

What JC did was actually more dangerous with the ball as has been proven by his past fumble issues. He's got to learn to go down and not good stood up and try to get six extra inches while guys are plugging away at the ball. The holding the ball like a loaf of bread is pretty common among defensive playmakers who are always looking to score. Its clearly not smart, but as was mentioned before Eric Berry does it as well. And Berry and Peters are as elite as it gets at making big plays after the turnover. Id just suggest both probably feel awkward with the ball wrapped up and trying to run. Or maybe they are hot dogging it. Or likely both.

If they're hot dogging, they need to learn to high step it.

If they're hot dogging, they need to learn to high step it.

Roger Craig type high step or who else you got in mind? Ironically Iowa lost a TD this year because a RB high stepped his way into the end zone on a long run. Talk about ridiculous.

No player on offense will probably ever as good at causing fumbles as a defender. That's why defenders might be a bit more relaxed carrying the ball. Normally I don't mind the single handed carrying but the way Peters was holding the ball made me really nervous and it's not something he does very often.

Poll question...

Chiefs are about to take on the Cowboys.

When Dez Bryant goes head to head with Marcus Peters...who gets the better of who?

Peters...Bryant...draw. What say you?

depends if  Peters can put on a good imitation of Josh Norman or not.. I think Dez is too physical for Peters 

Roger Craig type high step or who else you got in mind? Ironically Iowa lost a TD this year because a RB high stepped his way into the end zone on a long run. Talk about ridiculous.

Horrible call on Wadley too for that. I hope he is available late rounds. Would be a good returner/3rd rb for us.

Poll question...

Chiefs are about to take on the Cowboys.

When Dez Bryant goes head to head with Marcus Peters...who gets the better of who?

Peters...Bryant...draw. What say you?

It was interesting watching the Cowboys last game. They played Dez a lot on the left side. Let’s see where they look me him up this week.

Dez-Peters I think is a draw. A perfect pass is unstoppable because of the size difference. A poorly thrown ball is going the other way and Dez won’t chase. He will be too busy pouting.

I continue to assert that the Chiefs would be better off trading him away in the offseason to get back into the first round, see if Maybe Oak would give up a 1st and a 3rd for him.  He's a talented guy no doubt, but it's not like this is a singular incidence in the grand scheme of things.  Add this non attempt at contact to some of the other things like screaming at Sutton on the sideline, the kneeling crap, and I just feel like as this guy evolves he's going to be a big time headache.  I love this ability, but I think his act is only going to get worse. 

I continue to assert that the Chiefs would be better off trading him away in the offseason to get back into the first round, see if Maybe Oak would give up a 1st and a 3rd for him.  He's a talented guy no doubt, but it's not like this is a singular incidence in the grand scheme of things.  Add this non attempt at contact to some of the other things like screaming at Sutton on the sideline, the kneeling crap, and I just feel like as this guy evolves he's going to be a big time headache.  I love this ability, but I think his act is only going to get worse. 

I understand this sentiment. It's really a lot like Dale Carter when he was here. But we have club control for two more years on this rookie contract. And he's only 24. This is the kind of deal where a few key guys in the organization need to really look hard if he's a ticking time bomb or simply an overly emotional player that will mature with time. I''d definitely give it one more season and then either sign him long term or trade him at that point. All the Raiders need is a few more playmakers like this and they may be able to flip the script and become the dominant team in this division we are now.  But hey if somebody wants to offer the farm, I'd certainly look at my draft board and listen.

I get that his value is high and acting afraid of contact at time recently, but we are light on talent at CB. We need to add a Marcus Peters rather than get rid of one. So many first rounders price to be nothing special. I would hang onto a top 5 CB making rookie contract money.

I say that and he will self destruct and prove me wrong.

I understand this sentiment. It's really a lot like Dale Carter when he was here. But we have club control for two more years on this rookie contract. And he's only 24. This is the kind of deal where a few key guys in the organization need to really look hard if he's a ticking time bomb or simply an overly emotional player that will mature with time. I''d definitely give it one more season and then either sign him long term or trade him at that point. All the Raiders need is a few more playmakers like this and they may be able to flip the script and become the dominant team in this division we are now.  But hey if somebody wants to offer the farm, I'd certainly look at my draft board and listen.

His age was the primary selling point, in my opinion.  Some team will look at his age and the things you noted and think that they can get him right.  That's where the value is.  Even if the headaches with him cease, what happens in two years?  What kind of stupid money is he going to want?  Would we even be willing to pay it?  I just think dealing him in the offseason is better for the longterm health of the franchise, for a myriad of reasons, and I think a couple of draft picks now would be more beneficial than having Peters in 2020. Then again, you know me, I'm more apt to put up with bullshit from a player if his bullshit takes place off the field away from the uniform and the stadium, than I am someone who does it in the spotlight.  

Archived