Drafting Kpass was a mistake.

They did draft an ILB, Eligwe, who I think will be real good in time.   They just need to play him.  Right now DJ is an albatross at that position, playing horribly, but also blocking any young player from taking the position because of who he is.   It wouldn't have mattered who they drafted, DJ is still playing and stinking it up.

This draft was not for immediate needs, but for next year, with the exception of Hunt.  I think K-Pass will be a stud at whatever position he finally settles into.  

We should have taken a MLB. There were some there in that round.

Miraculously, Zach Cunningham fell well into the 2nd Round, just a few picks prior to the Chiefs Pick. The Chiefs were in prime position to trade move up and grab him, but they didn't and now Cunningham is already playing well for the Texans. The Chiefs vetted Cunningham too, so it's not like they weren't interested. Sometimes a player's measurements aren't always the #1 attribute a GM should be looking at.

John Dorsey did make some great Picks with Kareem Hunt, Marcus Peters, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. But let's be honest here, that's about all the top talent he's drafted. Mitch Morse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff, Eric Fisher, Dee Ford, Parker Ehinger, Eric Murray, Steven Nelson and Chris Conley are average at best. People are quick to forget KaeVaree Russell, Kevin Hogan, etc that were terrible picks.

They did draft an ILB, Eligwe, who I think will be real good in time. They just need to play him. Right now DJ is an albatross at that position, playing horribly, but also blocking any young player from taking the position because of who he is. It wouldn't have mattered who they drafted, DJ is still playing and stinking it up.

This draft was not for immediate needs, but for next year, with the exception of Hunt. I think K-Pass will be a stud at whatever position he finally settles into.

I agree and disagree. Eligwe looks to be a gem and I would start him. Not in place of DJ, but in place of Ragland/Wilson. DJ has not been the run stuffer of the past, but he leads the LBs in tackles. Houston and DJ do not need replaced. They both dominate the LB Corp. It’s the other 2 spots that need help.

Eligwe and Kpass (while Ford is hurt). Hopefully Kpass can make a case for Ford’s spit and Ford can come in to releave Houston on some passing downs.

We all knew this draft was more about elevating our future prospects more than today. Both Mahomes and Tanoh were projects with really high upsides based on physical talent. Dorsey largely ignored ILB for too long, but I do not even remotely judge this pick as of yet.

I doubt Chiefs would pass on an instant ILB starter as it looked to be the biggest hole. In the end they considered Kpass as possibly a beast at DL or LB and went with him. I think it's too early to consider this pick a mistake.

Voice of reason.????

6-2 and 8 games in. Draft talk isn't relevant?

Not that. Chiefs had already traded up once. It would be dumb to give up more picks for a devalued position like ILB. Plus we knew from day 1 that kpass was a project. Nothing wrong with that. If it works out he plays a much more important position. But the microwaving on the pick needs to go.

Also the dumb comment about Morse who has been one of the highest rated centers in the league and has played at a high level since he came in.

Painting with a broad brush here. 8)

I agree and disagree. Eligwe looks to be a gem and I would start him. Not in place of DJ, but in place of Ragland/Wilson. DJ has not been the run stuffer of the past, but he leads the LBs in tackles. Houston and DJ do not need replaced. They both dominate the LB Corp. It’s the other 2 spots that need help.

Eligwe and Kpass (while Ford is hurt). Hopefully Kpass can make a case for Ford’s spit and Ford can come in to releave Houston on some passing downs.

I disagree. DJ is downright horrible right now, and definitely needs to be replaced. With whom????

Well that's a harder question..

All of the scouting trends on Kpass are spot on...it was known he would be a project...it was known that his physical characteristics were freakish..but that his technical ability needed to be established so that each hand washes the other. I just think expectations of wanting it "now" are premature...because he isn't "now" ready...let the soup simmer.

All of the scouting trends on Kpass are spot on...it was known he would be a project...it was known that his physical characteristics were freakish..but that his technical ability needed to be established so that each hand washes the other. I just think expectations of wanting it "now" are premature...because he isn't "now" ready...let the soup simmer.

This

Not that. Chiefs had already traded up once. It would be dumb to give up more picks for a devalued position like ILB. Plus we knew from day 1 that kpass was a project. Nothing wrong with that. If it works out he plays a much more important position. But the microwaving on the pick needs to go.

Also the dumb comment about Morse who has been one of the highest rated centers in the league and has played at a high level since he came in.

Painting with a broad brush here. 8)

I was joking.

Archived