Drafting Kpass was a mistake.

I believe kpass will be the truth... Also I know dj is missin tackles he normally makes behind the line, and that he has obviously lost a step as far as covering sideline to sideline, but the amount of blind hate for his game makes me wonder if some here even watch the games or just read others posting about being frustrated with a few plays from him here or there.. He is still far and away the best ilb on our roster, and without those handful of missed tackles, or trailing a rb or wr to the flat, he is still playing very good ball.

It’s getting really old with the people still bitching about not drafting a LB in round 2. THERE WAS NOT ONE ON THE BOARD AT OUR PICK!

People bitch about Cunningham going a few picks before ours....So why is it hard to believe that Chiefs didn’t value him enough to give up our 3rd(good thing we didn’t or no Hunt) OR maybe that those other teams had no interest in trading down?

If KC passed on a LB that’s another story....but the next LB that went off the board was not till in the 3rd round about 10 picks in! You really wanted KC to reach that far just to get a LB? Exactly

I just don’t get it...it’s like saying we should of drafted Luck a few years ago

it's too early to make that call.  The Chiefs barely used Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones last year until about this time of the year and that worked out great.

The Chiefs have a plan with some of their picks that need practice and film study. 

KPass got in last week and I look for his snaps to increase down the stretch.

If he and Tamba can provide a pass rush spark we should be more than fine these last 8-9 games.

it's too early to make that call.  The Chiefs barely used Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones last year until about this time of the year and that worked out great.

The Chiefs have a plan with some of their picks that need practice and film study. 

If he and Tamba can provide a pass rush spark we should be more than fine these last 8-9 games.

It never fails to astound that so many expect instant results from rookies.  For every Hunt, there's several DJs who take a couple of seasons to hit their strides.

I believe kpass will be the truth... Also I know dj is missin tackles he normally makes behind the line, and that he has obviously lost a step as far as covering sideline to sideline, but the amount of blind hate for his game makes me wonder if some here even watch the games or just read others posting about being frustrated with a few plays from him here or there.. He is still far and away the best ilb on our roster, and without those handful of missed tackles, or trailing a rb or wr to the flat, he is still playing very good ball.

No, he's not.  DJ has been dreadful.   https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/11/2/16595430/the-kansas-city-chiefs-run-defense-has-3-problems-right-now

it's too early to make that call. The Chiefs barely used Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones last year until about this time of the year and that worked out great.

I see what you did there.. lol

I like reading arrowhead pride, but reading a journalists fan take on a subject doesn't change my opinion. Dj has not quite looked himself, but I maintain that it would look a lot worse without 56 on the field. Hopefully as he stated in the write up we will see dj improve a bit now that he is closer to the normal amount of time that his injury takes to come back from..

I agree that dj has been a liability in a the run game some this year.. I stated as much in another thread. As that write up says there are other things in play as well.. D line not winning 1v1, and although I also still like sutton he has obviously made a decision to force teams to run by his personnel groups he has been throwing out there even on early downs.

Back t the original topic it sounded like Andy liked what he saw out of kpass n seems to think he didn't hurt his chances for more opportunities this week.. Also there was a few snaps last week that we lined up in a 4-3 alignment I think this helps keep us multiple and also in my opinion plays into the possibility of kpass getting more meaningful snaps.

Archived