Tamba's back!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to PFF he was still getting a lot of pressure despite his snap count being limited to about 50 percent of snaps and only 3 sacks. If we get that again it would really help. Ive just got no idea why a healthy guy would have been out half the season unless perhaps he tried some sort of procedure on the knee to get the bone on bone pain to subside a little.

If he’s actually healthy I think he’ll help. It may take a few games for him to get up to speed though.

I think so too.  I really don't expect him to play until after the bye week.

He can even help in the run game

I'm wondering if Ford's back issue is worse than initially thought. That being said Hali coming a week before the bye is pretty good as he'll play some snaps and rest for another week. Chiefs could be building the team up for playoffs this year.

yea ..any word on Ezikel's ( sp?) suspension? Even his back up aint too shabby,  we need all the run stop help we can get

Well, Tamba has had the whole of the postseason, plus half of this season, to get his body and mind in shape for the battles ahead. I believe having a wily old veteran come into the side at this moment in time is just what we need as he's been there and seen it all and will know all the plays.

People said that about Bo Jackson. And even though they were right about Bo, it doesn't mean that it applies in this case.

Bone on Bone arthritis is just that..no repair only replacement is the option. Xen knows it and I know it first hand. Bo & Tamba are apples and oranges 

Other than here, I have never seen arthritis associated with Tamba. I have googled Tamba Hali arthritis and get nothing. Am I missing a source?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article111123662.html

There's no fixing a knee that's bone on bone. No cure. No alleviation. Just pain. I am amazed that he's playing football like that. Only fix is a total knee replacement.

He's one tough motherfucker. I just question how effective he'll be. I do hope he plays well, i just doubt how much they'll get out of him as the season goes on.

Yes but that knee will never heal. He's playing on borrowed time.

Best case scenario is we get what we did last year. Limit his snaps and let him make an impact as a pass rusher. That said we do have to face the possibility he won't even be able to do that. Tamba seems VERY optimistic he's going to be good to go on Twitter. I believe it when I see it after the rant last July. 

Twitter now saying he's off PUP but not practicing today.  KC has 3 weeks to clear him or he's cut I believe.

Andy said he might practice in the evening!!!..if not today then hopefully tomorrow he's back out there. Word is he was on the sidelines with the guys against Denver so it looks like he's fully involved with things.

Archived